• UK resident but not voting

Votes: 18 6.6%
  • Spoiled my ballot

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
These people always remain quiet and then vote Tory. Fecking selfish pricks who don’t give a shit about the country. If you ask them to explain why it wouldn’t matter. Same as Reform voters.
It's like people have different opinions on things. Weird isn't it. People can vote for who they like. Just because you don't agree with them doesn't make you right.

I guess the first interesting constituency will be Basildon and Billericay (around 12.15). 20k Tory majority - self satisfied Conservative Chair parachuted in at the last minute (Richard Holden). Would be good to see the back of him if at all possible.

I'd still expect that to go Tory given the exit polls, possibly even Reform.

Also Mhairi Black just now on Channel 4 blamed the rain for the poor SNP performance...

The rain? In Scotland? :lol: :lol:
That's a pretty selective representation of what she said.

She said, in order:
i)Desire to get Tories out swinging to Labour
ii)Corruption scandals and in fighting in the SNP
iii) Reduced turn out due to rain (which seems spurious reasoning at best)

She missed a good few reasons, including abject SNP incompetence, but she didn't just blame the rain.

I know a few who would have voted for Tories and I can understand why but what I don't get is the Reform vote, did any of the stupid feckers actually read thier manifesto?

Yeah it sounds good on paper but they were going to meet any of those promises.

I know a few who would have voted for Tories and I can understand why but what I don't get is the Reform vote, did any of the stupid feckers actually read thier manifesto?

I got a leaflet through off Reform the other day, no policies, just stopping the migrant boats. That was it.

I would be surprised at how many voters read the manifesto. It’s all on sound bites hence why Farage pushes immigration. People will vote given their beliefs and if they are racist, they will vote to the closest thing there is.

Also Mhairi Black just now on Channel 4 blamed the rain for the poor SNP performance...

The rain? In Scotland? :lol: :lol:
To be fair it's been rather stormy up here today.

You see, when someone from Scotland talks about rain they mean actual rain, not the soft Southern "oh dear my wimple hath become slightly moist" spitting rain you lot run to hide from.

I'd be shocked if Reform voters can read

What do people think parliament will look like if we do end up with a PR system? A reform like party would probably have a floor of ~10% I imagine.

We'd have to get used to right wing coalitions, as long as the left wing ones (and some weird pan spectrum ones too).

Whatever else, thank feck these twats are finally out. Now let's hope for as many scalps as possible.

It’s purely about immigration. They shout the loudest on that topic and that’s why people vote for them.

it’s a trend all over Europe and the states. Not sure why people are shocked it’s happening here.

Why?

It's like people have different opinions on things. Weird isn't it. People can vote for who they like. Just because you don't agree with them doesn't make you right.
We found one of the caf reform voters.

I would be surprised at how many voters read the manifesto. It’s all on sound bites hence why Farage pushes immigration. People will vote given their beliefs and if they are racist, they will vote to the closest thing there is.
People very rarely read the manifestos. FFS, 85% of Green voters didn’t know who is that guy when shown a picture of Green co-leader. Hard to believe that they read the Green manifesto, instead care about global warming and vote Green.

Similarly, I think lots of people who are struggling look someone to blame, and like all demagogues, Reform gave a clear problem and a clear solution (despite that both are mostly nonsense). Then shout it for a year and make people single-issue voters. It also helped them that no party actually offered a real plan to actually solve this problem (which rightly or wrongly, it is important to many people).

What do people think parliament will look like if we do end up with a PR system? A reform like party would probably have a floor of ~10% I imagine.

We'd have to get used to right wing coalitions, as long as the left wing ones (and some weird pan spectrum ones too).

Whatever else, thank feck these twats are finally out. Now let's hope for as many scalps as possible.
The UK is always more than 50% left of centre, there are just too many parties on that side of the vote.

Penny Mordaunt
Jeremy Hunt
Cleverely
Baedenoch
Shapps

are predicted to loose their seats.

I didn’t vote for them, but everyone is entitled to believing who they want to believe. I disagree in the idea of hurling abuse at people who believe in a manifesto. At the end of the day, it’s the future plan you vote for - not what they’ve done.
How do you hold politicians to account then? They can basically do what they want whilst in power and then just put forward a really hopeful manifesto and it's ok to vote for them?

Nah, I'm sorry but I think it's perfectly acceptable to hurl abuse at anyone who has watched what the Tories have done to this country for the last 14 years and still voted for them.

People very rarely read the manifestos. FFS, 85% of Green voters didn’t know who is that guy when shown a picture of Green co-leader. Hard to believe that they read the Green manifesto, instead care about global warming and vote Green.

Similarly, I think lots of people who are struggling look someone to blame, and like all demagogues, Reform gave a clear problem and a clear solution (despite that both are mostly nonsense). Then shout it for a year and make people single-issue voters. It also helped them that no party actually offered a real plan to actually solve this problem (which rightly or wrongly, it is important to many people).

I agree with you. I thought Labour did offer something of a solution but Farage shouted the loudest and he blamed migrants for all of the country’s woes which Reform voters wanted to do as well for the problems in their own lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.