• UK resident but not voting

Votes: 18 6.6%
  • Spoiled my ballot

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all. Glad to see Rees Mogg gone amongst others but the Reform+Tory voting totals are concerning for 2029. You’d hope the low turnout could be inferred that a lot stayed at home because it was a predominantly right wing election… right? :o

From the BBC … wow …
Seats the Conservatives have lost tonight are ones the party has not lost in any post-war British election and include:

• Aldershot - Conservative since 1918
  • Altringham - 1924
  • Chichester - 1924
  • Dorking - 1885
  • Tunbridge Wells - 1931

Morning all. Glad to see Rees Mogg gone amongst others but the Reform+Tory voting totals are concerning for 2029. You’d hope the low turnout could be inferred that a lot stayed at home because it was a predominantly right wing election… right? :o

country’s fecked until the younger generations mobilise and start rioting and demanding change. it’s too easy for the daily mail and gb news to target dorris and her prejudices. they’ve grown up with gammon looking white men telling them what to do. they don’t know any different.

The one hope I have in all this is that people in Clacton will see Farage for exactly who he is, I very much doubt he'll be seen in Clacton all that very much and on top of that he won't do all that much for them also

People are scared of the Reform vote but I think it might be the best thing to happen to British politics in ages. All they are going to do is split the vote on the right. Most of their voters are going to come from the Conservative Party. Not from Labour or the Lib Dems. Reform leeching so many right wing votes surely gives Labour an easier path to victory moving forwards.

The BBC is predicting that the turnout will be 60% across the UK as a whole.

This will be the second lowest turnout in a UK election since 1885. Only the 59% in 2001 was lower.

People are scared of the Reform vote but I think it might be the best thing to happen to British politics in ages. All they are going to do is split the vote on the right. Most of their voters are going to come from the Conservative Party. Not from Labour or the Lib Dems. Reform leeching so many right wing votes surely gives Labour an easier path to victory moving forwards.
Reform are a protest party though and the right are pragmatic. They will work out how to combine the two to gain power next election. Especially as a Labour government that has promised to do nothing will increase voter apathy next election.

The BBC is predicting that the turnout will be 60% across the UK as a whole.

This will be the second lowest turnout in a UK election since 1885. Only the 59% in 2001 was lower.
Staggering that after 14 years of shit people still don’t vote

starmer will turn up to parliament riding a skateboard and wearing board shorts. this will appeal to the youngsters, and bump up their engagement.

You should try offering them something.

what do they want? you’re never going to find a party or candidate that represents you entirely. you
will have to compromise and find a best fit. at least if everyone voted, we’d have a better idea if the country actually wants small boats out, or if green initiatives are more important.

Amazing, isn't it. My mum was complaining about how shite the Tories were yday afternoon. I asked if she had voted yet, she said she wasn't going to because she had a headache. She lives less than 2 minutes walk from the polling station ffs.

Amazing, isn't it. My mum was complaining about how shite the Tories were yday afternoon. I asked if she had voted yet, she said she wasn't going to because she had a headache. She lives less than 2 minutes walk from the polling station ffs.

“they’re all the same anyway.”

Status
Not open for further replies.