• UK resident but not voting

Votes: 18 6.6%
  • Spoiled my ballot

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully no more than a handful of seats, so they have bugger all power but just enough rope to hang themselves with courtesy of their natural instinct to get in front of a camera and say racist things.

I wouldn't want Farage having Parliamentary Privilege.

If they are living here and on the vote register they can vote in an election. You can't just turn up to the country for a weeks holiday and vote.
Do the gammons know this? I'm actually sort of surprised scum like Farage aren't onto it.

Hopefully no more than a handful of seats, so they have bugger all power but just enough rope to hang themselves with courtesy of their natural instinct to get in front of a camera and say racist things.

I'm quietly dreading that this is exactly what's going to happen, except the public is going to like what they have to say.

starmer’s trousers to fall down in the speech where he declares victory.
"Oh dear! My trousers have fallen down! And now my pants have fallen down too! Rachel! Would you mind helping me pull them back up!"

"Oh no! I've fallen down to my knees! In front of the King, no less!"

"Bumbly bumbly my silken garments have plummeted bumbly bumbly frightfully terrible bumbly kingly king."

"Before we begin, dear viewers, we need to talk about immigration..."

---

Be right back, @Sweet Square and I have a questionable movie to write. It'll be called Keir Fecks Everything In Sight.

;) No, surely Paul, nothing can be that bad, you have been telling us for ages, Brexit is the abyss the end of the world (trading world that is!), now you are saying there is something worse than the abyss it's called FREE PORT ! :lol:

There's always something worse; How far can down can they scrape the barrel.
Because you have no idea how bad this will be. Starmer has no idea either. Thought he would cancel this but no. His message to Rishi as he takes over will be, "Don't worry, Rishi, I'll keep my finger firmly on the self-destruct button until the Tories return in five years time!

I wouldn't want Farage having Parliamentary Privilege.

He will be seeking it everyday I suspect (when he turns up).

TV Political news editors etc. rubbing their hands with delight no doubt, they will on first every night that Farage is on his feet in the commons (especially from GB News).

There's always something worse; How far can down can they scrape the barrel.
Because you have no idea how bad this will be. Starmer has no idea either. Thought he would cancel this but no. His message to Rishi as he takes over will be, "Don't worry, Rishi, I'll keep my finger firmly on the self-destruct button until the Tories return in five years time!

:lol::lol: Take another look in that crystal ball of yours Paul, better still send it to Starmer as a present.

*(Will you be staying up for the results tonight? (or are they not of sufficient interest to the French News channels)?

If you are from a commonwealth country you are eligible to vote.
You have to be a qualifying commonwealth citizen, that's a someone from a British Crown dependency or British overseas territory who has leave to enter or remain in the UK, or who doesn't require that leave.

Being from a commonwealth country doesn't give you the right to vote in the UK.

So I have a bit of the ITK. Well he's definitely ITK but he dare not tell me anything of grave importance. He did say though that people, including rishi, thinks there's a good chance he's lost his seat. Hunt too.

Penny mourdant was on the list but they think there's a good chance she'll be safe now. Also thinks she's the next Tory leader.

And one of the big names stepping down is scared something about them is about to come out, is the reason they're stepping down.

Just discovered you can use an out of date passport so long as the photo is recognisable

So I have a bit of the ITK. Well he's definitely ITK but he dare not tell me anything of grave importance. He did say though that people, including rishi, thinks there's a good chance he's lost his seat. Hunt too.

Penny mourdant was on the list but they think there's a good chance she'll be safe now. Also thinks she's the next Tory leader.

And one of the big names stepping down is scared something about them is about to come out, is the reason they're stepping down.
Is your ITK a guy from the Jamaican delegation?

How the feck can you be “ITK” about an election that has 6 hours to run?

Mordaunt and Hunt will lose their seats according to the MRP polls Labour have a 70% chance of winning Portsmouth North and the Lib Dems have a 82% chance of winning Farnham, Sunak is unlikely to lose his but you can always hope!

:lol::lol: Take another look in that crystal ball of yours Paul, better still send it to Starmer as a present.

*(Will you be staying up for the results tonight? (or are they not of sufficient interest to the French News channels)?

It's not a question of a crystal ball, I wish he'd take that course I mentioned before. Maybe I could send him a book as a present. "The Idiot's guide to international trade."

The world can see what's going on in the UK at any time of day but no I won't stay up. We all knew the result months ago, just a question of the numbers of seats.

A lot of voter intention data is known to candidates and staff from pre-election canvassing so I'm not surprised that there is some panic where the numbers aren't looking good. They must have recorded a lot of constituents telling them how much they fecking hate the tories.

How the feck can you be “ITK” about an election that has 6 hours to run?
For one, take a look at @Grinner post

For two, he's very high up at one of the biggest news companies in the UK. He's literally in the know :lol:

Mordaunt and Hunt will lose their seats according to the MRP polls Labour have a 70% chance of winning Portsmouth North and the Lib Dems have a 82% chance of winning Farnham, Sunak is unlikely to lose his but you can always hope!

MRP has Reform on 18 seats.

Sorry but the only political semi-ITK on this forum is me

For two, he's very high up at one of the biggest news companies in the UK. He's literally in the know :lol:
Unless he's a time traveller or can read the minds and intentions of 50 million people, he knows as much as the rest of us. We only have polling data to go by, until 10pm everything is an educated guess at best.

Unless he's a time traveller or can read the minds and intentions of 50 million people, he knows as much as the rest of us. We only have polling data to go by, until 10pm everything is an educated guess at best.

Psephologists disagree.

Am I reading it correctly that JRM is projected to lose his seat? I'll wank myself silly if that actually transpired. Would probably dehydrate myself if Suella, Patel and Gove are also toppled.

It will be an educated guess but there are clearly people with access to much more data than us when making their guesses.

There’s no secret polling data that is somehow higher quality or more accurate than the various ones from the big opinion data companies like YouGov and Survation that are published on a daily basis.

Campaigners visiting constituents is anecdotal and nothing more.

Psephologists disagree.
Of course they do, it’s their job to claim otherwise and every election every single one of them are proven wrong to a degree.

Psephologists disagree.
Granted there are those much smarter than us using complex quantitative models with some degree of real time data, but at their very core they're still (very) educated guesses. It's a little mad to call yourself ITK regarding an active ongoing election. Exit polls are pretty much the closest thing we get to surefire projections.

Seeing as there's lots of rumours in the public doman on Gove, is that in regards to Redwood who also chickened out of fighting his seat?

I’m removed myself from the political circus news stream this past 6 months or so outside the odd bit here or there. Are we still looking likely for a Labour landslide here?

Luckily local liberal lecturers label Labour landslide looking likely.

I'm quietly dreading that this is exactly what's going to happen, except the public is going to like what they have to say.
I like what my local reform candidate has to say, especially the stuff about lizard people and the rothchilds

MRP has Reform on 18 seats.
Which one are you looking at? MRP is a type of polling rather than a polling company, I was looking at electoral calculus, they predict 7 for Reform, which is still 7 too many.

Granted there are those much smarter than us using complex quantitative models with some degree of real time data, but at their very core they're still (very) educated guesses. It's a little mad to call yourself ITK regarding an active ongoing election. Exit polls are pretty much the closest thing we get to surefire projections.

Luckily we'll get to see later. Fingers crossed that they are correct.

I can't help wonder how many potential reform voters will switch back to the tories at the last minute given the mask slip moments for reform in recent days. It wouldn't take a huge percentage for the tories to end up with a lot more seats than predicted.

Still, hoping for some big tory scalps tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.