F1 2024 Season

What do we think, one or two stops?

Don't know. He's done his stop, and now only has RBs, Ferraris and Mclarens infront of him with half the race to go. Don't think he could hope for much more really after yesterday.

Yeah, in general they did well, but I think they should have pitted 2-3 laps sooner maybe if the situation was better, if they are going two stops anyway.

What do we think, one or two stops?

Yeah, in general they did well, but I think they should have pitted 2-3 laps sooner maybe if the situation was better, if they are going two stops anyway.
I'd be very surprised if Lewis is doing a 2 stopper now. He put the hards on in lap 24. The people that started on mediums did so around lap 25.

I'd be very surprised if Lewis is doing a 2 stopper now. He put the hards on in lap 24. The people that started on mediums did so around lap 25.
I hoped he might. He should have a gap on do a pit stop later in the race. Might get a fastest lap point and who knows if he’s super fast might cause some concern / disruption to make it interesting.

I hoped he might. He should have a gap on do a pit stop later in the race. Might get a fastest lap point and who knows if he’s super fast might cause some concern / disruption to make it interesting.
You might be right. Now that you've said it I hope so too should he not get Carlos in the next 15 laps.

Perez quietly having another pretty poor race. Wouldn’t be surprising if he ends up 8th.

Not stopping Perez is a massive vote of no confidence in his abilities. The only reason to not do it is because they think Hamilton would pass him.

Odd move from Russell. He’s surely got no chance of catching Sainz and probably won’t catch Perez. Must have been struggling.

Odd move from Russell. He’s surely got no chance of catching Sainz and probably won’t catch Perez. Must have been struggling.
Well he’s catching Perez pretty damn rapidly. Not sure about Sainz though

It feels like Hamilton and Russell will pass Perez at this pace no?

Aston Martin the amateurs of the day, should’ve converted a top 10 start into a double points finish but they’re both out of it currently.

I know people will focus on Piastri’s pace compared to Norris but remember Norris is in free air and, honestly, that Leclerc Ferrari is surprisingly faster than anyone expected.

Well he’s catching Perez pretty damn rapidly. Not sure about Sainz though

It feels like Hamilton and Russell will pass Perez at this pace no?

Russell will catch him but on fairly worn softs by the time he gets there.

I’m not really sure why they pitted Russell. Hamilton made sense but Russell was weird.

They must have felt both Sainz and Perez would catch him but it does look odd to give up track position when he seemed on similar pace to Perez at least. Hamilton may well get Russell and Perez.

Hamilton held up quite a lot there. Probably puts Perez out of reach.