Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still hope Reform can win less. :devil:

Professor Sir John Curtice
BBC polling expert
It looks as though Reform may win more seats than many polls suggested.
This is largely because, not only has the Conservative vote fallen far in seats they previously held, but also because Reform has advanced most in areas people voted Leave in the 2016 EU referendum.
However, how many seats Reform will win is highly uncertain – our model suggests there are many places where they have some - but a relatively low - chance of winning.

Fecking thick moronic Leave voters still believing in unicorns. I hope they win less seats and get themselves in trouble when they are in office.

I guess the first interesting constituency will be Basildon and Billericay (around 12.15). 20k Tory majority - self satisfied Conservative Chair parachuted in at the last minute (Richard Holden). Would be good to see the back of him if at all possible.

To think people still voted conservative after everything. The scandals, the corruption, the crime.

In this country, there is absolutely no reaching some people and you understand that it's a cult of the miserable selfish morons who just hate anyone not living in a ditch.

I didn’t vote for them, but everyone is entitled to believing who they want to believe. I disagree in the idea of hurling abuse at people who believe in a manifesto. At the end of the day, it’s the future plan you vote for - not what they’ve done.

To think people still voted conservative after everything. The scandals, the corruption, the crime.

In this country, there is absolutely no reaching some people and you understand that it's a cult of the miserable selfish morons who just hate anyone not living in a ditch.

These people always remain quiet and then vote Tory. Fecking selfish pricks who don’t give a shit about the country. If you ask them to explain why it wouldn’t matter. Same as Reform voters.

This isn't 1997. There's no hope or anticipation. It's more anxiety and trepidation. Starmer has a lot of work to do.
Yep, it’s a note of caution - Labour has essentially one term to get it right. They have one term to make a real visible difference to peoples lives across a whole range of metrics, and they have to do so with all the cards stacked against them. Fail...and by the time the next election comes around you might see an entirely different political landscape!

I guess the first interesting constituency will be Basildon and Billericay (around 12.15). 20k Tory majority - self satisfied Conservative Chair parachuted in at the last minute (Richard Holden). Would be good to see the back of him if at all possible.

The Tories want to see the back of him as well. They hate him more than Sunak.

It's pathetic there is an actual race to be first to announce.

Was just thinking the same, watching a chunky lad in a white t-shirt leg it across the floor with a ballot box in Sunderland. He'll be knackered in a bit and they don't get anything out of being first. Could lead to innacurate counting if the counters are rushing too.

You’re underestimating first past the post. Over the next 5 years the Tories will work out what they need to do to get votes back from Reform and that means shifting right, then that Labour majority disappears. Starmer is set to get about to get 63% of the seats with about 40-44% of the vote.
I don't think it's that simple - if they move right they'll lose votes in the centre who have still stuck with them. Would expect that strategy likely backfires.

The worry is if we don't get any improvement in economic growth, Starmer becomes unpopular and the Tories tack to the right. There will be so little enthusiasm for anything that you can see the Farage-ists getting incredibly popular then...

Was just thinking the same, watching a chunky lad in a white t-shirt leg it across the floor with a ballot box in Sunderland. They don't get anything out of it. Could lead to innacurate counting if the counters are rushing too.

Yeah that's what I was watching, fecking stupid.

Apparantly there had to be recounts last time because of it too.

You’re underestimating first past the post. Over the next 5 years the Tories will work out what they need to do to get votes back from Reform and that means shifting right, then that Labour majority disappears. Starmer is set to get about to get 63% of the seats with about 40-44% of the vote.
First, we can enjoy the tonight results.

Second, when the UK switches this much, it stays that way for a while. People were tired of Thatcher, so Blair won 3 elections. Then because of the Iraq war (and despite the quite good economy that left Blair), Tories won 3 elections. I think that unless Starmer really is bad, Tories will be in opposition for a while. And there is no excuse for not doing at least ok with this majority they have.

Third, if Farage takes control of Tories, that is ok. Except people in the alt-right, no one likes him. I think he is completely unelectable and him getting control of Tories will only ensure that Labour wins again. Tories are probably as right as they have been since Thatcher and they just got demolished. Going further right with just demagogic policies that everyone who is not far right realizes are full of shit won’t win elections (unless the other party really screws even more).

All Labour has to do is be competent, revive the economy (inflation is already under control), end the austerity measures, and essentially not be the Tories and they will enjoy a decade in government.

Also, in case I forgot, feck the Tories.

Status
Not open for further replies.