Ferguson on Pardew (and Newcastle)

I quite like the swipe at newcastle, its all part of the banter, I don't see why people are being so precious and saying its 'classless', its all part of the game IMO and I as a fan, love the fire that guy has, you just know he loves United and I love all the little jibes and comments, seeing other managers reactions..

It's funny, but Manchester United's manager shouldn't belittle a club like Newcastle. It would be great banter between fans and the like but that's not the level SAF operates at. I thought that bit was unnecessary or could have been worded differently.

It's funny, but Manchester United's manager shouldn't belittle a club like Newcastle. It would be great banter between fans and the like but that's not the level SAF operates at. I thought that bit was unnecessary or could have been worded differently.

Although if they had been playing Chelsea or City next, it would have been absolute genius.

Alas, it's only Arsenal going up against the wee club at the weekend.

Agreed, it was a bit unnecessary.

Its going to be throw back in our faces when we play them. Not a smart thing to say. No need to give teams motivation.

Well said Fergie, media in a shitstorm as it's United.There was a couple of the Newcastle staff having a right go at the linesman after Valencia's foul on the Newcastle lad in the last minute but the media don't seem to be picking that up as much.

I agree with this to be honest.

I love Fergie - he's a great character, but he's a bit out of order for me in this regard. Refer to comments by managers by all means, but he shouldn't belittle any club in the PL, its just not neccessary for me.

On another note it amuses me that when fergie comesout with stuff like this most fans love it, but are quick to accuse the likes of Mourinho as "lacking class" when he does something similar.

Its going to be throw back in our faces when we play them. Not a smart thing to say. No need to give teams motivation.

First thing I thought, didn't look smart... Then realised we've already played them twice so they'll have to stew on it until next season :D

I agree with this to be honest.

I love Fergie - he's a great character, but he's a bit out of order for me in this regard. Refer to comments by managers by all means, but he shouldn't belittle any club in the PL, its just not neccessary for me.

On another note it amuses me that when fergie comesout with stuff like this most fans love it, but are quick to accuse the likes of Mourinho as "lacking class" when he does something similar.

Agreed. I liked his quotes about pardew but he didn't need to belittle Newcastle. Also agreed about the hypocritical fans about mourinho.

Yups, it was very much the sort of thing Mourinho does which drives people up the wall. There's a minor difference in context though, Mourinho will refer to a rival manager as "Who?" for no good reason at all, while this was in the context of United being up there with the most famous clubs in the world, which is fair.

I think it's great. Fergie's got the bit between his teeth this season. He's on top form and that's good news for us. Reminds me a bit of the 2004-2006 years when he was absolutely obsessed with breaking Chelsea's dominance & seemed to be ready to take on the world. Losing the title to City last year has got him on a mission.

No other manager compares. He's 71 next week, as relentless as ever to succeed & I love him for it.

Fergie's said a "wee club" in comparison to United. It's hardly a classless comment and much better than half the shit Mourinho does.

I don't like the wee club bit because it reminds me of Rafa's comment about Everton. The rest is just about calling a massive hypocrite out for having a go.

SAF doesn't make these comments on the following day without thinking them through so this is a planned move maybe to gee the players up and leave them in no doubt about his motivation.

We all know putting 4 pictures in an article proves that Fergie was being abusive.
Daily Mail are spot on.

Is any actual Newcastle fan bothered by this? I mean, a manager of another club called your team "wee" ... so fecking what? Who cares? You know yourself that your club isn't small... and even if they were, you'd probably love them regardless... so whats the big deal?

It's playground stuff... if Benitez were to come out tomorrow and say that United are a small club, I'd laugh my tits off, then forget about it entirely and look forward to the game against West Brom.

Anybody who is taking this remotely seriously, or is offended by SAF's words could probably do to take a look at themselves.

Subjectively, I love that Fergie did this. Although I'd rather he'd kept it to Pardew, who deserves it, and not Newcastle, who don't really.

Objectively, I can't help but agree with RedRover. If another manager had said this about Fergie, our response would be completely different:

Mourinho: Classless, he should just focus on his own team, not belittle someone else's.
Benitez: Hahahaha, another brilliant 'fachts' meltdown, he's clearly completely rattled!
Wenger: Having another moan, always talks about anything except his team's actual performance, definitely PMSing.
KKK: Trolled by SAF again, this is brilliant, he's dragging the club through the mud.

Of course I realise that Fergie is in a different position. He can afford to go on the offensive every now and again because, much as the media loves to vilify him, his reputation is too solid for anything like this to hang around for long. Mourinho would be the same, especially because the media actually quite like his interview antics (managing Chelsea never hurts with the papers). And yes, most of what he said is bang on. Pardew was at least as bad in that very same match, and everyone's completely ignored it. Just wish he'd left out the 'wee club' jibe.

This is hilarious, people getting all bothered because SAF called Newcastle 'wee'. Who gives a feck? Let's face it anyway, in comparison to Utd they are a wee club.

Barack Obama was busy, you gotta love SAF. He's been really fired up the last coupe weeks, hopefully it transfers onto the players.

Is any actual Newcastle fan bothered by this?

I would actually be interested in hearing from our resident barcodes. It is very likely some of them disliked the wee bit but brushed it off and were quite happy with Pardew being knocked down a peg or two.

Sewelly, you around?

This is hilarious, people getting all bothered because SAF called Newcastle 'wee'. Who gives a feck? Let's face it anyway, in comparison to Utd they are a wee club.

Doesn't change the fact that if another manager had said it, your reaction would be very different.

Also, I don't think anyone's 'getting all bothered'. Just disagreeing with you.

Doesn't change the fact that if another manager had said it, your reaction would be very different.

And how do you know what my reaction would be?

I wouldn't give a feck if Mourinho, Benitez or MON said it. Only thing is, if they had said it, it would be less true.

icon_lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by antohan
First thing I thought, didn't look smart... Then realised we've already played them twice so they'll have to stew on it until next season

The FA Cup

Oh noes.

I guess we we will have to wait for the charity shield, Oh feck forget it

And how do you know what my reaction would be?

I wouldn't give a feck if Mourinho, Benitez or MON said it. Only thing is, if they had said it, it would be less true.

So if Benitez had had this rant at a Newcastle manager during the 08/09 season, you're telling me your reaction would have been the same? Bullshit. I don't claim to know exactly what you would have said, but I highly doubt it would have been 'this is hilarious...you've gotta love Benitez, he's been really fired up the last couple of weeks.'

You must be psychic if you can predict what other users will say if this was another manager who said it.

You politically correct twats drive me around the bend, I bet the Geordies in their wellies are crying all the way into their sheep

They'd be wiping their tears away with their shirts. If they were wearing any.

:lol: Fergie. He is spot on, no one knows what he was saying to the officials. Just because he is waving his arms and looks upset does not mean he was abusing them. Knowing Mike Dean i have no doubt he would have sent him to the stands if he was insulting him.

As for his comments, you can interpret it as an insult if you want. I don't think many of their fans will be as sensitive, but you never know.

You must be psychic if you can predict what other users will say if this was another manager who said it.

In all honesty is there not an element of truth in what he says? When it comes to SAF we are gulity of double standards.He does say stuff that is in turns hilarious and cringeworthy.But that's the man and that's why he is the most successful coach in British sport...ever.

What's worse is the media's speed to pick up on and blow it out of all proportion because they know it makes news.They are full of righteous indignation but underneath they love it.