• UK resident but not voting

Votes: 18 6.6%
  • Spoiled my ballot

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he was indulged by the media. His arguments around Brexit were ridiculous but because he was given an unchallenged platform, people swallowed it. He used the system , yes, and still is.
But with proper challenging his arguments would have melted away very quickly.

Yeah I would hope so but I am not really convinced. I think he can say and do what he wants and people will still vote for him. Politics is way too tribal now and a cult of personality.

Yeah I would hope so but I am not really convinced. I think he can say and do what he wants and people will still vote for him. Politics is way too tribal now and a **** of personality.

He's come back for this election still claiming the same rubbish and even saying Brexit was not enforced properly. A decent media would absolutely destroy him but instead they indulge him and people continue to be scammed.

I wrote the word cult (c u l t). Think that was starred out automatically, not sure I have seen that before.

Edit: it was, so typed it out with spaces to bypass it now! Assume it's because something thinks I am trying to get around the censor for cnut.

Farage will be an MP, the tories will absorb reform to gain some MP numbers and farage will lead the tories into the next election.

He'll win it too.

He won't. While he might unify the right wing vote, and make the Tory vote larger than it is now, there is IMO a price to that - he also puts a ceiling on its size. If the future Tories can't attract centrist Labour voters - eg people who care about the NHS, public services etc., then they aren't winning anything. And while Farage can maybe stabilise their core vote, he actively puts off those other kinds of voters (as well as moderate Tories). I reckon a Farage led Tory party gets about a 25% ish share of the vote.

Last edited:
To be fair a worsening economy doesn't usually increase immigration into that country.

Brexit was about control. We voted to take back control. That makes every single migrant coming into this country now a choice (except small boats).

So the Tories are now the party of large scale immigration even if they claim to be otherwise.
People will still come for a better life compared to their own. There will be billions wanting to come.

What the worse economy has done, is make the sought after immigrants (tech, doctors, researchers, etc.) not want to come here. I have seen this among people I know, the brightest minds are no longer coming to the UK and in fact many of the ones already here are leaving for greener pastures.

It’s quite something when a children of immigrants resorts to far right views, fecking dispicable stuff. He really is a nasty piece of work and deserves all of the shit he is getting.

It's the same as him trying to act as if he's a normal regular person who knows how to fill his car up with petrol and know how to pay for it. He's trying to fit in what he thinks will make him look more like what he thinks an average voter might think.

Turns out his criminal record is more of an issue than immigration…

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk...peatedly-molested-girl-7-swindon-court-hears/
This is an extreme example, but it absolutely highlights why I hate the "view from the man on the street" vox pops that are now littering mainstream news. Years ago this sort of crap was a bit on "Nationwide" or "That's life" but it is certainly not journalism. I want information from credible expert sources or a proportionate exposure to different political views. Not the views of someone that has plenty of time to waste to appear on camera.

Someone hasn't removed the turd from the centre of the picture

8176.jpg

Sunak has refused to deny that there are cabinet ministers involved which has probably led to the rumours. There's a few on the cabinet who I'd love it to be.

He’s incredibly arrogant and petulant. He’s clearly grown up having very little experience of people questioning him and he just doesn’t know how to deal with it. Especially when it’s working class folk having the temerity to argue with him.

Ironic that he doesn't realise that what he thinks are people like him are laughing at him for not realising that he is just tolerate due to his wealth.

Can we find out who's donated and how much?

Here's the Electoral Commission press release: https://www.electoralcommission.org...arties-and-campaigners-second-week-campaign-0.

I think the full dataset is released quarterly, but Labour List are reporting the following:

The largest donation Labour received in the second week of the campaign came from Lord David Sainsbury of Turville, with a donation of £2.5m. Lord Sainsbury broke the record for largest political donation in British history in 2019, donating £8m to the Liberal Democrats.

Other large donations to Labour included £900,000 from businessman Gary Lubner, £700,000 from investor Martin Taylor and £100,000 from ASLEF.

By contrast, the largest donations received by the Conservative Party were two £50,000 donations from cash and carry firm Bestway Wholesale and The Spring Lunch.

Reform UK received £500,000 from the firm Britain Means Business, whose director is Richard Tice – former party leader and Reform UK candidate for Boston and Skegness.

The Co-operative Party, which has an electoral pact with Labour, received donations totalling £60,000.

https://labourlist.org/2024/06/labour-donations-second-week-general-election-2024/

Sainsbury funded the SDP breakaway in the 80s thats ecured thatcher another term in office by splitting the left vote.
He also funded blair and akehurst's labour to win crowd.

If he is giving money, its because labour are most certainly not going to do much for the working people of this country.

18 June 2024
Starmer: Blair is right that a woman has a vagina and a man has a penis
Labour leader strengthens position on biological sex after previous struggles to define a woman

21 June 2024

He reminds me of Pennywise at the end of IT part 2, after he's been reduced to a pathetic little husk of a life-form. There wasn't much for Sunak to shrink down to, but he's managed it.

He reminds me of Pennywise at the end of IT part 2, after he's been reduced to a pathetic little husk of a life-form. There wasn't much for Sunak to shrink down to, but he's managed it.

I have a feeling that it’s more the ‘court’ rather than the ‘foreign’ that Sunak’s bunch of criminals have a problem with. The UK desperately needs some formal checks and balances to stop cnuts like the last few Tory governments riding roughshod over the constitution.

I have a feeling that it’s more the ‘court’ rather than the ‘foreign’ that Sunak’s bunch of criminals have a problem with. The UK desperately needs some formal checks and balances to stop cnuts like the last few Tory governments riding roughshod over the constitution.

We don't have a constitution so we are reliant on either our courts or the house of lords(!) to stop a government doing something like removing really basic protections like ECHR. Weirdly because the Lords are mainly still old-school conservative for now, they did a decent job at the more ludicrous bills over the last few years. There needs to be something formal in place as you're saying to stop the obvious shifts they're going for.

We don't have a constitution so we are reliant on either our courts or the house of lords(!) to stop a government doing something like removing really basic protections like ECHR. Weirdly because the Lords are mainly still old-school conservative for now, they did a decent job at the more ludicrous bills over the last few years. There needs to be something formal in place as you're saying to stop the obvious shifts they're going for.

Even with that, we still made it legal for the security services to kill people.

Status
Not open for further replies.