Ferguson on Pardew (and Newcastle)

Classic comments from Ferguson calling Newcastle a small club in the north east...he does it so well

I doubt he will hold a grudge against Pardew as they have seemed quite friendly in the past.

I laughed at Ferguson saying he called Dean over Dopey ref should have just waved Ferguson away rather than run across to him like a lap dog.

This is all a bit much. Pardew had a pop at Fergie's behaviour. Fergie has pop back. I thought that was the way it was supposed to be.

Until Rafael and Vidic are fully fit, Fergie has the best set of testacles at the club, let him at it.

I've always had an affection for Newcastle (probably from growing up uring the 90s) but their club has come to us twice in a row and been gifted nonsensical goals by terrible decisions, and yet the fans still have the nerve to go on about the officials being in our favour. They've always had a reputation for being the most blinkered fans in England, and I'm starting to agree.

Classic comments from Ferguson calling Newcastle a small club in the north east...he does it so well

I doubt he will hold a grudge against Pardew as they have seemed quite friendly in the past.

I laughed at Ferguson saying he called Dean over Dopey ref should have just waved Ferguson away rather than run across to him like a lap dog.

But they are a small club in the North East. They've got a good support but they haven't won a thing since 1969. Geordies have got delusions of grandeur brought on by having once had Keegan for a manager and beating us to the signature of Shearer. feck 'em.

Brilliant by SAF, lets hope he is just warming up for another pop at Rafa or Mancini.

Btw, anyone who doubts that certain media organisations hate us should try paying attention to way they've covered the last week or so. The Mail in particularl has been like a Liverpool fansite.

Btw, anyone who doubts that certain media organisations hate us should try paying attention to way they've covered the last week or so. The Mail in particularl has been like a Liverpool fansite.

They supported the blackshirts too back in the day.

The "wee" comment is borderline but the context needs to be there to stop it from being used inaccurately like Fergie's infamous "They can go support Chelsea" remark. The point about Newcastle having a less intense media spotlight is a valid one and relates directly to NUFC being a smaller club in terms of the public interest. Obviously he's stirring the pot a bit but not in a way that is being disrespectful to Newcastle as a club, imo. If a foreign manager called MUFC "a small club in England" I wouldn't be hurt by it, really, I'd be more waiting for the opportunity to make him eat his words. Which is fine, really.

I've actually been shocked by this. I knew the media in general had a pet hate for us, and obviously the fans of any other football clubs hate us for being so successful. But to take something so completely innocuous as this and blow it up as much as they have ("disgraceful behaviour, fergie losing the plot etc.") shows just how desperate all these people are to have something negative to say about us.

The delusion amongst other fans about our club is insane. Just been on a trawl of various forums and a huge number are going on about how the media never mentions the supposedly disgusting behaviour of Sir Alex. Meanwhile, there are no less than four articles directly slagging him off on the front page of the sports section of the biggest news website in the world.

The delusion amongst other fans about our club is insane. Just been on a trawl of various forums and a huge number are going on about how the media never mentions the supposedly disgusting behaviour of Sir Alex. Meanwhile, there are no less than four articles directly slagging him off on the front page of the sports section of the biggest news website in the world.

What's crazy is just how much of a filter these people have, that makes them completely blind to both media criticism of our club, and decisions given against us. Just how they can bleat on about "the FA in Fergie's pocket", "one rule for him, another rule for the rest" etc. is actually quite worrying.

mailfergie_zps6cfa7222.jpg

I'd love to see what it'd be like if the press weren't in Fergie' pocket.

Funny comments from Fergie but i dont think anyone should be berating refs like that in public

Every manager does it in every single game when a decision goes against them..

Precisely and the media will make a meal out of it becuase its Fergie and Manchester United. Wenger et al will come out with comments to shift the spotlight from their own shortcomings. Take it with a pinch of salt. The FA take no action so the media will swing into action and guess what? people will be all making comments as to what a spoilt club we are AND they believe it, but the worst part is that many of them are so called United supporters!

Pantomime villain stuff from Fergie this Christmas, between Robin's brush with death and his mental reaction to a perfectly correct decision for Jonny's og. Don't get me wrong, I love it. Who doesn't love a good panto?

We had a player banned for an FA Cup Semi Final because he used "fecking" as an adverb while on a football pitch. If there's a pro-United conspiracy at the FA it's a very oddly administered one.

We had a player banned for an FA Cup Semi Final because he used "fecking" as an adverb while on a football pitch. If there's a pro-United conspiracy at the FA it's a very oddly administered one.

Precisely. For every thing we "get away with", we can produce an example of where we've been hit simply for being a high profile club.

Remember Scholes and Rooney getting sent off in some pony little friendly, and getting 3 match bans for the season?!
Noone mentioned that funnily enough. Let alone when last year some others who got sent offf for other clubs didn't have to serve a ban

The only thing Fergie has done is tell Pardew to go and feck himself. As far as the ref is concerned I don't think he's done anything wrong. He spoke to Dean at half time, they had a discussion (ok Fergie flung his arms in the air!) but that was it.

The "wee" comment is borderline but the context needs to be there to stop it from being used inaccurately like Fergie's infamous "They can go support Chelsea" remark. The point about Newcastle having a less intense media spotlight is a valid one and relates directly to NUFC being a smaller club in terms of the public interest. Obviously he's stirring the pot a bit but not in a way that is being disrespectful to Newcastle as a club, imo. If a foreign manager called MUFC "a small club in England" I wouldn't be hurt by it, really, I'd be more waiting for the opportunity to make him eat his words. Which is fine, really.

I don't think so. How many times do you hear a manager in a pre-match conference that the opposition team is a very good team, a big club, good manager etc. Every time. That's how often. Mancini is especially like that. He always talks like he's some L1 team playing a PL team in the FA cup but with non of the excitement that goes with it.

Fergie's team get a great result but his defence concede 3 goals and look very vunerable. Fergie succeeds in deflecting media attention from a pretty poor display from his back 4 and goalie onto a nothing spat between himself and Pardew. He is quite simply the best. Now the pressure isnt on a nervous back 4 for the next game but is on Pardew and Dean.

Fergie is such a hero.

But I can't help thinking if JM said that about a club, the same people praising Fergie would be slagging off JM.

We're not supposed to be fully objective though. That's why football chat is infinite. We all have different realities.

And BTW Fergie is so right.

Maybe a little harsh but still right about Pardew and the whole situation.

Fergie's team get a great result but his defence concede 3 goals and look very vunerable. Fergie succeeds in deflecting media attention from a pretty poor display from his back 4 and goalie onto a nothing spat between himself and Pardew. He is quite simply the best. Now the pressure isnt on a nervous back 4 for the next game but is on Pardew and Dean.

Genius. He might have thought of deflecting attention from our nervy defence in August and saved us a lot of heartache.

Genius. He might have thought of deflecting attention from our nervy defence in August and saved us a lot of heartache.

He has a knack of picking the right moment for this sort of thing though. Another Newcastle war of words comes to mind when Keegan had a meltdown and his team followed soon after.

I'm not so sure this was that calculated, he was very animated all game the other day. He's desperate to win the league so he can retire.