• UK resident but not voting

Votes: 18 6.6%
  • Spoiled my ballot

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Farage set to win with the biggest election win in UK history.
https://x.com/politlcsuk/status/1803406150550859803?s=46&t=wxpuqJtaIkz2kcV7xGORhg
feck this country man.
Listen, I'm not right wing. Far from it. Faaaar from it.

But let me tell you something. If I was a Brexit voting conservative voter, I would be absolutely furious. Absolute stark raving furious.

Why did they vote for Brexit? Why did they really vote for Brexit. Immigration. To cut the number of people coming into the country.

What happened instead? Record immigration levels. Record immigration levels from the party that promised Brexit would cut immigration.

The conservatives betrayed their voting base and are suffering the consequences.

It's the same thing that happened when the Lib Dems caved on student loans. They will suffer for a long time

Farage and Reform will pick up more votes than the Tories.

I don't really know where to ask this so I'm just going to ask here.

What happens hypothetically if labour win the election but Kier Starmer loses his seat? I'm not saying it's likely I just want to know what happens. Leadership contest?

What happens hypothetically if labour win the election but Kier Starmer loses his seat? I'm not saying it's likely I just want to know what happens. Leadership contest?

Most likely option would be to make him a lord and have him be PM that way, or someone stands down in a safe seat and calls a by elelection immediately where starmer stands.

Angela Rayner is the deputy leader, she would be PM, probably while a new leadership election took place.

But let me tell you something. If I was a Brexit voting conservative voter, I would be absolutely furious. Absolute stark raving furious.

Why did they vote for Brexit? Why did they really vote for Brexit. Immigration. To cut the number of people coming into the country.

What happened instead? Record immigration levels. Record immigration levels from the party that promised Brexit would cut immigration.

The conservatives betrayed their voting base and are suffering the consequences.

It's the same thing that happened when the Lib Dems caved on student loans. They will suffer for a long time

But as was said at the time, Brexit would lead to more immigration from throughout the world. There's no surprise. If it wasn't for the Europeans leaving the UK it would be even higher.

Furthermore Farage is still promoting even more stupidity which will lead to even more. In Reform's contract/manifesto they threaten to break International Law at least three times and their policies will make the Uk's economy even worse as well.

These people should have then thought which cnut was front and centre for Brexit and said we would be better off afterwards. Now they are about to vote him. Can't help idiots.

Angela Rayner is the deputy leader, she would be PM, probably while a new leadership election took place.

Actually given what I am told is happening in and around Angela Rayners constituency, she is the one who might lose her seat.

Angela Rayner had a majority of around 4500 last time. Around 20% of voters are Muslim and with George Galloway's constituency being just up the road and he has fired up a number of Muslim /Labour voters about Gaza, so some danger there. Plus (so, I'm am told by friends who live in the constituency *) Reform is also taking potential voters from Labour, as well as Tories.
The Tories have repeatedly targeted Rayner and being as they are going down anyway, it's possible some 'dirty tricks' may be in play and they may well encourage their local people vote Reform to get Rayner in a 'pincer movement'.

So Labour could have a vacancy for a parliamentary deputy leader.

(* I lived in the area for many years and its always been a Labour safe seat, indeed the joke use to be you could pin a red rosette on a dog and it would get elected)

But as was said at the time, Brexit would lead to more immigration from throughout the world. There's no surprise. If it wasn't for the Europeans leaving the UK it would be even higher.

Furthermore Farage is still promoting even more stupidity which will lead to even more. In Reform's contract/manifesto they threaten to break International Law at least three times and their policies will make the Uk's economy even worse as well.
To be fair a worsening economy doesn't usually increase immigration into that country.

Brexit was about control. We voted to take back control. That makes every single migrant coming into this country now a choice (except small boats).

So the Tories are now the party of large scale immigration even if they claim to be otherwise.

Actually given what I am told is happening in and around Angela Rayners constituency, she is the one who might lose her seat.

Angela Rayner had a majority of around 4500 last time. Around 20% of voters are Muslim and with George Galloway's constituency being just up the road and he has fired up a number of Muslim /Labour voters about Gaza, so some danger there. Plus (so, I'm am told by friends who live in the constituency *) Reform is also taking potential voters from Labour, as well as Tories.
The Tories have repeatedly targeted Rayner and being as they are going down anyway, it's possible some 'dirty tricks' may be in play and they may well encourage their local people vote Reform to get Rayner in a 'pincer movement'.

So Labour could have a vacancy for a parliamentary deputy leader.

(* I lived in the area for many years and its always been a Labour safe seat, indeed the joke use to be you could pin a red rosette on a dog and it would get elected)
Maybe Labour should have a deputy deputy. Maybe all parties should have a deputy deputy, just in case.

These people should have then thought which cnut was front and centre for Brexit and said we would be better off afterwards. Now they are about to vote him. Can't help idiots.
Because Farage would stop migration. The Tory right pretended to care about it, but immigration is at a higher level than ever. Because they never cared.

And we all knew that, we all knew it was rhetoric. We being... Lefty liberals.

But the right? No they feel betrayed.

To be fair a worsening economy doesn't usually increase immigration into that country.

Brexit was about control. We voted to take back control. That makes every single migrant coming into this country now a choice (except small boats).

So the Tories are now the party of large scale immigration even if they claim to be otherwise.

The immigration model has changed because of Brexit. There was control before but the government lied. Johnson lied, Farage lied, everyone lied regarding Brexit.
And there is control now. The small boats problem is minimal and caused by a pathetic Home Office and there being hardly any safe routes but has been blown out of all context.

Now the country is relying on immigrants coming and staying a short while and then being replaced by others. The additional problem now is that the people being asked to come are for higher paid jobs to compete with British people but there is nobody to do the lower paid jobs. British people don't want to do them. That's why there's so many vacancies.

In a short summary, basically you've now got the wrong type of immigrant, thanks to Brexit.

Because Farage would stop migration. The Tory right pretended to care about it, but immigration is at a higher level than ever. Because they never cared.

Farage also said Brexit would stop migration and give us so much. Are they not holding him to account? Migration levels were under control before Brexit because we had agreements with other countries and free movement allowed European people to come and work in areas such as adult social care and the NHS. Now we don't have control over borders and are struggling with resources in these areas.

I won't have any sympathy with these idiots on the right about betrayal. They betrayed the rights of everyone with Brexit and now they vote for Farage so they can feck off.

Last edited:
Thank you. I think I'd be ok with that to be honest
That's presupposes that Rayner retains her seat. She's my MP, but I won't be voting for her this time, and a lot of the others around here may do the same. There are a lot of Muslim families in the area and her abstaining on the ceasefire vote has been noticed.

Legally the PM is whoever the Monarch says is the PM, end of. The convention is that you have to command a majority in the house of commons but how you do it is your own business.

Farage would not stop migration as the country would collapse without the jobs filled by immigrants. He can claim to want to stop migration but then it’s up to other parties and the media to do a better job of calling out his lies than they did in 2016. Maybe start by telling those people in Clapton that, if they really hate foreigners so much, then as a trade off they‘ll need to get used to a 19th century level of public services.

I was going to say I feel bad for the guy as if he's done his time then he should be helped to get a job. But he's a nonce who blames it on immigrants, FFS. Deport him to Rwanda.

And this is also why posting any polling about Corbyn in particular is useless. It was a late independent candidacy and no one can answer the polling questions reliably. He's either in with a good shout or he's going to be flogged. No one else can predict anything more concrete.

Is anyone surprised by the betting allegations? It's par for the Tory course for the last 4 years.

I do laugh though at the Gambling Commission trying to throw some weight around, yet when they find many operators breaking the rules they can't even suspend licenses. I just wish they would find the same energy to improve the industry they're supposed to regulate and supervise.

Is anyone surprised by the betting allegations? It's par for the Tory course for the last 4 years.

I do laugh though at the Gambling Commission trying to throw some weight around, yet when they find many operators breaking the rules they can't even suspend licenses. I just wish they would find the same energy to improve the industry they're supposed to regulate and supervise.
All the betting companies could be providing data on irregular betting patterns but a lot of them have cosy relationships. It can take a "new competitor" to break open the cartels that clearly take place. A few years ago there was a raft of stories as Betfair was breaking into new markets around the world.

Each time there would initially be a "Breaking News" story of "Betfair finds evidence of irregular voting patterns in [insert sport name} reported to Sports official body" and then a few months later...."Betfair named official sponsor/partner of same official body" -

It's clear that official sporting bodies want to feed off the deep marketing budgets of betting companies rather than keep a clean house.

Status
Not open for further replies.