F1 2024 Season

that’s why the best drivers always void their bowels in the cockpit and kick it out of the bottom of their trousers. you never know when you might an extra 250 grams or so in the car.

How would that be possible? Too low on fuel?
Just read, hit min weight but there was fuel in the car that wasn’t drained out properly according the procedure, once they took the fuel out, didn’t hit the min weight.

So was the weight of the car always under the threshold? Like this doesn't include fuel consumption?
Sounds like it, very shoddy from Mercedes who appear to have been aware of that fact and seemed to try to play clever about to try and get around it too!

Assuming Hamilton’s car is legal, just flat out weird they’d let Russell win the race knowing this.

will they make geroge wring his suit out and drip the champagne back into the bottle?

Do they still count fuel within the weight ? Surely they would have told him to pick up rubber on the in lap he was going to be down on weight.

Do they still count fuel within the weight ? Surely they would have told him to pick up rubber on the in lap he was going to be down on weight.
Car needs to be drained and there’s no in lap at Spa, so can’t pick up rubber. I think Mercedes didn’t think George would be on the podium, played fast and loose with their calcs and now have been pinged because he won.

I need to find out more but I noticed when Lewis/Leclerc got pinged for plank wear at Austin a while back, not all the cars are scrutineered to the same extent post race.

I believe as has been mentioned in earlier posts that fuel amount is irrelevant

Technical delegate's report

"After the Race, car number 63 [Russell] was weighed and its weight was 798.0 kg, which is the minimum weight required by TR Article 4.1.

"After this, fuel was drained out of the car and 2.8 litres of fuel were removed. The car was not fully drained according to the draining procedure submitted by the team in their legality documents as TR Article 6.5.2 is fulfilled.

"The car was weighed again on the FIA inside and outside scales and the weight was 796.5 kg.

"The calibration of the outside and inside scales was confirmed and witnessed by the competitor. As this is 1.5 kg below the minimum weight requested in TR Article 4.1, which also has to be respected at all times during the Competition, I am referring this matter to the Stewards for their consideration."

Car needs to be drained and there’s no in lap at Spa, so can’t pick up rubber. I think Mercedes didn’t think George would be on the podium, played fast and loose with their calcs and now have been pinged because he won.

I need to find out more but I noticed when Lewis/Leclerc got pinged for plank wear at Austin a while back, not all the cars are scrutineered to the same extent post race.
Do they only weigh cars on the podium?