• UK resident but not voting

Votes: 18 6.6%
  • Spoiled my ballot

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how John Caudwell has a problem with Labour's plans to charge VAT on private schools. If anyone knows how to get out of paying VAT, it's surely him...

Funny how John Caudwell has a problem with Labour's plans to charge VAT on private schools. If anyone knows how to get out of paying VAT, it's surely him...

Unfortunately he can't put a school in a lorry and send it on a round trip to Europe.

One thing about the MRP surveys is that they consistently predict Corbyn to get battered in Islington. As someone who goes through there every day, it feels very pro-Corbyn (he is fundamentally a fantastic local MP, similar to Abbott). I still can't see anything but a Corbyn victory in North Islington.

And if the MRP is wrong on that, then god knows what else it's wrong on.

Or it's right? feck knows. Can someone let me know how much stock to put into this multi level regression and whatever (MRW) bollocks.

One thing about the MRP surveys is that they consistently predict Corbyn to get battered in Islington. As someone who goes through there every day, it feels very pro-Corbyn (he is fundamentally a fantastic local MP, similar to Abbott). I still can't see anything but a Corbyn victory in North Islington.

And if the MRP is wrong on that, then god knows what else it's wrong on.

Or it's right? feck knows. Can someone let me know how much stock to put into this multi level regression and whatever (MRW) bollocks.

I'd guess that it works well where an electorate votes according to the expected pattern. When there is a factor like a popular (now) Independent member I'd guess the model could not work. Hopefully it is mostly right in the vast majority of electorates. Please. Pretty please.

Couple of new polls today have Labour leading by 27 and 22 points respectively. Over the past 13 polls the average Labour lead has been 21.6%.

This would be very amusing

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ted-tory-seats-conservatives-general-election

Especially as the Tories are making our kids shorter, fatter, and infested with far more T2 diabetes.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...icker-amid-poor-diet-and-poverty-report-finds

It's just a shame that Sunak serves as the scapegoat of a Tory collapse, rather than the idiotic right which has turned the party into a complete shambles over the years. He's a useless PM, but that position was a poisoned chalice to begin with.

Will be interesting when the country realises Labour are as shite as the Tories, maybe then we'll get some real change in politics, or maybe we'll just repeat the cycle and re-elect Tories again... who knows

"We can't afford to tax wealthy people or talk about Brexit because then my Brexit Billionaire backers who don't pay any taxes in Monaco wouldn't give me their money and I wouldn't become Prime Minister! Why can't anyone understand this!?"

Last edited:
Will be interesting when the country realises Labour are as shite as the Tories, maybe then we'll get some real change in politics, or maybe we'll just repeat the cycle and re-elect Tories again... who knows
That's the spirit!

It's good that he feels secure enough to play the "millionaire roulette" of small helicopter ownership. Saving an hour of his precious commute time versus increased chance of Fiery Plummeting Death is the sort of entrepreneurial spirit that made phones 4 u a mobile phone operator that went into administration in 2014. He's been living off past glories for years!

It's just a shame that Sunak serves as the scapegoat of a Tory collapse, rather than the idiotic right which has turned the party into a complete shambles over the years. He's a useless PM, but that position was a poisoned chalice to begin with.

panic-oh-noes.gif

Farage set to win with the biggest election win in UK history.
https://x.com/politlcsuk/status/1803406150550859803?s=46&t=wxpuqJtaIkz2kcV7xGORhg
feck this country man.
I’d be a little skeptical of this.

Firstly it was commissioned by Aaron Banks and I don’t trust anything he’s involved in.

Secondly, their method of survey was telephone only and that ruled out anyone under 55 actually responding. I’m not kidding either, it’s a major problem for pollsters who use cold calling over the phone - young people just do not answer.

Ok so that tweet has been deleted. Obviously Aaron Banks doesn’t want us to know he paid commission for this survey.

Edit - it’s been retweeted;

Looking at the tables for the Farage answer, 76% of total respondents were aged 56+.

George Galloway has said that in one ward, his canvassers have reported over half the people they talked to when canvassing are going to vote reform. I think that was in clacton.

Farage will be an MP, the tories will absorb reform to gain some MP numbers and farage will lead the tories into the next election.

He'll win it too.

George Galloway has said that in one ward, his canvassers have reported over half the people they talked to when canvassing are going to vote reform. I think that was in clacton.

Farage will be an MP, the tories will absorb reform to gain some MP numbers and farage will lead the tories into the next election.

He'll win it too.
Farage does not want to be PM. Full stop. He’s an anarchist not a person willing to accept responsibility.

Farage does not want to be PM. Full stop. He’s an anarchist not a person willing to accept responsibility.

In what world have any of the last 5 prime ministers took any responsibility for anything?

We are living in a country where johnson partied to the point that near on 300,000 people died while he did nothing, and he has faced zero consequences.

Call me dave was given a job for life and made home secretary after his monumental idiocy.

For farage, like johnson, its a license to print money.

Well I got my overseas postal ballot form through today and completed it and sent it straight back - I've done my bit to rip this bunch of criminals out of government...over to the rest of you to finish the job!

In what world have any of the last 5 prime ministers took any responsibility for anything?

We are living in a country where johnson partied to the point that near on 300,000 people died while he did nothing, and he has faced zero consequences.

Call me dave was given a job for life and made home secretary after his monumental idiocy.

For farage, like johnson, its a license to print money.

The grift ends when he's actually expecting to get anything done and take ownership of any decisions that get made

Status
Not open for further replies.