Ferguson on Pardew (and Newcastle)

So if Benitez had had this rant at a Newcastle manager during the 08/09 season, you're telling me your reaction would have been the same? Bullshit. I don't claim to know exactly what you would have said, but I highly doubt it would have been 'this is hilarious...you've gotta love Benitez, he's been really fired up the last couple of weeks.'

Well obviously not those exact words but I wouldn't have criticised him for it either, he called Everton a little club that year and I didn't give a shit.

People get carried away in thier quest to appear overwhelmingly unbiased in everything they say and do on here and forget that the very nature of being a football fan means that bias will creep in. Of course I found SAFs comments funny and I love him for it, and this wouldn't be true of Benitez, it's not rocket science to work out why. Like I said though, I wouldn't have given a feck if Benitez said that to Pardew, I don't get worked up over little things like a rival manager calling some other team 'wee'.

Well obviously not those exact words but I wouldn't have criticised him for it either, he called Everton a little club that year and I didn't give a shit.

People get carried away in thier quest to appear overwhelmingly unbiased in everything they say and do on here and forget that the very nature of being a football fan means that bias will creep in. Of course I found SAFs comments funny and I love him for it, and this wouldn't be true of Benitez, it's not rocket science to work out why. Like I said though, I wouldn't have given a feck if Benitez said that to Pardew, I don't get worked up over little things like a rival manager calling some other team 'wee'.

Well if you read my initial post, you'll see that I've said that I quite like that Fergie came out with this, even if the 'wee club' bit grates a little. I was just noting that an objective observer, unlike supporters of the club like ourselves, would see that reaction as hypocritical.

Well if you read my initial post, you'll see that I've said that I quite like that Fergie came out with this, even if the 'wee club' bit grates a little. I was just noting that an objective observer, unlike supporters of the club like ourselves, would see that reaction as hypocritical.

Only towards someone who would praise SAF for those comments and competely criticise another manager for saying the same thing.

I don't fit that bill, but you for some reason assumed that I and most others did.

Love how much the Sunderland fans are enjoying this and how they call Pardew "Pardiola"

I've just watched the interview. He didn't say 'wee club' in the sort of way that you could call it a definite insult. He didn't even put much thought into it after he said it, it's been blown way out of proportion IMO.

Yups, it was very much the sort of thing Mourinho does which drives people up the wall. There's a minor difference in context though, Mourinho will refer to a rival manager as "Who?" for no good reason at all, while this was in the context of United being up there with the most famous clubs in the world, which is fair.

He also speaks kindly about other managers and clubs a lot of the time.

Fergie just referred to another PL as "small" or however it was actually put for no good reason. His problem is with Pardew, not Newcastle or its fans so what exactly does he gain by doing that?

My point, which has been made a few times on the Mourinho thread, is that they're cut from the same cloth. Mind games, sly digs here and there, usually to protect his players and deflect attention from a bad perfromance, or to get a rise from a rival.

I have no problem with it, its all part of the game. It just amuses me that Jose is roundly criticised for it but when Fergie does it the thread is full of smiley's and "I love Fergie" posts.

:lol: Thats amazing. I'm not sure how necessary it was to have a pop at Newcastle but he's on his homestretch as manager so why not.

I've just watched the interview. He didn't say 'wee club' in the sort of way that you could call it a definite insult. He didn't even put much thought into it after he said it, it's been blown way out of proportion IMO.

And this is the other point, if you watch the interview you can tell its not meant to be insulting.

Like I said though, the faction that desires to be constantly considered unbiased probably didn't even wait to see if he did do anything wrong before condemning him for it, similar to those straight after the game saying that SAF could have no complaints if he was banned for abusing the referees, despite him doing no such thing.

You politically correct twats drive me around the bend, I bet the Geordies in their wellies are crying all the way into their sheep

Is this ironic or do you think Newcastle is in Wales?

No sheep here mate - not last time I checked anyway. They'd cause chaos in the city centre.

Why don't go and boo their team off like they always does after every draw or loss at SJP. Best fans in the world, loyal, local fans.

To be honest, I do not think SAF meant "wee" as in a little club but 'wee' as in comparitively to United, which they are. Therefore everything is magnified that anything is done here. Could probably have been worded better, but meh.

Pardew just couldn't get over the drama of the match. All 4 goals, scored by United were correct, Chicharito surely wasn't offside when he won the match, so it was time to scream for Ferguson's ban, because he couldn't come up with any football argument... what a petty, little Pardew.

The oasis of calmness. The man with a poker face, who's never angry.
images

Lot of my mates are geordies, they think they are long lost cousins of the Welsh, great brand of self depreciating humour

That's hardly unique to the Geordies.Every region in the UK has an element of self depracation.I just find it annoying when anyone in the North East is portrayed as such. I've met a fair few cnuts from there too, doesn't mean they're representative of people from Newcastle

To be honest, I do not think SAF meant "wee" as in a little club but 'wee' as in comparitively to United, which they are. Therefore everything is magnified that anything is done here. Could probably have been worded better, but meh.

Isn't 'wee' used all the time by certain Scottish people and it doesn't mean 'small'?

As in, 'I'll have a wee pint before the game', or 'have a wee bit of dinner then go to work', or am I mistaken?

Isn't 'wee' used all the time by certain Scottish people and it doesn't mean 'small'?

As in, 'I'll have a wee pint before the game', or 'have a wee bit of dinner then go to work', or am I mistaken?

The implication in those statements is always small, even though meant as tongue in cheek as chances are it will not be a small(amount of) beer or a small amount of dinner.

That's hardly unique to the Geordies.Every region in the UK has an element of self depracation.I just find it annoying when anyone in the North East is portrayed as such. I've met a fair few cnuts from there too, doesn't mean they're representative of people from Newcastle

We are all cnuts we are British, had a 1000 years of practice

Pardew just couldn't get over the drama of the match. All 4 goals, scored by United were correct, Chicharito surely wasn't offside when he won the match, so it was time to scream for Ferguson's ban, because he couldn't come up with any football argument... what a petty, little Pardew.

The oasis of calmness. The man with a poker face, who's never angry.
images

People are also calmly forgetting when his West Ham team beat Arsenal 1-0(I think) at Upton Park; he ran right up to Wenger and screamed "made in England" when Harewood scored the winner.

He's a knob

Lol 8 years contract...

We all know that's bollocks in this day and age. If he gets fired he'll walk away with a shed load in his back pocket...as he did at West Ham, driving away from Upton park in his red Ferrari claming how hard done by he was

In all honesty is there not an element of truth in what he says? When it comes to SAF we are gulity of double standards.He does say stuff that is in turns hilarious and cringeworthy.But that's the man and that's why he is the most successful coach in British sport...ever.

What's worse is the media's speed to pick up on and blow it out of all proportion because they know it makes news.They are full of righteous indignation but underneath they love it.

Probably is a element of truth in what Brightonian says that if this was another manager who said this, some United fans would probably have a go. but you cant go round presuming things about what the reaction of other users would be had lets say for example, Rafa was the one who said this instead of Fergie.

Agree with you on the last paragraph of your post. The media in this country love to blow things out of proportion over small things but its what sells papers so you have to blame the public as well for them being so gullible.

No doubt the media will make out there is some feud now between Fergie and Pardew/Newcastle.

I don't understand what's going on. Why is Pardew getting a tongue lashing from Fergie when it's the journos who've been doing all the stiring?

I've been highly critical of Fergie this season. But thats a fecking brilliant rant :lol:

Loved seeing him on the touchline going mental all the way through the second half too.

I've been highly critical of Fergie this season. But thats a fecking brilliant rant :lol:

Loved seeing him on the touchline going mental all the way through the second half too.

Is thatBig Sam?