F1 2024 Season

He’s a first class Cnut of the biggest order. Dummy comes out the first thing that goes wrong and blames everyone else but himself. He’s one nasty piece of shit for sure.
:lol:
Stop taking things so personally. Did he offend your mum or something. Doesn't matter though. Ironically F1/Liberty encourages and loves the hatred I'm sure bc it only leads to more viewers and money in their pocket.

A perfect example of how the F1 thread dramatically improved from 2022 onwards.

Why is anybody surprised at Max's reaction? The FIA reap what they sow.

They let him get away with a few reckless moves early in his F1 career then he got a car that was a second faster than anybody else's. He's never had to overtake cleanly before.

He's demonstrating why he doesn't belong in the very top tier of drivers.

Why is anybody surprised at Max's reaction? The FIA reap what they sow.

They let him get away with a few reckless moves early in his F1 career then he got a car that was a second faster than anybody else's. He's never had to overtake cleanly before.

He's demonstrating why he doesn't belong in the very top tier of drivers.
This level of delusion is impressive

Sorry. I've been watching F1 since Senna was winning races. Max has got something to prove now.

Ah, so maybe you missed the moments when Max racked up 8 race wins and 23 podiums in the third fastest car on the grid aged 18-21. Or won the championship as the underdog in 2021. Or beat Leclerc in the first half of 2022 when Ferrari were as quick as Red Bull.

Now he's back in the territory of 2nd/3rd fastest car on the grid, it will be interesting to see how he stacks up for the second half of the season. Even if he holds on to the title, will he outperform his car again or will he just Hamilton it and make 6th place his domain.

Ah, so maybe you missed the moments when Max racked up 8 race wins and 23 podiums in the third fastest car on the grid aged 18-21. Or won the championship as the underdog in 2021. Or beat Leclerc in the first half of 2022 when Ferrari were as quick as Red Bull.

Now he's back in the territory of 2nd/3rd fastest car on the grid, it will be interesting to see how he stacks up for the second half of the season. Even if he holds on to the title, will he outperform his car again or will he just Hamilton it and make 6th place his domain.

he wasn’t racing under any real pressure before 2021. there’s no doubt he’s insanely quick. i’d back him to beat any driver over one lap, in ideal track conditions, in a car that’s set up for the driver.

when driving under pressure he’s not shown that he’s in the same league as the likes of hamilton. he’s still really young and has time to mature and learn. hamilton had to. my main concern with him is that he doesn’t appear to want to learn, doesn’t appear to think he ever does anything wrong, and doesn’t have a team willing to tell him he’s done anything wrong. you get the sense he’d just blame red bull and leave if he was brought to task on some of his behaviour.

he has the talent to be the best ever, there are big question marks over his mentality to be the best ever. i think a move away from horner, marko, his dad and red bull would be the best thing that could happen to him. he comes across way better in situations when he’s away from them. i can’t see him doing it though.

he wasn’t racing under any real pressure before 2021. there’s no doubt he’s insanely quick. i’d back him to beat any driver over one lap, in ideal track conditions, in a car that’s set up for the driver.

when driving under pressure he’s not shown that he’s in the same league as the likes of hamilton. he’s still really young and has time to mature and learn. hamilton had to. my main concern with him is that he doesn’t appear to want to learn, doesn’t appear to think he ever does anything wrong, and doesn’t have a team willing to tell him he’s done anything wrong. you get the sense he’d just blame red bull and leave if he was brought to task on some of his behaviour.

he has the talent to be the best ever, there are big question marks over his mentality to be the best ever. i think a move away from horner, marko, his dad and red bull would be the best thing that could happen to him. he comes across way better in situations when he’s away from them. i can’t see him doing it though.

it's weird when you're serious, say something about his willy

I think going up against Danny Ricc, back when he could drive, in the most cut throat team in the grid, fighting a faster Ferrari with Vettel/Kimi for 2nd in the constructors, is quite a high pressure environment for a teenager :lol:

But you're right in that he doesnt have the mentality to be the best ever, and would be better off moving teams in 2026. But even then I dont think he cares enough about F1. First chance he gets he'll be off to win Le Mans and compete in the WEC. And win the real versions of Spa/Nurburg 24hrs. He might come back to F1 when that's done, if the sport hasn't self combusted in the mean time.

I think going up against Danny Ricc, back when he could drive, in the most cut throat team in the grid, fighting a faster Ferrari with Vettel/Kimi for 2nd in the constructors, is quite a high pressure environment for a teenager :lol:

he had nothing to lose then. he was 18. it was a free pass for him. he was marko’s pet project and favourite. it’s not like albon or gasly going into the second seat there. his performances showed how talented he is. he’s been challenged twice in his career. 2021 and the last 5/6 races of this year. his conduct and behaviour during those times is that of a best ever in any sport. time is on his side. most of us were dicks until our mid-twenties before growing up. i worry that left in his spoilt brat bubble, he won’t though, and that will only hold him back. i bet he has a lovely willy though.

You won’t often see me stand up for Max, but I’d say it’s difficult to say he hasn’t shown an ability to perform under pressure. The racing between him and Hamilton at the end of 2021 was some of the best I’ve seen in terms of consistency and ability to continually deliver under pressure. They both hardly made any mistakes.

Having said that - I think I know what you’re trying to say. Max clearly can out drive the tools he has because he’s an exceptional driver, but when a race weekend isn’t going how he wants, he’s petulant and unlike other F1 drivers who are often petulant too, you feel this impacts Max’s performance more than others. His hot headedness costs him. More so than others.

it's weird when you're serious, say something about his willy
Yeah it’s weird as feck

he had nothing to lose then. he was 18. it was a free pass for him. he was marko’s pet project and favourite. it’s not like albon or gasly going into the second seat there. his performances showed how talented he is. he’s been challenged twice in his career. 2021 and the last 5/6 races of this year. his conduct and behaviour during those times is that of a best ever in any sport. time is on his side. most of us were dicks until our mid-twenties before growing up. i worry that left in his spoilt brat bubble, he won’t though, and that will only hold him back. i bet he has a lovely willy though.

I dont know what weird parallel universe this is where F1 drivers are only under 'real' pressure if they're fighting for a title. He came in as second driver to race winner Ricciardo, darling of Horner, and ended up chasing the guy out of the team, while often outdriving Vettel and Kimi who were in a faster car.

Plus in 2021 he was masterful, and should have won that championship by 50 points or more all things being equal. His 3 bad moments (Brazil, Saudi, Monza) are clearly not a shade on all the litany of unforced mistakes Lewis made under pressure in that season, and I dont just mean Silverstone.

It's quite funny that people still think he is not good under pressure, when he won the title against Hamilton in arguably slower car when he was 22/23, and he was quite more inexperienced too.

Same could be said for Hamilton in opposite way, why didn't he had this kind of domination and consistency when he had 2 seconds quicker car than anyone else? Even at his best he didn't won pole for 8 straight races(Hamilton has 5, in the sixth race he qualified 5th, so it wasn't just his teammate), even at his best he didn't win 10 consecutive races either(he's won 5, his teammate Rosberg had 7, more than him).

And it's quite obvious Hamilton had better car than the rest for far bigger period, considering Red Bull's dominance is obviously past time now, and it didn't even last that long.

Saying that, I don't want to underrate Hamilton, but I find it amazing that people still try to find the way to undermine Verstappen who is obviously equally quick, if not quicker, than all greats, but he just needs time for long term records/titles, etc.

Just when I thought everything is great, some Max haters reappear :lol:
You’ll notice there’s a couple who are in the sort of 5-10 post range on the last 3 years F1 threads, and every single post they make is just frothing about Max.

It's quite funny that people still think he is not good under pressure, when he won the title against Hamilton in arguably slower car when he was 22/23, and he was quite more inexperienced too.

Same could be said for Hamilton in opposite way, why didn't he had this kind of domination and consistency when he had 2 seconds quicker car than anyone else? Even at his best he didn't won pole for 8 straight races(Hamilton has 5, in the sixth race he qualified 5th, so it wasn't just his teammate), even at his best he didn't win 10 consecutive races either(he's won 5, his teammate Rosberg had 7, more than him).

And it's quite obvious Hamilton had better car than the rest for far bigger period, considering Red Bull's dominance is obviously past time now, and it didn't even last that long.

Saying that, I don't want to underrate Hamilton, but I find it amazing that people still try to find the way to undermine Verstappen who is obviously equally quick, if not quicker, than all greats, but he just needs time for long term records/titles, etc.

F1, like some other top sports can be very tribal. And to be honest I don't really see much wrong with that, as long as people keep a sense of perspective.

I am and have been a big fan of Hamilton. And I do accept that this has coloured my views on Verstappen. Especially after the 2021 debacle which still annoys the hell out of me due to the way things were done.

But I very much acknowledge that Verstappen is a brilliant driver, albeit I don't particularly respect him that much.

F1, like some other top sports can be very tribal. And to be honest I don't really see much wrong with that, as long as people keep a sense of perspective.

I am and have been a big fan of Hamilton. And I do accept that this has coloured my views on Verstappen. Especially after the 2021 debacle which still annoys the hell out of me due to the way things were done.

But I very much acknowledge that Verstappen is a brilliant driver, albeit I don't particularly respect him that much.

And that's completely fair. Everyone is supposed to have drivers they like more than rest, that's the point of watching sports. What I find funny is that people have waited literally one average race(in which he showed great speed for most of it) to say they always thought he is nothing special, which is ridiculous. In that same race Hamilton ruined his tires in second stint like an amateur setting fastest laps for some reason and that's the main reason Verstappen caught him. He almost lost a position to Leclerc too at some point who is in much slower car the moment.

But no one is saying that Hamilton had a shit race and isn't greatest driver ever because of that.

Last edited:
And that's completely fair. Everyone is supposed to have drivers they like more than rest, that's the point of watching sports. What I find funny is that people have waited literally one average race(in which he showed great speed for most of it) to say they always thought he is nothing special, which is ridiculous. In that same race Hamilton ruined his tires in second sting like an amateur setting fastest laps for some reason and that's the main reason Verstappen caught him. He almost lost a position to Leclerc too at some point who is in much slower car the moment.

But no one is saying that Hamilton had a shit race and isn't greatest driver ever because of that.

Yes, that is quite understandable. Logic doesn't always happen in sports.

I think rimaldo gave a pretty level response in consideration of Max. Gave him his credit but also pointed out his key weaknesses

Fred Vasseur has confirmed that
Lewis Hamilton's multi-year deal with Ferrari will be
three years meaning he will be in F1 until at least
2027!
Vasseur told the Financial Times: “He had to make a
choice: Where do I have the biggest chance to win
the world championship in 2025, °26, 27? And he
said, Ferrari'"
Hamilton was reported to have wanted a three-year
deal from Mercedes when he signed his previous
contract with them last year including an
ambassadorship role post-retirement. But they would
only offer him a one year contract with no longer term
options.
Vasseur, who is also believed to be courting ex-Red
Bull chief technical officer Adrian Newey, also said he
expects Hamilton's presence will prove the best way
to attract good people" to his team. We have good
people at Ferrari, but I want to reinforce."

Ferrari could have fastest car on the track but they would still feck it up some how on Sunday, they really should be looking to poaching the best strategist instead of desinger from Red Bull.

He had no pressure when he was younger. He was a promising rookie who might sneak a win here and there but nobody bats an eyelid if he flings it off the road; he's young and learning. Once you're at the top and you're expected to win its almost a different sport. Lots of drivers won races early on in their careers and struggled to repeat the success later on. Vettel for example, who incidentally i think is about where Max will end up.

Unfortunately the FIA conditioned him early on to think he can get his own way and Red Bull/Horner have fed that ever since. Now he's no longer in the clear fastest car he's back doing exactly what he did before, but the FIA aren't turning a blind eye anymore and it's no longer OK to just win the odd race. This is the expectation he's going to have for the rest of his career and so far he's not dealing with it well at all.

He had no pressure when he was younger. He was a promising rookie who might sneak a win here and there but nobody bats an eyelid if he flings it off the road; he's young and learning. Once you're at the top and you're expected to win its almost a different sport. Lots of drivers won races early on in their careers and struggled to repeat the success later on. Vettel for example, who incidentally i think is about where Max will end up.

Unfortunately the FIA conditioned him early on to think he can get his own way and Red Bull/Horner have fed that ever since. Now he's no longer in the clear fastest car he's back doing exactly what he did before, but the FIA aren't turning a blind eye anymore and it's no longer OK to just win the odd race. This is the expectation he's going to have for the rest of his career and so far he's not dealing with it well at all.

From reading this thread, the impression you'd get is that the FIA are still only turning a blind eye towards Max. But yeah he's still doing what he's always done, outperforming the car he's in.

As a comparison, when Lewis isn't in a car one second a lap faster than everyone else, or when he doesn't have a patsy like Bottas as his team mate, he gets beaten over a season by Jenson Button, Nico Rosberg and George Russell in the same machinery. Just saying.

Last edited:
Red Bull have dominated the Spa race last two years, any hopes of others getting close previously disappeared on this monster track with Ferrari in third about 10secs off second place Perez and 30sec off Max and others up to minute off Max, so will be interesting to see how well Merc, Ferrari, and McLaren do this time with how close they've all been recently.

From reading this thread, the impression you'd get is that the FIA are still only turning a blind eye towards Max. But yeah he's still doing what he's always done, outperforming the car he's in.

As a comparison, when Lewis isn't in a car one second a lap faster than everyone else, or when he doesn't have a patsy like Bottas as his team mate, he gets beaten over a season by Jenson Button, Nico Rosberg and George Russell in the same machinery. Just saying.

You let the agenda creep in there. I haven't mentioned Lewis once, but if you want to bring him up then he's overall had the better of all his teammates.

Reference the greats. Senna, Schumacher, Clark. When not on retirement tours or fighting the FIA they all had the better of their teammates, every single season. Fangio did too except for not finishing too many races in his very first season. Hamilton hasn't and that goes against him, but Verstappen has already missed that mark too.

You let the agenda creep in there. I haven't mentioned Lewis once, but if you want to bring him up then he's overall had the better of all his teammates.

Reference the greats. Senna, Schumacher, Clark. When not on retirement tours or fighting the FIA they all had the better of their teammates, every single season. Fangio did too except for not finishing too many races in his very first season. Hamilton hasn't and that goes against him, but Verstappen has already missed that mark too.

That's fair enough. Just the usual experience in this thread is that an impossibly high standard is expected for Max that no other post-Schumacher WDC would hold up against either.

That's fair enough. Just the usual experience in this thread is that an impossibly high standard is expected for Max that no other post-Schumacher WDC would hold up against either.

You're only talking about Hamilton, Vettel and Max. Max has had a very similar career to Vettel on paper but why does Max need to resort to recklessness and aggression when things go against him?

Contrast to Hamilton who has learned to respond to pressure by being clean and consistently fast. When he's had an even half decent car he has always beaten his teammate/rival the year following a setback.

For me Hamilton is good for 4 or 5 titles. Max and Vettel both a couple at this point.

You're only talking about Hamilton, Vettel and Max. Max has had a very similar career to Vettel on paper but why does Max need to resort to recklessness and aggression when things go against him?

Contrast to Hamilton who has learned to respond to pressure by being clean and consistently fast. When he's had an even half decent car he has always beaten his teammate/rival the year following a setback.

For me Hamilton is good for 4 or 5 titles. Max and Vettel both a couple at this point.

He wasn't consistently fast at McLaren after his first title and he's been averaging 6th and slower than George at Mercedes since 2022.

And far from clean, look at all the midfield adventures he had just in 2022 and 2023. Magnussen, Alonso, Perez, Piastri etc can all attest to.

Last edited:
Great season so far,, I’ve really enjoyed it. My man Lando on a charge, IF he can get the win this weekend it will set up a great second half of the season.

It’s great to see Max under a bit of pressure, you could see his mistake coming from a good few laps before it happened. Just like with all drivers, and sportsmen in general, a bit of pressure makes people do strange things. I don’t think it helps that Red Bull have kept Sergio on and his form has fallen of a cliff, the whole organisation is under pressure.

Would like to see Max, Lando & Oscar fighting for poles and wins in all the remaining races with a splattering of Mercedes & Ferrari getting involved too. I think we’ll see a fair few more mistakes from all the drivers.

Who do we think is going to be the next team to win a race outside of Red Bull, McLaren, Mercedes & Ferrari? Can Aston Martin turn it around? Looks like it’s going in the wrong direction for them. I’d love Williams to push on but don’t think they have the funds for it.

VERSTAPPEN SET FOR BELGIAN GP GRID PENALTY FOR F1 ENGINE CHANGE​

Max Verstappen is braced for a third consecutive Spa grid drop for taking new combustion engine​

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/verstappen-set-for-belgian-gp-f1-grid-penalty/10638215/

10 place grid drop.

Also according to Helmet Marko, Verstappen has agreed not to participate in late night sim racing on the night before a GP.
Strange as listening to his fans in here he’s always done it and makes absolutely no difference to the following day racing

You just contradicted yourself in your own posts, in reverse. Also he is much better driver than Vettel who himself had questionable mentality at times.

Contrast to Hamilton who has learned to respond to pressure by being clean and consistently fast.

Except when he was crashing with his teammate. And that happened only 5 times in his career.

It's funny how some of you forget that too.

Strange as listening to his fans in here he’s always done it and makes absolutely no difference to the following day racing

Because he has always done it and it has made no difference.

It's obviously a PR call to say he wont race that late again, nothing to do with performance. Just to save us all hearing idiots like Crofty bring it up a few dozen times every race from now on.

Because he has always done it and it has made no difference.

It's obviously a PR call to say he wont race that late again, nothing to do with performance. Just to save us all hearing idiots like Crofty bring it up a few dozen times every race from now on.
Maybe. Maybe he also thinks it’s not the best idea to stay up all hours the night before a race playing games. Both could be true

Maybe. Maybe he also thinks it’s not the best idea to stay up all hours the night before a race playing games. Both could be true
Clearly staying up late the night before a race is not a great look when you don’t win, if he was up till 3am gaming he won’t have slept till 4am I’d say which would surely have a negative impact on his racing, not sure how anyone could argue otherwise. Strange thing to allow him to do in the first place as everything Red Bull racing are doing is on his shoulders.

You just contradicted yourself in your own posts, in reverse. Also he is much better driver than Vettel who himself had questionable mentality at times.

Except when he was crashing with his teammate. And that happened only 5 times in his career.

It's funny how some of you forget that too.

Nothing reckless about what Schumacher and Senna did. They were calculated moves. Max does it because he loses his cool.