• UK resident but not voting

Votes: 18 6.6%
  • Spoiled my ballot

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
True. Nobody ever mentions the Gulf War or the War on Terror, or any of the other conflicts from the last 30 years and their present-day ramifications as a regular part of political discourse.

It will surely be resolved one way or the other after the US election.

Starmer has 5 years to bleed their support away and all the pro-Gaza lot will be irrelevant next election too.
all the young people, students etc. who rallied this time around will be working, paying taxes and have different priorities.

Well aren't they still paying them off or suffering from the debt? A lot of young support of Gaza was just right-on, fashionable campus politics that won't be a factor in the next election.
We get it, you don't care, but this need to vulgarly belittle any and all objections, over and over again across multiple threads is quite fecking weird.

Absolutely not. If England win it will be in spite of him; hence the comparison.

Not that I think they will, mind.
Ah you see, I think leadership usually matters so credit is due. (I don't think we will win it either, but we have a shot).

A lot of Reform's best results are in deprived, largely ignored ex-fishing towns on the east coast and other assorted post-industrial wastelands. There seems to be a large and growing working class element to their support.
Cheers. Definitely a interesting development. Need to see the generational breakdown. If Reform have any young people(Anyone under 50) then it might worrying for the future. The polls leading up and during to the election showed a older voting base - 60 years or older.

It’s a strange party as they had policies like removing student debt for anyone working in the NHS after 5 years but then housing policy which was pretty much landlords getting to legal eat their tenants.

Cheers. Definitely a interesting development. Need to see the generational breakdown. If Reform have any young people(Anyone under 50) then it might worrying for the future. The polls leading up and during to the election showed a older voting base - 60 years or older.

It’s a strange party as they had policies like removing student debt for anyone working in the NHS after 5 years but then housing policy which was pretty much landlords getting to legal eat their tenants.

I mean, it's not as if anybody voting for them knows/cares what any of their policies are beyond kicking the forrins out.

I mean, it's not as if anybody voting for them knows/cares what any of their policies are beyond kicking the forrins out.
True. It’s very much a BNP vibes party.

But voting on vibes can be said for the other parties as well. Even the most pro Labour people where admitting to voting with the hopes of Starmer acting as a better manager than any actual positive change. The Tory was a salvage job and hoping to hang on to as many seats as possible. The Green vote was about promoting a progressive message and the workers party was about Gaza.

Really strange election imo.

Unfortunately my constituency remains tory and very concerning that reform got over 11,000 votes as well.

Longer, but I have a feeling we are going to see a serious effort now.

Not to be pedantic but what is longer than well over 50 years :lol: any higher number still meets the criteria
EDIT: The nut jobs in Isreali government are not going to let it happen anyway

We’re going to have Farage on ours screens every week now right? Great start to his first press conference

A nauseating article on Farage on BBC News website yet nothing on Greens or Lib Dem’s. Fecking pathetic.

Its pathetic that he is getting more air time than Ed Davey for sure

The media is going overboard with the reform hype but it's all about ratings and drama at the end of the day isn't it.

Its pathetic that he is getting more air time than Ed Davey for sure
It helps that the media and capitalist class don't mind a bit of fascism, it remains a nice stick to beat the plebs with should we step out of the neolib line.

The Tories wearing red won, it's news.
Tories are the equivalent of trump?
Ask us in 5 years time…
Good - The Tories are out and humiliated. Bad - Turnout was a record low, the winning party only got 34% of the vote (so 1 in 5 of actual voters) and a far right populist party got 15%.
Yikes. People just get tired but you can't see a difference if you're not willing to help make a difference.

Yikes. People just get tired but you can't see a difference if you're not willing to help make a difference.

Politicians and parties need to offer the difference first to be perfectly honest

Nahh, nobody is as bad as trump. Both parties are to the right of Biden but to the left of Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.