• UK resident but not voting

Votes: 18 6.6%
  • Spoiled my ballot

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He created growth artificially by deliberately inflating asset prices, and then relaxed the buy to let lending rules.

The result?

In 1996, you could be a 3 bed end of terrace hous ein Wolverhampton for £26,500, when the average wage in the city was circa 15K a year.

In 2010, that same house cost £110,000, and the average wage was £18K a year.

We'll be paying for that idiocy for the next 50 years.

Straight out of the Telegraph.

It was a Thatcher policy to sell off council houses therefore creating a massive need for private rents. Tony Blair heeded to the necessity. The biggest reason BTL took off was the reduction of 5-fold in interest rates.

Straight out of the Telegraph.

It was a Thatcher policy to sell off council houses therefore creating a massive need for private rents. Tony Blair heeded to the necessity. The biggest reason BTL took off was the reduction of 5-fold in interest rates.

Never read the telegraph in my life.

I'm talking about a real hopuse in a real street in a real city called wolverhampton. I know how the price went because my best mate bought it. He was working at the Ford dealership 5 minutes from that house.

Thatcher left office in 1990. ALL the inflation of this house was from blair. He did it quite deliberately, as has been open about fueling asset inflation so I am not sure why anyone still denies it happened.

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/property/uprn/100071141760/

You don't understand politics.

If Labour had any leader other than Jeremy Corby we would have got rid of the Tories at the 2017 election.
Wrong.

If Labour hadn't had the current leadership wing of the party sabotaging the election, then we would have got rid of the Tories in 2017.

Anti-Corbyn Labour officials worked to lose general election to oust leader, leaked dossier finds
Call for investigation into ‘possible misuse of funds’ by senior officials on party’s right wing

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...antisemitism-tories-yougov-poll-a9462456.html

Absofeckingloutely this is why some things are best left unsaid.
But that was definitely not a Corbyn policy, as he has said before, he believes in leave. Who was in favour of a referendum? Maybe the Shadow Brexit Minister who had a leadership campaign written up 18 months before the election, and has recently said that he knew that Labour wasn't going to win the election.

Wrong.

If Labour hadn't had the current leadership wing of the party sabotaging the election, then we would have got rid of the Tories in 2017.

Anti-Corbyn Labour officials worked to lose general election to oust leader, leaked dossier finds
Call for investigation into ‘possible misuse of funds’ by senior officials on party’s right wing

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...antisemitism-tories-yougov-poll-a9462456.html
Strange this is what I was talking about in my post above but for the 2019 election.

Last edited:
But that was definitely not a Corbyn policy, as he has said before, he believes in leave. Who was in favour of a referendum? Maybe the Shadow Brexit Minister who had a leadership campaign written up 18 months before the election, and has recently said that he knew that Labour wasn't going to win the election.

If you aren't happy with their work, you can always replace them while being willing to accept the cost. That's the responsibility of the party leader.

I'm still yet to hear in this thread and from people in general why Tony Blair was bad for Britain.

The immigration and housing crisis lies squarely at the feet of Blair and his neoliberal policies, he constitutionally started the process which allowed the Tories to take the numbers so high in the first place. Before New labour it was essentially break even give or take 50,000, no work permit or student visa bollocks you basically couldn't come here unless you were a commonwealth citizen, an EU citizen or you already had family here. After New labour? About 4 million extra people in a 13 year period which has only increased.

Frankly hes a traitor to the working class and 20 years of successive governments ignoring that voice is directly what led to brexit and the current surge in support for idiots like Farage, without the cultural, social and financial shock of mass immigration we would still be in the EU without a shadow of a doubt. Even now almost 10 years later there is Farage once again using them because its still not getting through to our politicians, if at any point we actually had a public vote it would be stopped quicker than you could get on social media and scream racism.

Wrong.

This is the story corbynites tell their children at bedtime and it is bollocks. One of the many fictions used to avoid asking themselves the hard questions about his lack of electoral appeal, because the answer isn't to their ideological liking.

GQsY1uTXcAAkbuK

100% worth pouring your money into that seat. A Prime Minister losing their seat would be end of party stuff.

This is the story corbynites tell their children at bedtime and it is bollocks. One of the many fictions used to avoid asking themselves the hard questions about his lack of electoral appeal, because the answer isn't to their ideological liking.
Ironic that you would dispute a fact due to your ideological liking.

Strange this is what I was talking about in my post above but for the 2019 election.
Absolutely. Starmers Brexit policy was a key contributor to the 2019 defeat in the Brexit election. Now he comes out and says he "knew Labour weren't going to win". I wonder why Keir.

We will never know for sure if, without the sabotage, Labour would've got rid of the Tories, but in 2017 it was very fine margins.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ter-theresa-may-hung-parliament-a7782581.html

Starmer will probably get a similar vote share to Corbyn in 2017. Starmer isn't appealing to anyone. He's just enjoying the spoils of the complete collapse of the Tory vote.

Johnson gained from a similar, but much smaller collapse in the Labour vote in 2019 when Labour fence sitting over Brexit drove the red wall to the "Get Brexit Done" Tories whilst simultaneously losing the anti-brexit vote to the lib-dems and SNP.

He should have ignored Starmer and gone for pure electoral appeal by sacking him and replacing him with a brexiteer. Then campaigned on soft landings over a hard brexit. Might have kept the red wall if he did that.

If they are referring to increasing GDP rather than cutting spending, then that's a good thing. Especially if it means more spending.

Problem with spending is you can't guarantee a return. You know you'll get one but what it is is anyone's guess until it happens. So if you set yourself a short term fiscal target based on debt to GDP over a 5 year period you basically only have a very short time to gamble on what to spend your money on before any economic headwinds or failed investments mean you've to either stop spending or scrap your target.

Even that first small window of opportunity requires guts in order to actually spend your money. If you think Starmer and co have guts and know what would represent a strong investment then I think you've a very positive frame of mind.

Never read the telegraph in my life.

I'm talking about a real hopuse in a real street in a real city called wolverhampton. I know how the price went because my best mate bought it. He was working at the Ford dealership 5 minutes from that house.

Thatcher left office in 1990. ALL the inflation of this house was from blair. He did it quite deliberately, as has been open about fueling asset inflation so I am not sure why anyone still denies it happened.

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/property/uprn/100071141760/

I say out the Telegraph because they often blamed Blair why the proverbial you can't afford a house. Nothing to do with the fact that people bought their council houses at a fraction and then sold them for profit few years down the line therefore creating a huge bubble and shortage.

You may not know this but often the implications of economic decisions a government makes are not felt straight away. They are usually felt years if not decades down the line.

I say out the Telegraph because they often blamed Blair why the proverbial you can't afford a house. Nothing to do with the fact that people bought their council houses at a fraction and then sold them for profit few years down the line therefore creating a huge bubble and shortage.

You may not know this but often the implications of economic decisions a government makes are not felt straight away. They are usually felt years if not decades down the line.
Even worse. Thatcher’s right to buy scheme which decimated the social housing stock actually resulted in people who could not afford to buy the houses they had lived in for 20-30 years accepting one off payments as little as £5000 from property developers who could afford to buy them. So they’d have a one off lump sum and would then be allowed to rent the property from the housing developer for a few years before rent was inevitably hiked to something they couldn’t afford or it was sold from underneath them.

So essentially what happened on a mass scale was social housing stock changing hands to landlords rather than tenants getting their forever home.

Even worse. Thatcher’s right to buy scheme which decimated the social housing stock actually resulted in people who could not afford to buy the houses they had lived in for 20-30 years accepting one off payments as little as £5000 from property developers who could afford to buy them. So they’d have a one off lump sum and would then be allowed to rent the property from the housing developer for a few years before rent was inevitably hiked to something they couldn’t afford or it was sold from underneath them.

So essentially what happened on a mass scale was social housing stock changing hands to landlords rather than tenants getting their forever home.

The smart move would have been to take that 5k and use it as a deposit for another property while they were cheap

maybe?

wake up lads, new tory embarrassment has dropped

That's brilliant but I suppose he can turn around and day prove thats him and not AI?

Edit: Hes already admitted it in fairness. And he goes on to say it's the effect of the policy that will deter immigrants not the policy itself.

It's not exactly taken out of context, but whether you agree or not with the policy, he obviously wasn't shitting on the policy per se.

The biggest factor was the relaxation of consumer credit rules and 125% mortgages that allowed people to buy as many houses as they could fill the paperwork out for with zero capital outlay.

The big problem was the lack of investment in social housing under both the Tories and Labour. Selling the housing stock to people who had lived in the house for a long period of time wasn't the major issue. It was not replacing the social housing that had been sold with new properties.

This poll doesn't take into account the betting scandal or the new info on NS. BLOODBATH

In my view, Labour biggest problem is voter apathy.
I would be surprised if the turnout is not on the low side, especially with voter ID putting some people off bothering to vote.

wake up lads, new tory embarrassment has dropped

Just saying what we all know. We have already given Rwanda hundreds of millions of pounds for absolutely nothing. It is an absolute scandal.

Status
Not open for further replies.