Ferguson on Pardew (and Newcastle)

Lot of my mates are geordies, they think they are long lost cousins of the Welsh, great brand of self depreciating humour

I suppose its cold in both wales and the North East. Similarities end there. Other than the incomprehensible accents.

I don't understand what's going on. Why is Pardew getting a tongue lashing from Fergie when it's the journos who've been doing all the stiring?
Well, Pardew did comment about Fergie. I guess, among managers its all too well to talk about and on behalf of their teams but when you speak about the co-manager on incidents where one himself is guilty off its not surprising that fergie has responded.

edit: and its not he didn't comment about the media :)

Having seen the interview now, he was stating it in a matter of fact way rather than being demeaning to Newcastle either. Its not that any of us here think he really considers Newcastle as a lowly club.

All of this is unnecessary. We got the win, we've got work to do, and we don't need referees looking for reasons now to have a go at United in the next few matches.

Think Big Picture, Fergie, not spite.

But then again, who am I to give Fergie any advice? No one.

I don't understand what's going on. Why is Pardew getting a tongue lashing from Fergie when it's the journos who've been doing all the stiring?

Pardew was quoted as saying yesterday that Fergie was lucky to have not been sent off.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/dec/27/sir-alex-ferguson-alan-pardew-officials

I think Mike Dean might feel slightly disappointed he didn't do something about it," Pardew said. "I think the pressure that was on him was tough for a referee to take. Sometimes when you reflect on a game you think you might have acted differently. You do that as a manager and I think he might have done that as a referee.

"But it's an emotional game and apparently they had a cordial discussion. I've had a few of those myself and sometimes I've ended up in the stands as a result of that cordial discussion."

I've been highly critical of Fergie this season. But thats a fecking brilliant rant :lol:

Loved seeing him on the touchline going mental all the way through the second half too.

Just watching it again on Sky and he looks more bemused than mental.I can see why Dean didn't mention it, at no time does he look ballistic, nor swear at the officials.One could argue why he's talking to them at all but it's way out of proportion

This same referee sent off Wenger against us last season for kicking a water bottle on the sidelines....

Even though we all play this down, I can understand why other clubs think its a bit fishy that Fergies got off with nothing. If Wenger grew a set of balls in his press conferences he'd be saying the same.

This same referee sent off Wenger against us last season for kicking a water bottle on the sidelines....

Even though we all play this down, I can understand why other clubs think its a bit fishy that Fergies got off with nothing. If Wenger grew a set of balls in his press conferences he'd be saying the same.

Maybe he said a very bad word while kicking it :lol: 'Salope de bouteille'

He gave his response to Pardews words, that's all. He gave the press what for too.

I fecking love Fergie, he's united through and through. Below the belt quote on the wee North East club :lol: but everything else is spot on. Those shit pundits on Talkshite have been at it all day as well.

People are also calmly forgetting when his West Ham team beat Arsenal 1-0(I think) at Upton Park; he ran right up to Wenger and screamed "made in England" when Harewood scored the winner.

He's a knob

So true ! Not only that, his Newcastle plays like shit, so now he's trying to shift attention from his actual team perfomances to some pointless bullshite with Fergie. It's a well known attempt to become a victim and save his own ass, Liverpool style.

Even Mancini doesn't get so small like Pardew did, after all the support SAF gave him in the past.

"Alan Pardew has come out and criticised me. He is the worst at haranguing referees. He shoves them and makes a joke of it. How he can criticise me is unbelievable. He forgets the help I gave him, by the way.

"I was demonstrative but I was not out of order. The press have had a field day. The only person they have not spoken to is Barack Obama because he is busy.

"It’s because I’m the manager of the most famous club in the world. I’m not like Newcastle, a wee club in the north east, but that’s life.

"There was no ranting and raving from me. I was demonstrative. I am always demonstrative. Everyone knows that. I am an emotional guy. But I was not abusive.

"I shouted Mike over. We walked towards each other. I was only on (the pitch) three or four yards. That has been overplayed.

"The problem for me is that the profile of this club is huge.

Good to see somebody calling Pardew out for being the bitter, hypocritical cnut that he is.

People who say "disrespectful" miss the point entirely which is totally true. The only reason the media slag off Ferguson any time he has a word with the ref while they don't even mention it when Pardew does it IS because Manchester United is a much greater club (at the moment at least) than Newcastle. It's a facht!

Well done Fergie!

Fergie seems even hungrier than normal this year.

The press will make out that's due to it being his last year.

Then precious people will complain about Fergie and how he shouldn't say what he did but its the best thing I've heard from Fergie for a long time and shows he's still very much 'in the game' for me.

Fantastic stuff.

Every opposition fan now will be forming at the mouth - just how Manchester united like it.

Then precious people will complain about Fergie and how he shouldn't say what he did but its the best thing I've heard from Fergie for a long time and shows he's still very much 'in the game' for me.

Fantastic stuff.

Every opposition fan now will be forming at the mouth - just how Manchester united like it.

All the Newcastle haters are lovin' it

Just seen wenger on SSN having a pop at SAF. He could barely keep a straight face when he was saying he should have been sent off. Almost daring Fergie to have a go at him too. It was great!

I'm starting to really like Wenger the shit stirring fecker! :lol:

Bang on Pardrew. Comments over Newcastle are a bit disrespectful though.

I don't think it was that disrespectful. Having a large ground and a lot of support doesn't make them a big club.

But what exactly did Fergie do that managers don't do every single week on the touchline? He waited for the ref and had a go at half time? He had a go at the fourth official and the linesman?

Can any of us seriously say we've never seen a manager do either of these things ever in the history of football. It happens every week! Pardew himself was giving the fourth official an ear full when it looked like the lino had ruled out the goal.

I can understand the Boss feeling like this has been played up solely because his name is Alex Ferguson and he is the manager of Man Utd. As far as I can see Fergie didn't do anything he and pretty much every other manager in the league haven't done many, many times before.

Mountain.From.Molehill.

Just seen wenger on SSN having a pop at SAF. He could barely keep a straight face when he was saying he should have been sent off. Almost daring Fergie to have a go at him too. It was great!

I'm starting to really like Wenger the shit stirring fecker! :lol:

:lol: saw that, was very tongue in cheek. Wenger, apart from Jose, is probably the only manager Fergie would tolerate having a pop at him these days.

Uncalled for IMO. Bit classless too, why call out Newcastle, or point out that he helped Pardew?

Ooh do feck off. Have you actually watched it or just read it? If you watched it you would know the context in which he called Newcastle a wee club was justified as he was differentiating between why Pardiola gets away with murder and when fergie has a pop you would actually think it was murder.

kobe-bryant-judge.gif

Ooh do feck off. Have you actually watched it or just read it? If you watched it you would know the context in which he called Newcastle a wee club was justified as he was differentiating between why Pardiola gets away with murder and when fergie has a pop you would actually think it was murder.

:lol:

Dunno. But numerous managers have said in the past how Fergie always goes out of his way to help them when they're new to it. Always available on the phone for advice etc.

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson's phone is always available for fellow managers who need some advice - even Rafael Benitez.

Reading boss Brian McDermott has become the latest to reveal he sought the Manchester United boss' advice over a managerial issue, picking up the phone earlier in the year when he was masterminding the Royals promotion-winning campaign.

It is just one of countless examples where the 70-year-old Scot has given his time for others who have far less job security than him.

"You do get phone calls from younger managers and I'm happy to help them because I know how difficult a job it is," said Ferguson.

"We have a lot of coaches coming here for a couple of days at a time, we've always been open to that type of thing.

"It's no problem for me to take phone call or call a younger manager - it's only 10 or 15 minutes out of my day."

It was then that the subject of Benitez was raised, given the troubles he has experienced in his first week as Chelsea manager.

"To be honest with you, we are all subject to pressures as managers," said Ferguson. "We get used to it."

Then asked whether Benitez, with whom Ferguson has such a spiky relationship and whom last week the United boss described as a 'lucky' manager, might be tempted to ask for advice, the Scot couldn't resist a wide smile.

"You never know," he said.

Yet, whilst the game has changed considerably from the one Ferguson knew when he took over at East Stirling in 1974, the bottom line remains.

"The one thing that hasn't changed since I started at the age of 32 is you have to win games," said Ferguson.

"It's a results industry.

"The type of owners in the game has changed. Nonetheless, you couldn't go five or 10 games without winning back in 1974 without some sort of pressure."

There are other issues to contend with, though.

High finance, massive media interest and a seemingly insatiable need for assessment via social media has made the manager's job much harder, and demanding owners have become more inclined to make knee-jerk decisions.

"The things that have changed since I started are the intensity of journalism, which has become more severe," said Ferguson.

"Agents have come to the fore, freedom of contract has gone - when I first started you had contracts that controlled players which is unfair but it was there.

"And society has changed as well.

"As I said sometime ago, there in the book 'United Unlimited' there is a photograph of Manchester United and Leeds players in the middle of the pitch scrapping, jerseys torn.

"The crowd is completely passive. There is no reaction from the fans.

"You don't get that now.

"All these things have created massive changes in management.

"The thing I did was integrate into each stage to the position I'm in now."

My point is, regarding any decision these days we get the usual drivel from pundits and the media talking about 'consistency in refs' and 'some refs would give that, others wouldnt'.

If Dean had sent off Fergie for kicking a water bottle last season, and it was Pardew having this 'heated emotional discussion' with Dean yesterday then getting off with it, we would all be kicking off on here.

So I understand opposition fans questioning it. We would be the same in Newcastle fans shoes.

When Newcastle actually win stuff, then they can be a big club. Until then, they are just a one-team town with a decent catchment area, a fat chairman and a cnut for a manager.

No offence, Sewelly.

Was reading through the Sunderland forum there. Why did they have to do the poznan last year? I like the club apart from that, much more than Newcastle anyway. They always take points off the bitters, they hate Luis Suarez and take the piss out of the scousers. Could have been a beautiful friendship mackems, what could have been, eh?

Fergies comments are bang on, anyway. Newcastle fans have always thought they were better than they were (one of the biggest clubs in England, best fans etc) and Pardew is a clown. Saw a Newcastle fan there trying to wind us up by mocking us that Shearer turned us down, despite the fact that his decision to do so didn't affect us much and the only person upset by it would be Shearer himself, who probably cries into his brown ale when thinking about it.

Newcastle is that big of a club that they have Gabby Obertan and Danny Simpson starting every week for them and haven't won a major trophy in how many years?