Final | Spain vs England

As a warm up to tomorrow’s game (and probably because they haven’t shown any of the Euros), C4 now showing the full 1966 WC Final, in colour.

The contrast to today is huge… not just the style but the players attitude to tackles, opponents and officials. No screaming and rolling in agony, no pathetic handbags, goalies get on with goal kicks, Hurst just scored Englands third and apart from a couple of German players running to the linesman, very little protesting. Fit bunch too, given heat and pitch. Hope tomorrow is 4-2

Come on the lionssss!! It’s a win-win for me though. Got Spain in a sweepstake so 100 pound if they win.

As a warm up to tomorrow’s game (and probably because they haven’t shown any of the Euros), C4 now showing the full 1966 WC Final, in colour.

The contrast to today is huge… not just the style but the players attitude to tackles, opponents and officials. No screaming and rolling in agony, no pathetic handbags, goalies get on with goal kicks, Hurst just scored Englands third and apart from a couple of German players running to the linesman, very little protesting. Fit bunch too, given heat and pitch. Hope tomorrow is 4-2

Who won the game? :smirk:

Tomorrow Mainoo could become a global superstar. Amazing season considering hardly anyone had heard of him at Christmas.

Anyone seen the Mainoo videos doing the rounds on twitter? What a fecking idiot it's the day before the final ffs.

What has he done?

You'll have to search it out on twitter, I posted twice about it, once a link to the video and the other a simple explanation of the video and the mods deleted both so I won't push it a third time.

You'll have to search it out on twitter, I posted twice about it, once a link to the video and the other a simple explanation of the video and the mods deleted both so I won't push it a third time.
Ahh ok yeah don't get yourself in trouble. I'll go have a look.

This Sunday, Mainoo is comin' like

dNzrIRd.png

Fantastic.

I just searched and couldn't find anything?

I don't usually care too much about national team football because most teams play shitty defensive football like England or France. This time, however, I'm going to watch it with the hope Spain wins vs shitty defensive football.
This sounds so bitter and arrogant. Typical Barcelona/Spain fan thinking there's only one way to play the game tiki taka etc, oh and 0 respect for their opponents.
Pep post fa cup loss springs to mind

Nothing on social media about it. If it was a big story or even one of those "this is what THEY don't want you to know" things, it's a bit odd for zero trace. At least there'd be people mentioning there being something they're not allowed to say. Fairly shit only place this is being talked about is a supposed United forum though.

Nothing on social media about it. If it was a big story or even one of those "this is what THEY don't want you to know" things, it's a bit odd for zero trace. At least there'd be people mentioning there being something they're not allowed to say. Fairly shit only place this is being talked about is a supposed United forum though.

I think it's being scrubbed as now I can't see the original tweets that first mentioned it but I saved the videos as I knew it would all get removed quick.

I think it's still there if you search for "Berghain nightclub footballer".

I think it's being scrubbed as now I can't see the original tweets that first mentioned it but I saved the videos as I knew it would all get removed quick.

I think it's still there if you search for "Berghain nightclub footballer".
Oh my. I can understand the hesitation posting about this prekarius matter.

Last edited:
So whats going on with Mainoo? Can't find anything other than Rooney predicting him to score the winner...

This sounds so bitter and arrogant. Typical Barcelona/Spain fan thinking there's only one way to play the game tiki taka etc, oh and 0 respect for their opponents.
Pep post fa cup loss springs to mind
There are many ways to play. However, You gotta understand that football is supposed to be something you watch for fun, but if no team wants to attack there is no fun.

The sad thing is "Have you heard the rumours?" will create a vacuum that people will fill with speculation and those kinds of things will stick with someone throughout their career.

Pretty damn obvious. Even the slightest whiff would be trending hard on twitter.
The cryptic language in the last page of this thread reminds me of when I used to fall for clickbait articles in the early days of social media. 'You'll never believe how he reacted to THIS! Surely he'll get banned for THIS! Click here to read more'.