Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that they are a joke and an unreliable sports news outlet, but it is also interesting to see that Marca trying to ruin the narrative Sport is trying to create.
Thats very true actually.

I do wonder if Sport are saying what Barca want people to hear - de Jong wants to stay, he hates United both on a sporting level and personal level.

They've built this image up that he wants to stay at Barca, he has no intention of joining United as it doesn't interest him at all. The idea repulses him even. Then when he finally does leave, they can say he hates United, but Barca asked him to take a pay cut to help out with the wage structure, he refused, United offered him big money so he went there despite hating it. Painting the picture that he's a money hungry mercenary who cares more for the £££ than the club he loves. Basically leaving Barca heartbroken and confused as to why a player who loves them would treat them so badly.

Yes it's conspiricy stuff... but it's early morning and it's Sport, so anything is possible

Personally I'd be firing the lawyers that negotiated the contract to defer over ten million in wages but who also agreed those deferred wages would be waived if I left the club, even if the club forced me out.

I'm no HR legal whizz, but that'd seem pretty basic to me.

@Brophs, any opinion?
Yup. Foreigners should all go home and Glenn Hoddle was onto something with his comments.

Thats very true actually.

I do wonder if Sport are saying what Barca want people to hear - de Jong wants to stay, he hates United both on a sporting level and personal level.

They've built this image up that he wants to stay at Barca, he has no intention of joining United as it doesn't interest him at all. The idea repulses him even. Then when he finally does leave, they can say he hates United, but Barca asked him to take a pay cut to help out with the wage structure, he refused, United offered him big money so he went there despite hating it. Painting the picture that he's a money hungry mercenary who cares more for the £££ than the club he loves. Basically leaving Barca heartbroken and confused as to why a player who loves them would treat them so badly.

Yes it's conspiricy stuff... but it's early morning and it's Sport, so anything is possible

Who knows, that might be true (in the sense that Barca will paint a picture making De Jong look bad).

As long as De Jong remains quite, and United remain quite and relaxed about the matter, not much info/updates will come out.

It's amazing how quiet UEFA are in all of this yet had it been an English team, I'm sure you would have heard them pipe up. Under the English league Barcelona would have been in administration by now with their financial issues.

La Liga have issued complaints about PSG and City. Strangely quiet on Barcelona

But the report said that Barca think he might change his mind and decide to go. Not that Barca might give him his money. It seems they have no intention of doing that.
Would anyone forego $17m?! I find that hard to believe to be honest. Maybe he's happy to wait a year or two, collect part of what he's owed and reassess down the line. He's in a pretty strong position.

We must be 100% confident that we’ll get him eventually. We’d of moved on by now if he told the club he didn’t want to join, we’re leaving it late to bring in a midfielder.

So Barcelona, a bankrupt club have signed;

Kessie, Christiansen, Alonso, Cesar Azpil, Lewandowski, Raphinha.

Now they are exploring signing Kounde and B.Silva.

Handed new contracts to Dembele.

AND haven't sold anyone.

Seems legit.

Makes even more sense when you read that they can't register any of those players yet either, because of the wage limits set due to "financial fair play".

It seems like nobody wants to leave because they are owed money. Pique is seemingly owed 42m, not like he'd leave anyway. Supposedly they also have about 130m in oustanding transfer fees owed to a host of clubs, which is said to include about 30m to Liverpool for Coutinho and money to Dortmund for Dembele.

Hate how Chelsea always struck deals quickly, in few days practically, yet we always dilly dally over our deals and end up empty handed.
I mean it's going to be difficult for them to sign a player that they've not even bid for and by all account aren't going to bid for...

Plus even if they did, they'd be in the same situation as us, with the wage issue

Makes even more sense when you read that they can't register any of those players yet either, because of the wage limits set due to "financial fair play".

It seems like nobody wants to leave because they are owed money. Pique is seemingly owed 42m, not like he'd leave anyway. Supposedly they also have about 130m in oustanding transfer fees owed to a host of clubs, which is said to include about 30m to Liverpool for Coutinho and money to Dortmund for Dembele.
It's just insane how they're allowed to operate like that. It seems like they're just immune from anything and it doesn't matter how much into debt they go, they just continue doing what they do, issue free.
If i was any of the clubs or players who are owed money, i'd be furious at the fact that they're signing new players whilst not paying out on outstanding debts and agreements.

It's just crazy how they manage to get away with it.
Mes que un club??
Mess of a cub more like it!

But the report said that Barca think he might change his mind and decide to go. Not that Barca might give him his money. It seems they have no intention of doing that.

And he might after playing a few more times in defence and eating bench, decide that a 8.5m payoff (rather than 17), the extra United agreed, is fine, and that it’s just not worth staying.
So ”change his mind” could mean many things.

AND haven't sold anyone.

Seems legit.
I'm a nutshell :lol:

Having seen him playing for Barca this morning, it’s safe to assume he’s not joining us. He will negotiate a lower pay deal and stay. We know Barca are a special club for many players and clearly is for FDJ. Good luck to him.
United really need to look elsewhere or just accept we won’t be buying a CM this window.

It's just insane how they're allowed to operate like that. It seems like they're just immune from anything and it doesn't matter how much into debt they go, they just continue doing what they do, issue free.
If i was any of the clubs or players who are owed money, i'd be furious at the fact that they're signing new players whilst not paying out on outstanding debts and agreements.

It's just crazy how they manage to get away with it.
Mes que un club??
Mess of a cub more like it!

If i was any other club in their league I'd be furious. Being able to take the piss that much with the governing bodies not giving a crap doesn't give off the impression it's a fair league. We know that's always been the case but really...

If the same thing happened in the UK I'm sure there would be questions in the commons.

Having seen him playing for Barca this morning, it’s safe to assume he’s not joining us. He will negotiate a lower pay deal and stay. We know Barca are a special club for many players and clearly is for FDJ. Good luck to him.
United really need to look elsewhere or just accept we won’t be buying a CM this window.
You think he's going to give up more wages? Thats been ruled out several times, he doesn't want to negotiate his wage anymore.
If he stays, it'll be on his current contract, he'll stay and make them honour it whether they like it or not. Barca can't allow that to happen in all honesty, so they're going to try and push him out however they legally can

I mean it's going to be difficult for them to sign a player that they've not even bid for and by all account aren't going to bid for...

Plus even if they did, they'd be in the same situation as us, with the wage issue
They sign players even without bidding.

The worrying thing for me is that all other rumours have gone very quiet as well. Obviously we need FDJ but we badly need at least one other forward but ideally 2 bearing in mind we lost Cavani, Greenwood and potentially Ronaldo. I think it is great if Rashy and Marital find their mojo again but we can't rely on them for the entire season.

Yeah his fiancee sure is happy her soon to be husband is getting rinsed and kicked out the door by Barca.

If we're willing to do that and we're not allowed, then surely we'd just increase the transfer fee by 17m or however much he's owed and Barca can pay him?
we’ve already agreed an extra 10m upfront, presumably to help Barca to pay him - giving Barca anymore at this point would be akin to handing 20quid to a drug addled tramp outside bargain booze and expecting him to use the money to help himself make his life better. Barca cannot be trusted.

• So Bayern's renewal offer was €12m p.a for 2 years = €24m total
  • Barça's offer supposedly is €9m p.a. for 3 years = €27m total, plus one year optional.
According to the rumors, Lewandowski has also agreed to take up a lowered salary during the final two years of his contract. Barcelona will also have an option to terminate his contract in the final two years of his deal by paying a compensation fee. Finally, Barça paid €45+5m to Bayern and €20m in commission to Zahavi.

Seems like everyone got paid except poor old Lewandowski!

If you believe the Barça salary numbers, Lewandowski kicked up a fuss for an extra guaranteed €3m. I think he could have easily achieved that by playing at Munich for 2 years and signing up for another team for in year 3 for €3-4m. It just doesn't add up, but this is Barcelona's MO - a lot of bullshit.

@Lemoor
Barca are, of course, bald faced liars. If Lewandowski joined them it's because they offered more money than us, not less. It's that simple.

And there's nothing wrong with that either. But according to Barca PR, players always take a wage cut to join them, always. Because, let's be honest, the honour of playing for this great club is compensation in itself.
Kind of a difficult narrative to hold on to when your club is on the brink of collapse due to the height of your wage bill, but they're holding on to it no less :lol:

AND haven't sold anyone.

Seems legit.

New lever.
sheets-of-american-money-B87Y1E.jpg

Money printing machine lever

Status
Not open for further replies.