• UK resident but not voting

Votes: 18 6.6%
  • Spoiled my ballot

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
England is always gonna go conservative, even when conservatives loses.

Is anybody surprised that brexit-people are still voting in big numbers?

It is staggering how the Brexit crowd have been so easily hoodwinked, by the same clowns so quickly. Are we statistically one of the thickest countries in the world? I always mock America's education system, but nights like this are quite humbling.

To what extent can one blame the current Labour leadership for going down the center-right path, if the population at large, particulary in England, is just conservative?

They tried running somebody on the left a few years ago, and got demolished.

To what extent can one blame the current Labour leadership for going down the center-right path, if the population at large, particulary in England, is just conservative?

oh no, now you've gone and done it. That weirdo will come in with his binders of tweets about how Starmer is shit and Jezza is the messiah

It is staggering how the Brexit crowd have been so easily hoodwinked, by the same clowns so quickly. Are we statistically one of the thickest countries in the world? I always mock America's education system, but nights like this are quite humbling.

Brexit was more of a con to be fair. Reform has got these votes based of the Tories failing (repeatedly) to solve Reform issues. Labour is unlikely to resolve them either.

We might disagree how important or valid those issues are but it doesn't make them less applicable to Reforms voters.

Have to win the argument or fix the issues. Labour can't do the latter so they'll need to do the former rather than hide.

Look at Nick Robinson in his element, giddy on wine. Looks like he’s splashed aftershave on and discovered PUA books. Off putting.

There's two answers for this

There was a 40% vote for a solid left-wing manifesto and campaign in 2017- that potential is still there. If you transplant it into today's results, it's a substantially bigger landslide.

But would Corbyn, or anyone else sincerely campaigning on that platform, win this time, especially with these numbers? I don't think so, for several reasons.

The Tory downfall initially started in May 2020 when the press broke the lockdown-breaching stories. These stories eventually led to Boris' departure, and then to PM Truss, which left permanent hole in the party, which Sunak only slightly patched up. The role of the press in the Labour polling lead is massive. And I'm 100% absolutely confident that these stories would not have been front-page news if it was a left-wing Labour leader as the alternative. It's the status quo option that gave the press the space to have their fun with the Tories.

Second, based on vote share, Tory+Reform should be over 40%, while Labour are under it. In 2019, Farage stood down his candidates tactically to help the Tories. The Lib Dems did not. I believe Farage - with his class background - would do it again this time, if the alternative was a left-wing leader. So with a unified right, that 40% left Labour vote (the best case) still gets a tiny majority or hung parliament, not much more.

18% of the leave seats tory vote has gone straight to Reform. fecking bonkers.
Protest vote. True tories never going to vote Labour but they want to send a message that they are unhappy with the debacle under May/Johnson/Truss/Sunak. Reform offer a convenient vehicle for that without bolstering a direct rival who might actually win seats.

I'm torn by finding Nadine hilarious and thinking she's just ruining the show.

Serious eye candy though. Yes I said it.

Status
Not open for further replies.