F1 2024 Season

Verstappen's top speed very similar to FP2, which was the lowest in the field. So it wasn't just engine being turned down, that rear wing isnt really delivering

Pinto almost binned it.

What's wrong with Magnussen?

Assumed he picked up a puncture. Will be crazy if hitting all the gravel somehow screwed his car.

I think they have made Lesmo 2 much more dangerous to binning it than before, if I remember well it didn't have gravel immediately after the kerb.

It seems so weird that you have people using sweeper to clear the gravel off the track! Surely machines can used for this!

It seems so weird that you have people using sweeper to clear the gravel off the track! Surely machines can used for this!
Using a machine would take longer and there’s no cars running so it’s safe. Do find it weird they’re using them brushes though. I’ve used them and they seem to let literally everything pass through them.

Using a machine would take longer and there’s no cars running so it’s safe. Do find it weird they’re using them brushes though. I’ve used them and they seem to let literally everything pass through them.
Fair enough

On a loosely related note: I just finished building the LEGO technic Merc F1 and it so much better than the McLaren one which I also have. Downside...it's huge as well and trying to figure out where to put it. In other words: if you have neither but are thinking about getting one: get the Merc.

On a loosely related note: I just finished building the LEGO technic Merc F1 and it so much better than the McLaren one which I also have. Downside...it's huge as well and trying to figure out where to put it. In other words: if you have neither but are thinking about getting one: get the Merc.
My wife got me that for my birthday, not even opened yet as barely have the time nor patience at the minute to sit down and go through it. My friend has one and he recommended buying some tyre decals from Etsy and it finishes it off nicely.

We've got the smaller speed champions McLaren and currently building the Aston Martin/Safety car set, and also have some sort of technic Mercedes

Wanted the big McLaren but it was quite expensive then the question of where to put it

They are all beautifully detailed

My wife got me that for my birthday, not even opened yet as barely have the time nor patience at the minute to sit down and go through it. My friend has one and he recommended buying some tyre decals from Etsy and it finishes it off nicely.
Ohh what kinda decals? Do you have a link? And yes it is quite time consuming. I targeted one bag per night and between everything else it has taken me about 2 weeks. The Merc is way more satisfying to build though and just feels more solid.
We've got the smaller speed champions McLaren and currently building the Aston Martin/Safety car set, and also have some sort of technic Mercedes

Wanted the big McLaren but it was quite expensive then the question of where to put it

They are all beautifully detailed
Awesome. Had my eyes on those too. Unfortunately there is no RB the size of the McLaren and Merc so hopefully that one is coming at some pt. The Senna McLaren looks pretty cool too. I have a few 1/24 burago models of cars as well for my F1 display. Though I'm starting to feel like a nerd. Maybe I'm making up for my childhood or something. I should probably do more adult things or something. But yes, the Lego Technic ones are almost a wee bit *too* big, though as you said: the detail is awesome.

Ohh what kinda decals? Do you have a link? And yes it is quite time consuming. I targeted one bag per night and between everything else it has taken me about 2 weeks. The Merc is way more satisfying to build though and just feels more solid.
Sorry it was eBay, not Etsy.

Link

These margins between the teammates are ridiculous.

This is huge. Exactly what we needed for the Championship. Can't see how Max makes up any places in the race either

That was ridiculous, such small margins. Mega laps from both Leclerc and Sainz.

Easy pole for Norris in the end.
Thought Lewis would do better P6 , disappointing

Just +0,186 for the sixth place. Altough that Mercedes was definitely quicker than that, Russel made some mistake watching him onboard in parabolica, so perfect lap would probably match Mclaren.

Norris should punch a hole in the air for the others tomorrow, should be another pole position where he doesn't lead after lap one.

I'd be really worried if I were Max, it's going to take a lot but the championship is definitely in play.

Perez managed somehow to feck up Max even more :lol:

True, the car is better than P7

No way, look at the time, different league to first 3 teams at the moment, at least qualifying wise.

I'd be really worried if I were Max, it's going to take a lot but the championship is definitely in play.
Doesn't look good when races like Singapore are yet to come. Baku doesn't look like would suit them either with those slow corners.

Perez managed somehow to feck up Max even more :lol:

No way, look at the time, different league to first 3 teams at the moment, at least qualifying wise.
Yeah meeting both Checo and a Merc at the same time in traffic def didn't help. I'm sure he won't be happy at all. Kind of funny how often Checo manages to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Awesome. Had my eyes on those too. Unfortunately there is no RB the size of the McLaren and Merc so hopefully that one is coming at some pt. The Senna McLaren looks pretty cool too. I have a few 1/24 burago models of cars as well for my F1 display. Though I'm starting to feel like a nerd. Maybe I'm making up for my childhood or something. I should probably do more adult things or something. But yes, the Lego Technic ones are almost a wee bit *too* big, though as you said: the detail is awesome.

We've got a few of the other speed champions dotted around the place, they're not top difficult, the Mercedes was due to the technic pieces, it looked very "meh" for ages then suddenly wasn't and actually looked like a race car. I like the Senna one, but seems very pricey vs the other sets, presumably because of him.

They're fun to do and while away a couple of hours, just a pita when cleaning :lol:

Glad I got my prediction right

Now of course will this be the time Lando finally gets off the line well....

Will McLaren rue making Lando get out the way for Oscar at the end of the season?

Glad I got my prediction right

Now of course will this be the time Lando finally gets off the line well....

Will McLaren rue making Lando get out the way for Oscar at the end of the season?
He probably will actually bc he wont have Max right beside him to make him nervous. And if Oscar has a better launch then surely McLaren will come with team orders at some point.

456971879_902039141961056_1062040791549831022_n.jpg

I'll never see Monza the same way again.

There is definitely something suspect about RBs decline in performance. I think something must have happened, either as reported or behind the scenes, that has significantly nerfed their performance. You don’t just drop off like this in F1.

There is definitely something suspect about RBs decline in performance. I think something must have happened, either as reported or behind the scenes, that has significantly nerfed their performance. You don’t just drop off like this in F1.

Turns out it wasn't the car, it was Newey.

Quite a few people claim that they developed the car in a way he said they should not, just seems like it's a nightmare to set up basically. I love it, would be funny if someone else won the title.