F1 2024 Season

not since Brawn and the double diffuser controvesy have i seen a car drop so much pace as the RedBull.

i know they have gone down a dead end with this design alledgly. However cant help wonder if something had to be changed on the car that we havent heard about thats caused them to loose the massive advantage they had in the first few races.

now 2nd best car on the grid.

This is a statement win from Norris. 9 races to go it's not impossible to get Verstappen from here if Piastri and Mercs spoil a few races for him

Fastest lap too. 22s gap built over 50 laps in one of the shortest tracks of the year. That's some domination

Easy win for Norris at a pretty full race.
If somebody said after the first few races that RB would be beaten by over 20 seconds this season , I would have laughed at them.
McLaren have produced a fantastic car.

That's pretty disappointing from Piastri considering what Norris did with the car.

What a domination that was. Where was Piastri's pace?

Leclerc driver of the day easily.

Guess the clean air must have helped Lando.

In terms of gap yeah, but he still had to overtake Verstappen when his tyres were slightly used. Piastri had over a 10 lap tyre advantage on Leclerc too.

How have RBR ended up 20 seconds behind Mclaren?
Max was probably managing pace to save his engine after Lando got away. There’s no way the Maclaren is that much faster than the Red Bull.

All Max needs is reliability for the title anyway.

Max still has a 70 point lead, I can't see Lando beating him at every race, it will take a DNF if we want's to challenge for the WDC.

Yep, 70 points and 9 races left. Really needs McLaren to be so dominant that both cars basically beat Max everywhere or a couple of DNFs for him and none for Lando.

Lando 70 points behind Max. If it finishes Lando P1 and Max P2 and Lando gets fastest lap at every race left then Lando wins the Championship by 2 points. Obviously unlikely to shake out like that though. If Lando misses out by a few points than giving that position back to Piastri at Hungary is going to haunt them.

If Norris wants to have any chance, the team need to get Piastri ahead of Max at some races too whilst they have the fastest car. And then hope for some other drivers having good races and getting between them and Max. But still, it is unrealistic to expect Norris to win out and expect Max not to win a few more races. As others have said realistically it needs at least one catastrophic race for Max.

As for the constructors though, Perez being shit in my view gives McLaren the edge there.

10.5 superbru points, disappointing although think I would have done worse if I hadn't changed

not since Brawn and the double diffuser controvesy have i seen a car drop so much pace as the RedBull.

i know they have gone down a dead end with this design alledgly. However cant help wonder if something had to be changed on the car that we havent heard about thats caused them to loose the massive advantage they had in the first few races.

You d figure at some pt Perez is going to have to be sacrificed to take the FL pts at the races to make sure Lando doesn't get them. It seems highly unlikely at this pt McLaren wont take the constructors title.

Even as a Max fan though Im kind of enjoying this. Watch Max drag the car in the current pecking order to those positions is obviously a position he is very familiar with from years of fighting Merc and if he can get another win or two I'm sure it ll feel even sweeter than many before it. Unfortunately for RB we are now entering the part of the season where they've traditionally been relatively weak save for an Austin for instance. Them having run through the engine allocation already doesn't bode well either. Only hopes they have atm is that Merc and maybe Ferrari take pts from McLaren or that reverting to old parts like they are now actually puts en back on track or Lando in particular making a mistake at some pt and dropping more pts.

RB is def on the backfoot bc they can hardly afford to make any mistake at all. You could argue the same for McLaren, but being the ones chasing down the leaders in some ways I feel is less nerve wracking than trying to stay ahead.

Last edited:

I want to see the straight line speed comparisions last year to this year on these races so far, Red Bull vs Ferrari vs Mercedes vs Mclaren.

i remember hamilton winning races when other teams were more dominant. is this something for max to worry about?