• UK resident but not voting

Votes: 18 6.6%
  • Spoiled my ballot

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rishi will resign in the morning most likely, could he challenge straight away?

Nah Reform seats will probably go down to the wire, possible recounts. But if the nutters in the tories are now the majority, and they want him, they'll wait to see the final numbers and possibly allow a sacrificial lamb to lead for awhile.

Fecking Farage and 30p Lee will win their seats. Hoping Farage fecks himself over with governance or transparency issues. Fecking racist Reform pieces of shit. He will try to get into the Tories to have a run at being PM by the next election.

This isn't 1997. There's no hope or anticipation. It's more anxiety and trepidation. Starmer has a lot of work to do.

What i'm hoping is that "shy tories" lied on the way out and said they voted reform, but voted tory/labour.

Sky News set looks pretty good I think

Got to say, I am quite disappointed at the amount of Tory seats. I was hoping under 100

I honestly think it is far more worrying that they seem to have gotten the third number of votes, probably 15%, rather than winning 13 seats. That’s what, 2% of the seats so completely irrelevant.
You’re underestimating first past the post. Over the next 5 years the Tories will work out what they need to do to get votes back from Reform and that means shifting right, then that Labour majority disappears. Starmer is set to get about to get 63% of the seats with about 40-44% of the vote.

What i'm hoping is that "shy tories" lied on the way out and said they voted reform, but voted tory/labour.

I think most exit polls are confidential, just like the actual vote.

Is it right Ed Conway said Labour's vote share is less than 2019?

can't possibly win 400 seats on 30% votes! maybe 2017? the polling has settled somewhere a fraction below the 2019 numbers.

You’re underestimating first past the post. Over the next 5 years the Tories will work out what they need to do to get votes back from Reform and that means shifting right, then that Labour majority disappears. Starmer is set to get about to get 63% of the seats with about 40-44% of the vote.

We can still enjoy tonight though.

This Buckland on Sky News looks like he's spent the last two weeks wandering around the Tenerife wilderness looking for Jay Slater given how red he is.

Still hope Reform can win less. :devil:

Professor Sir John Curtice
BBC polling expert
It looks as though Reform may win more seats than many polls suggested.
This is largely because, not only has the Conservative vote fallen far in seats they previously held, but also because Reform has advanced most in areas people voted Leave in the 2016 EU referendum.
However, how many seats Reform will win is highly uncertain – our model suggests there are many places where they have some - but a relatively low - chance of winning.

Wonder what the turnout has been? I voted very early and there were a number of people ahead of me. Someone else at a different polling station said it was busy there.

This isn't 1997. There's no hope or anticipation. It's more anxiety and trepidation. Starmer has a lot of work to do.
He has such an overwhelming majority that should make his job easy. Even if there are massive rebellions on his own party, he still should have enough MPs to push forward his policies.

If he fails, it is his fault. And to be fair, he will get compared to Tories of the last 15 years so anything short of being shit will look good in comparison.

When the UK switches, they switch for a long time (Thatcher, Blair, Tories all ruled for over a decade).

Is it right Ed Conway said Labour's vote share is less than 2019?
No. 2017 is possible, though it's a misleading statistic, given the historic weakness of the smaller parties in that election. If it's even close, that's going to be a line you hear a lot, but I don't think it means much.

10 SNP seats means that the UK will have to suffer the Scots for the foreseeable. feck sake.

Only positive to the amount of Tory seats is that kier has to look at that and think, shouldn't haven't been that high, what did I do wrong.

To think people still voted conservative after everything. The scandals, the corruption, the crime.

In this country, there is absolutely no reaching some people and you understand that it's a cult of the miserable selfish morons who just hate anyone not living in a ditch.

Also Mhairi Black just now on Channel 4 blamed the rain for the poor SNP performance...

The rain? In Scotland? :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.