Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I'd be firing the lawyers that negotiated the contract to defer over ten million in wages but who also agreed those deferred wages would be waived if I left the club, even if the club forced me out.

I'm no HR legal whizz, but that'd seem pretty basic to me.

@Brophs, any opinion?

Was the wage deferral in the original contract itself or was it applied across the board to the players due to Covid? Massive difference, no?

Personally I'd be firing the lawyers that negotiated the contract to defer over ten million in wages but who also agreed those deferred wages would be waived if I left the club, even if the club forced me out.

I'm no HR legal whizz, but that'd seem pretty basic to me.

@Brophs, any opinion?

What if the renegotiated contracted is actually worded heavily in favour of FDJ, especially in the event that Barca instigate his sale before the deferred wages are paid? What if it says Barca must pay every euro of earned salary that has been tacked onto future earnings if the club sell him? Maybe FDJ's camp have actually been incredibly smart in the renegotiation and have Barca over a barrel... something like that would explain FDJ maintaining he doesn't want to leave, even if in reality he is open to, or even actively wants the move. It would explain Barca's DoF broadly saying they need to sell big players because of FFP whilst talking about FDJ, then being publicly corrected by Laporta who keeps pushing the 'no need to sell' line. It would explain United sitting quietly in the wings and just waiting for them to sort out their mess.

It could be that any severance payment made to FDJ counts as salary on Barca's books and given how precarious their wage bill is supposed to be, maybe this really fecks up their accounts somewhere. If they can't afford to pay his salary and can't afford to pay his severance on the stated terms without breaching either a football or financial law, that would also explain everyone's current stance.

There are so many possibilities and so little actual information to go on but I still think it would surely be unlikely that an agent or lawyer at this level of football could be so negligent as to let his client sign such a weak contract.

Was the wage deferral in the original contract itself or was it applied across the board to the players due to Covid? Massive difference, no?

COVID. Whole team did it.I don’t think FDJ is top 5 in wages owed. I know Pique is like 30 or 40.

What if the renegotiated contracted is actually worded heavily in favour of FDJ, especially in the event that Barca instigate his sale before the deferred wages are paid? What if it says Barca must pay every euro of earned salary that has been tacked onto future earnings if the club sell him? Maybe FDJ's camp have actually been incredibly smart in the renegotiation and have Barca over a barrel... something like that would explain FDJ maintaining he doesn't want to leave, even if in reality he is open to, or even actively wants the move. It would explain Barca's DoF broadly saying they need to sell big players because of FFP whilst talking about FDJ, then being publicly corrected by Laporta who keeps pushing the 'no need to sell' line. It would explain United sitting quietly in the wings and just waiting for them to sort out their mess.

It could be that any severance payment made to FDJ counts as salary on Barca's books and given how precarious their wage bill is supposed to be, maybe this really fecks up their accounts somewhere. If they can't afford to pay his salary and can't afford to pay his severance on the stated terms without breaching either a football or financial law, that would also explain everyone's current stance.

There are so many possibilities and so little actual information to go on but I still think it would surely be unlikely that an agent or lawyer at this level of football could be so negligent as to let his client sign such a weak contract.
Then maybe they bring him on tour to the states, murder him and cover it up as looking like a case of deep vein thrombosis?

Not saying that's the plan, but if it happens questions will need to be asked.

Then maybe they bring him on tour to the states, murder him and cover it up as looking like a case of deep vein thrombosis?

Or as Laporta calls it The Liquidation Lever.

Woah... There is an insurance scam in there somewhere too. They could profit massiv...

Actually, we shouldn't be giving them ideas.

Game over for Frenkie. Kessie has hit the ground running.

The genius in Laporta isn't his financial creativity -- but how he still manages to get players to jump on board despite the financial clusterfeck that is Barca. You have to admire that in the man or does he target financially naive dumb players & agents?
But regardless, they have an amazing squad of players.

Subbed in at the second half. Probably not coming and what could change his mind at this point. Close thread.
He's being forced to play CB to accommodate others. Laporta is sending a message.

This is just the beginning.

Yeah but its ball-boy for his childhood favorite team

On a deferred stipend agreement no less.

2p for the first 30 balls he picks up per match. Then it's 1000quid for any balls after that.

And FYI Frenkie, Auba is also volunteering to be the next ball boy.

why the fuk is life so hard for us to sign a top target when Munich can go start a talk and within a few days sort out a fee with Juve for deLigt?? 67m for him is a decent fee considering his age and experience

meanwhile we continue to age page after page of the same rhetoric....blah blah blah
They have Champions League football, we got Europa football.

why the fuk is life so hard for us to sign a top target when Munich can go start a talk and within a few days sort out a fee with Juve for deLigt?? 67m for him is a decent fee considering his age and experience

meanwhile we continue to age page after page of the same rhetoric....blah blah blah

We're not top dogs in our league, let alone Europe anymore.

because the ones available are barely better than Fred for the money in EtH eyes.

I don’t see how Barca are dictating any terms to us. We have put an offer in, they accepted. We have otherwise had nothing else to do with theproblem??

I think I have probably played with one or two lads that are better than Fred so I'm not having that there's nobody better than him available! :D

The problem is, Barcelona have an agreement with the bloke that they are refusing to honour. Regardless of whether FDJ leaves or not, pay the man his money! Imagine you agreed to defer wages during lockdown to help your company out and then they tried to get away with not paying you back afterwards, despite throwing cash around at other employees.

This has been done for a month. Utd are only waiting for the optimal time to announce it for stock market reasons.

This has been done for a month. Utd are only waiting for the optimal time to announce it for stock market reasons.
A month? This was done he signed to defer his wages. It was written in the contract that he would be sold to us before his higher wage kicked in.

Nothing will happen either way unless the caf muppets get to 1000 pages.

I don't think we need another left centre-back after spending 55m on Martinez.

If Barca are serious about the transfer, they wouldn't have risked playing him. Come back next window, muppets.

So basically Chelsea will submit an offer of he says yes to us?

Status
Not open for further replies.