• UK resident but not voting

Votes: 18 6.6%
  • Spoiled my ballot

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
this whole thing is pointless anyway, as they are all self serving, snivelling wankers with no real idea of how "normal" people have to manage day to day. They're all cnuts and whether they are Labour, Conservative, or inbetween, they're in it for themselves and to line their own, and their mates, pockets.

The majority of people in this country are racist, bigoted pricks as well, and will vote mainly on proposed boat stopping capabilities and "NO SHARIA LAW IN MY TOWN" reasons anyway. They just want their country back, although they can't actually say who they want it back from, or where it's been.

It still blows my mind that people in boats is still the main talking point when public services is on its knees.

You'd have thought after COVID that the NHS would be the main talking point. But no. The plebs want to continue to talk about immigration the fecking planks.

It still blows my mind that people in boats is still the main talking point when public services is on its knees.

You'd have thought after COVID that the NHS would be the main talking point. But no. The plebs want to continue to talk about immigration the fecking planks.

For whatever reasons this makes specific people very angry and elicits the most visceral response, so they push that button over and over again.

I think it appeals to the type of person that fetishises the war and almost wishes we were actually being invaded so they could defend the country.

To vote with your conscience or to vote tactically for someone you don't believe in is a pretty good dilemma.

There is no dilemma. You vote for whatever you think is the best outcome for the country you live in. Which shouldn’t cause a moments hesitation when faced with a choice as obvious as the one described here.

You'd have thought after COVID that the NHS would be the main talking point. But no. The right wing want to continue to talk about immigration the fecking planks.
Fixed that for you

There is no dilemma. You vote for whatever you think is the best outcome for the country you live in. Which shouldn’t cause a moments hesitation when faced with a choice as obvious as the one described here.

I hope everyone see the obvious parallel to the US election with this comment as well. You're on the money here, @Pogue Mahone

And yes, I do the same every election in Norway. Gotta vote against the Far Right bastards.

rees-mogg-lying-down.jpg
He’s the one for me

Voted labour.

Seeing a lot of vote green on here and social media. Be very interesting what the results will be. Keep seeing this notion that it's a labour safe seat anyway so I can vote green. Surely if enough people do that you have a real chance of getting Tory?
Yep, it’s a big risk. My area has historically been Labour but lost out to the Tories last time out, so I simply have to go with Labour today, not taking any chances.

Voting Labour in a lot of constituencies also gives you a real chance of getting a Tory MP.

But it’s these people on boats that are ruining the NHS :nervous:

I hope everyone see the obvious parallel to the US election with this comment as well. You're on the money here, @Pogue Mahone

And yes, I do the same every election in Norway. Gotta vote against the Far Right bastards.
The US election is much more of a binary choice though. The fear there is that people who dislike Trump just don't vote at all.

Voting Labour in a lot of constituencies also gives you a real chance of getting a Tory MP.
Explain how voting labour in a labour safe seat gives a real chance of getting a Tory.

Serious answers only.

Explain how voting labour in a labour safe seat gives a real chance of getting a Tory.

Serious answers only.
He didn't say that, did he?

Example being a seat that is close between Tory and Lib Dems. Voting Labour there, where they might come fourth gives advantage to Torys.

You keep clinging onto this idea that Starmer doesn’t know what EU Membership rules are, not what Brexit was/is.

It’s honestly not worth saying anything if you believe that.

For all the fellas moral/political failings, there’s literally a zero percent chance that you understand more about the UK Governments relationship with the EU than he does.

He’s a poor communicator and clearly relies on focus groups for messaging. But the bloke is undeniably king of the detail. He’s not a blow arse Tory just coasting on through. He’s incredibly analytical, reads documents and is smart enough to digest them.

Again, not voting for him. But this drum you bash about him not understanding some pretty basic shit…. Why? Hit him with a bigger stick in a more vulnerable place.

Why do you think this? He's clueless and has been ever since 2016. Why for what reason do you think he knows?

Because he has become leader of the Labour Party somehow makes him suddenly more knowledgeable than people who actually know what they're doing. You're the one who's living in some kind of fantasy land.

You've had recent examples of exactly that with Boris Johnson and Liz Truss.

Come on, then. How do you have the benefits of being in the Customs Union and the Single Market without being in them. Maybe Sri Lanka or Chile or China would like them.

It is insulting and moronic but this guy is another fool leading the UK into fantasy land. Someone will wake up eventually.

Last edited:
I was also sarcastically referring to the fact that the majority of Labour candidates subscribe to the current manifesto and party leadership which is quite plainly centre-right.

You seem very anxious about people voting Labour in general.
I don't believe much will change outside of 'less scandals' and 'sensibleness'. That's enough for a lot of folk it seems like. For me, I'd rather the UK actually tried to do something to help the millions in poverty. This version of Labour are quite explicit in saying they will reverse very little of the damaging policies put in place over the last decade.

Ergo, I don't think giving them a large majority is good for the country.

Unless you genuinely believe that the Labour press team censors all negative articles and any reference to his woeful approval rating in the media Starmer sees, like he's fecking Kim Jong Un, he will be well aware of the shallowness of both his and his party's support. Parties analyse this data to death.

One would think this. But the more he opens his mouth the more rubbish comes out and his ratings drop. His advisers seem completely useless.

There's no doubt Labour are going to win easily but what happens when he's in power. I'm thinking several years ahead.

The US election is much more of a binary choice though. The fear there is that people who dislike Trump just don't vote at all.

Of course, I know. However. there is still a fair bit of similarity which was my point. It’s about being an adult and make the choice that is the best/the least shit depending on your perspective.

«Oh ah I don’t like the options, so I might just sit out» etc.

If labour can beat tory you vote labour.
If lib dem can beat tory you vote lib dem
If green can beat tory or reform you vote green.
If you are in strong labour seat, vote with your heart.

https://www.getvoting.org/
If any other party can beat labour other than the Tories vote for them. Labour are going to get a big majority some independents and other party Mp's (excluding Tories and reform) will be good for the country.

Yep, got to make the the right choice for the constituency you live in.

Once in a generation opportunity to kick the Tories out as far as possible.

This election for me is an incredible opportunity to not only remove the Tories from government but also remove them from opposition. I would be a shame if people voted with the egos/ideals in the wrong seats and allowed a Tory to hold onto there seat.

Looks like reform blown their whole election budget on social media bots, they are everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.