F1 2024 Season

Post race Verstappen is saying that the RB is not right and nt doing what he wants it to do, " I turn left, and the car does not want to go left" he added that the car hasn't been right "for some time"

i remember hamilton winning races when other teams were more dominant. is this something for max to worry about?

According to your previous logic, wouldn't Hamilton have only have won those races because he wasnt under any real pressure? Since he's only competed for titles in years when he's been in the dominant car. (2007-8, 2014-21)

Last edited:
According to your previous logic, wouldn't Hamilton have only have won those races because he wasnt under any real pressure? Since he's only competed for titles in years when he's been in the dominant car. (2007-8, 2014-21)
do not ask me to defend my own logic. that’s not fair.

though if i was nailed to a cross, again, i would say that hamilton was the best driver to be born between 1980 and 1996, and max was the best driver to be born between 1997 and some undefined date between 2010 and the future.
but not everyone is as smart as me.

Looks like Liam Lawson is going to replace sergeant for the rest of the season. Williams preferring him to Mick Schmacher who Mercedes offered as an alternative after saying its too early for Kimi to enter F1 when Williams asked (although he is due to be announced as Russell's teammate for 2025).

Ferrari rip up wind tunnel floor​

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/295546/ferrari-wind-tunnel-improvements.html

During the summer shutdown, F1 teams are forced to stop working on the development of their current cars for two weeks. In this time, teams are also forced to close their wind tunnel. However, Ferrari used this shutdown to upgrade the floor of their wind tunnel, which used to be metal before it was upgraded to a new floor made of innovate materials.

This new floor also includes an advanced roller that the tyres of the car will rest on and will rotate at the same speed as the air moving through the tunnel. This should fix Ferrari's previous issues, with the old metal roller causing a lot of wear to Pirelli's tyres. Teams only get allocated ten sets of tyres to use for wind tunnel tests, so with this new roller the Italian team should be able to obtain more data from their tyre sets.

This new version of the floor will also allow Ferrari to experiment more with the ride height of the SF-24 and future cars, with the old floor limiting the extent that they could lower the car too. If the ride height was too low, the skid block could damage the old roller, but this should no longer be the case.

Looks like Liam Lawson is going to replace sergeant for the rest of the season. Williams preferring him to Mick Schmacher who Mercedes offered as an alternative after saying its too early for Kimi to enter F1 when Williams asked (although he is due to be announced as Russell's teammate for 2025).

Makes sense based on performances but I feel a bit bad for Sergeant because he seems like a nice dude.

456907794_1001481851774072_4992773195326717978_n.jpg

The fact Ferrari have only used 3 engines so far is the wildest stat to me. Merc seems to do what it always does and at least be reliable. Again though as well: yikes Red Bull. Wonder how much help Honda still is to them. If at all. Between the current condition and RB powertrains and Ford being completely Uncharted territory id probably take my chances to jump to Merc for at least 26 if I was Max. Very well possible they ll even be all the way up there again come 25 for that matter.

Honda engines not looking great on any front. Seems like the skeleton crew Honda provides either isn't fit for purpose or is getting undermined by whatever Red Bull are doing to these engines.

7/6 and 6/5 exhausts, 5/5 and 5/4 ices. Speaks to some big systemic problems.

A lot of drivers might take their 4th engines in Monza.
The problem with the Honda engines performance this year is all down to the Red Bull cooling, hence why they’ve had to revise the bodywork so many times in updates.

During the summer shutdown, F1 teams are forced to stop working on the development of their current cars for two weeks. In this time, teams are also forced to close their wind tunnel. However, Ferrari used this shutdown to upgrade the floor of their wind tunnel, which used to be metal before it was upgraded to a new floor made of innovate materials.

This new floor also includes an advanced roller that the tyres of the car will rest on and will rotate at the same speed as the air moving through the tunnel. This should fix Ferrari's previous issues, with the old metal roller causing a lot of wear to Pirelli's tyres. Teams only get allocated ten sets of tyres to use for wind tunnel tests, so with this new roller the Italian team should be able to obtain more data from their tyre sets.

This new version of the floor will also allow Ferrari to experiment more with the ride height of the SF-24 and future cars, with the old floor limiting the extent that they could lower the car too. If the ride height was too low, the skid block could damage the old roller, but this should no longer be the case.
When I read the headline I thought to myself "wow Ferraris car must be really really fast if it ripped up the floor!" But alas, no.

From what I gather, staff aren't even allowed to check emails and are strictly monitored, but I guess that doesn't stop contractors coming in to work on some infrastructure.

McClaren insisting Lando give back 1st place to Piastri in Hungary is still going to haunt them at the end of the season.

Will likely need some Max DNFs for that to matter

Yeah, I reckon the gap is still a bit too big to make up and that Verstappen will probably still get another win or 2 in there before the season ends (or at the very least finish ahead of Lando a few times) but its still madness that they didnt look at the bigger picture on the day. Would have brought the points gap to under a 3 race difference at the time iirc. Every little helps and all that.

9 races to go and lando needs two DNFs from max. Can't see it happening. Also as others have said, they have to give results priority to lando for those 9 races.

Ferrari bringing upgrades to Monza. Can see both Ferrari and Mercedes taking valuable points off max and Lando for rest of season.

9 races to go and lando needs two DNFs from max. Can't see it happening. Also as others have said, they have to give results priority to lando for those 9 races.

Ferrari bringing upgrades to Monza. Can see both Ferrari and Mercedes taking valuable points off max and Lando for rest of season.

He probably needs one DNF to have a realistic chance (assuming the McLaren remains the best car for the remainder of the season). If it happened next race (and Lando won), 45 points in 8 races would look manageable.

Agree though, odds remain heavily in Max’s favour.

He probably needs one DNF to have a realistic chance (assuming the McLaren remains the best car for the remainder of the season). If it happened next race (and Lando won), 45 points in 8 races would look manageable.

Agree though, odds remain heavily in Max’s favour.
Wouldn't be so sure. Max will probably need to take at least one more penalty for an engine swap and if the car is as shit as it was at Zandvoort he'll struggle to get up the field.

If Norris and McLaren can get it right, there will be at least a couple of races (or even more) where they can get 12-15 points swing in their favour.

Ferrari will be quicker than Red Bull at some of the tracks, Mercs will be too.

When I read the headline I thought to myself "wow Ferraris car must be really really fast if it ripped up the floor!" But alas, no.

I thought exactly the same. :lol:

I've heard that they make a lot more downforce from the floor than they can actually utilize (due to their suspension) so I thought this was related to that, as in the floor is such a masterpiece of a design that it had lifted the floor of the wind tunnel. I guess I haven't overestimated Ferrari's F1 team in about 15 odd years so my brain just went way OTT with it.

Never heard of him, Sargeant needed to go, but thought Lawson would have got the seat - wonder if there's plans for him too preventing him being available for Williams?

Never heard of him but it's about time we had a South American driver back on the grid.

* Except for Sergio obviously

All I can say is he has a higher iRating than Lawson so this must be an inspired move.

He's the best from their driver academy, O'Sullivan hasn't really shown enough with ART struggling somewhat. Colapinto is a step below the absolute best prospects but he isn't that far off.

Never heard of him, Sargeant needed to go, but thought Lawson would have got the seat - wonder if there's plans for him too preventing him being available for Williams?
Lawson is a RB stable driver and Mercedes provide engines for Williams. Not hard to see who wouldn't have wanted a RB driver gaining valuable experience in a mercedes powered car