F1 2024 Season

They were saying even if Liam takes DR seat, he's still part of their driver pool and could be back next season

Would be very interesting to know where the call came from, I can understand if he was in the points if it was a boost for his last race but he wasn't which makes me suspect it was to help RB
I don’t think he realistically gets another seat.

It needs Maxs upgrades to have no effect and McLaren need Oscar to finish 2nd to Lando for them to have any chance of the drivers title, the RB is too reliable to count on Max dnf

Would be great if we go into Abu Dhabi level on points

Sucks there's such a long gap

No yellow flag even? Maybe because we have no Latifi, Mick or Sargeant...

Needed one of them to make it more interesting

Danny Ric driver of the day?! Wtf why do people love him so much :lol:

What McLaren have done to develop their car since the start of last season is truly incredible though. It’s easy to forget how far back they were a year and a half ago now that seeing papaya on the podium so frequently gets normalised in our minds.

Stroll now holds the record for 161 races without having the fastest lap in a race
At least he has a record in f1 history.

Lando a lucky boy to get away with both those mistakes. Other than that no one had a chance today, him and the car where simply too quick.

Max with a flawless race got as much as was possible. Good damage limitations all things considered.

Shit there is a 4 week break now. The season in a big way is about to hinge on Red Bulls upgrades in COTA. If they don't work I reckon Lando slowly but surely wins this championship.

Lando a lucky boy to get away with both those mistakes. Other than that no one had a chance today, him and the car where simply too quick.

Max with a flawless race got as much as was possible. Good damage limitations all things considered.

Shit there is a 4 week break now. The season in a big way is about to hinge on Red Bulls upgrades in COTA. If they don't work I reckon Lando slowly but surely wins this championship.
maybe 2-3 years ago. max has matured a bit as a racer and with the championships under his belt, he’ll be able to handle the pressure. the closer norris gets, the more pressure he’ll feel and the more likely he is to buckle.

Max very much firm favourite still. And even if Norris keeps winning Max remains favourite unless something catastrophic like a DNF happens. But no way Norris stays clean all the way to the end of the season.

I’m sure someone was trying to argue that Max would probably finish 7th in the remaining races. Proven wrong in the next race already.

Max very much firm favourite still. And even if Norris keeps winning Max remains favourite unless something catastrophic like a DNF happens. But no way Norris stays clean all the way to the end of the season.
I have to agree with this , the turnaround for McLaren has been massive but still Max’s championship to lose, mind you I can see Norris going the rest of the season clean.

I’m sure someone was trying to argue that Max would probably finish 7th in the remaining races. Proven wrong in the next race already.

That DNF business is nonsense now. It was only true when Max and Lando were finishing 1 and 2. Now it's a struggle for Max to finish top 5.

Lando doesn't even need to win the majority of races any more, with the RB in this form. If Max is finishing 5th to 7th he wins the title with 2nds and 3rds.

Two more races with Leclerc on the top 2 steps will put him in contention as well.

Max commented after the race on the community service he got for saying his car was fecked. Unsurprisingly he's not happy about it and has said stuff like this does impact where he sees his future. This comes after the likes of Hamilton and Norris have called out the FIA on it as well. MBS certainly isn't getting any more popular in F1 these days :lol:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/...swearing-makes-me-rethink-f1-future/10657123/

Last edited:
Just caught up with the race. Norris a lucky boy with twice clipping the wall. That high downforce package on the mclaren in clean air is something else.

Max doing exactly what he needs to, to win the WDC. Driving like a experienced multi world champion.

So are we expecting RB CashApp to sacrifice their position outside of the top ten every race now till the end of season, just to stop Norris from getting the fastest lap? I think it's in poor taste personally

About time Riccardo left, he's been way past his best for a long time now.

4 week break is just stupid till next race. What's the reason for it?

We had Japan and Qatar last year in this 4 week gap.

Main reason for their move this season was weather based, Japan being in the middle of the rain season and Qatar being hot. The secondary reason was more logistics based, moving Japan closer to China and Qatar closer to Abu Dhabi.

This looks to be a one off and next years calendar follows with a bit more structure.

Just caught up with the race. Norris a lucky boy with twice clipping the wall. That high downforce package on the mclaren in clean air is something else.

Max doing exactly what he needs to, to win the WDC. Driving like a experienced multi world champion.

So are we expecting RB CashApp to sacrifice their position outside of the top ten every race now till the end of season, just to stop Norris from getting the fastest lap? I think it's in poor taste personally

About time Riccardo left, he's been way past his best for a long time now.

Agree was really poor taste for RB lite to be used to take Landos fastest lap, they're the only team with 2 teams, would be interesting to see who made that call. Be nice to see a ruling teams have to operate as separate entities but it won't happen

The gap sucks, just as everything is getting interesting. Can see RB closing the gap during this time

Agree was really poor taste for RB lite to be used to take Landos fastest lap, they're the only team with 2 teams, would be interesting to see who made that call. Be nice to see a ruling teams have to operate as separate entities but it won't happen

The gap sucks, just as everything is getting interesting. Can see RB closing the gap during this time
I guess nobody's buying the "we wanted to let Danny Ric go out with a fastest lap" line then :lol: