F1 2024 Season

F1 has also released data to demonstrate that audiences are higher for sprint events than for grands prix run to the standard format, which sees two practice sessions on Friday, followed by one on Saturday before qualifying and then the race.

A statement said that live audience figures for the sprint in qualifying and sprint in China this year were 40% higher across F1’s top 15 markets compared to the average practice sessions for the opening two races in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia.

I can't make sense of this statement but it sounds like the sprint events are working?

His exwife was a proper proper stunner in the early 2000's (Cora). Must have been a crazy time to keep that a secret, especially with the coverage his brother was getting from the type of media that would have concerned itself with this.

Good on him that he now feels comfortable enough to make it public and hopefully he has some happiness. :)

'Ultimatum for Perez, Red Bull look to trigger release clause'
Sergio Perez is having a disappointing season at Red Bull Racing and may lose his seat.
De Telegraaf reported that Perez has been given an ultimatum by the management to improve before the summer break or risk being replaced.
Horner and Perez met before the Silverstone weekend, where Horner emphasized the need for improvement.
Perez has only Hungary and Belgium left to show progress, as he did not perform well at Silverstone.
Despite signing a new contract last month to stay with Red Bull until 2026, a clause allows Red Bull to terminate the contract if needed.
If Perez has more than 100 points less than Verstappen in the World Championship by the summer break, Red Bull could replace him. The current gap is 137 points.
Liam Lawson is a potential replacement, having made a notable debut last year as Daniel Ricciardo's replacement at AlphaTauri (now Visa Cash App RB).
Lawson will drive the RB20 during a Red Bull filming day at Silverstone, though Horner denied that this test is related to Perez's situation, stating it was planned months in advance.

This is from an F1 Facebook page , so how true any of this, who knows.

'Ultimatum for Perez, Red Bull look to trigger release clause'
Sergio Perez is having a disappointing season at Red Bull Racing and may lose his seat.
De Telegraaf reported that Perez has been given an ultimatum by the management to improve before the summer break or risk being replaced.
Horner and Perez met before the Silverstone weekend, where Horner emphasized the need for improvement.
Perez has only Hungary and Belgium left to show progress, as he did not perform well at Silverstone.
Despite signing a new contract last month to stay with Red Bull until 2026, a clause allows Red Bull to terminate the contract if needed.
If Perez has more than 100 points less than Verstappen in the World Championship by the summer break, Red Bull could replace him. The current gap is 137 points.
Liam Lawson is a potential replacement, having made a notable debut last year as Daniel Ricciardo's replacement at AlphaTauri (now Visa Cash App RB).
Lawson will drive the RB20 during a Red Bull filming day at Silverstone, though Horner denied that this test is related to Perez's situation, stating it was planned months in advance.

This is from an F1 Facebook page , so how true any of this, who knows.
It's been reported elsewhere as well. Apart from the Liam Lawson bit.

This seems to have gone under the radar .

Rolex is ending its long-standing partnership with Formula 1 at the conclusion of this season. The luxury watchmaker, which has been a prominent sponsor since 2011, will see its logo grace the Grand Prix start clock for the last time this year.
Stepping in to replace Rolex is LVMH, the conglomerate behind high-profile brands like TAG Heuer and Hublot. Starting next season, TAG Heuer will take over as the official timekeeper for Formula 1. This new deal is reportedly valued at $150 million annually, a significant increase from Rolex's current $50 million per year agreement.

LVMH's TAG Heuer to Replace Rolex as Official Timekeeper for Formula 1, $150 Million Deal Announced - Athlon Sports

This seems to have gone under the radar .

Rolex is ending its long-standing partnership with Formula 1 at the conclusion of this season. The luxury watchmaker, which has been a prominent sponsor since 2011, will see its logo grace the Grand Prix start clock for the last time this year.
Stepping in to replace Rolex is LVMH, the conglomerate behind high-profile brands like TAG Heuer and Hublot. Starting next season, TAG Heuer will take over as the official timekeeper for Formula 1. This new deal is reportedly valued at $150 million annually, a significant increase from Rolex's current $50 million per year agreement.

LVMH's TAG Heuer to Replace Rolex as Official Timekeeper for Formula 1, $150 Million Deal Announced - Athlon Sports
Saw this news before and was oddly excited about the prospect of seeing TAG branding on screen again. For some reason the time when they sponsored it before gives me major nostalgia vibes.

So I've only just got started watching drive to survive for whatever reason, never got round to it, but have a sudden urge to dive into all things F1. Just been watching the latest season which probably isn't the best one. Is it worth watching from all the way through from beginning? Any to skip?

Last edited:
So I've only just got round to watching drive to survive for whatever reason, never got round to it, but have a sudden urge to dive into all things F1. Just been watching the latest season which probably isn't the best one. Is it worth watching from all the way through from beginning? Any to skip?
I think the first seasons are best

So I've only just got started watching drive to survive for whatever reason, never got round to it, but have a sudden urge to dive into all things F1. Just been watching the latest season which probably isn't the best one. Is it worth watching from all the way through from beginning? Any to skip?

Skip all of them after 2021 because nothing happens in them but made up drama.

They probably explain more about the sport in the beginning, but otherwise, they're all kinda similar. So if you like one season, you will probably like them all; although binge watching everything might be a bit boring, and obviously the narrative they can present depends on what actually happened in the season. (Like, Verstappen's dominance was so boring last year, that he's barely mentioned at all.)

They probably explain more about the sport in the beginning, but otherwise, they're all kinda similar. So if you like one season, you will probably like them all; although binge watching everything might be a bit boring, and obviously the narrative they can present depends on what actually happened in the season. (Like, Verstappen's dominance was so boring last year, that he's barely mentioned at all.)

I'm finding last season pretty interesting tbh. Obviously some behind the scenes filming is staged, but the drama and pressure is real, as with Mclarens shitshow start to last season for example. I'm in the industry now it seems, so just need to deep dive into everything, maybe work my way backwards :confused:

I'm finding last season pretty interesting tbh. Obviously some behind the scenes filming is staged, but the drama and pressure is real, as with Mclarens shitshow start to last season for example. I'm in the industry now it seems, so just need to deep dive into everything, maybe work my way backwards :confused:
I think I would rather work my way forwards from the start, cause you'll get some of the jokes and references better that way (cause after season 1, the series becomes this known thing). That's nothing major though. And I think I also liked the latest season better than the one before that. Ultimately, it's anyway not about who's winning the season.

Red Bull suspects McLaren is having an illegal opening in the brake lining of their car, which should not have been there.

451572047_977409687514622_6804498845883478326_n.jpg

https://www.f1oversteer.com/news/re...mportant-mclaren-part-this-season-to-the-fia/

Last edited:
Obviously unrelated to F1 aside from a load of former F1 drivers competing in it, but my god the WEC championship is an incredible watch! Fantastic racing with so many manufacturers, and more set to join it too. I'd highly recommend watching the races.

F1 has also released data to demonstrate that audiences are higher for sprint events than for grands prix run to the standard format, which sees two practice sessions on Friday, followed by one on Saturday before qualifying and then the race.

A statement said that live audience figures for the sprint in qualifying and sprint in China this year were 40% higher across F1’s top 15 markets compared to the average practice sessions for the opening two races in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia.

I can't make sense of this statement but it sounds like the sprint events are working?
Why don’t they release the numbers for sprint versus actual qualifying. Not many people give a shit about watching practice.

Mercedes are working to solve the problems caused by a global computer systems outage before Formula 1 practice begins at the Hungaroring today.

Airlines, banks and media have suffered serious disruption due to the problem, which some have blamed on CrowdStrike. The security services company, which offers protection against cyberattacks, has supplied services to Mercedes since 2019 and its branding appears on the teams’ cars.

A Mercedes spokesperson confirmed the team is manually addressing the problem on each computer it uses and expects it will be able to operate as normal during today’s practice sessions. First practice is due to begin at 1:30pm local time.

The problem is also understood to have affected machines being used for Mercedes’ engine customers McLaren, Aston Martin and Williams. “We are working closely with our partners at CrowdStrike to mitigate any impact,” Mercedes’ spokesperson confirmed.

https://www.racefans.net/2024/07/19...es-mercedes-fixing-computers-before-practice/

Leclerc's terrible form continues. Still very inconsistent.

Leclerc's terrible form continues. Still very inconsistent.
So would you, if you were driving a Ferrari that porposes at high speed.

The new floor was supposed to fix that. Will be interested to know if was porposing related or the snap of oversteer issue at high speed has resurfaced with the new floor.

Also wouldn't expect Mercedes to continue their winning form this weekend. Rear limited track in hot conditions is the Achilles heel of the current car. Unless it rains or temps cool alot, it will be a 3 horse race between max and McLaren's.

RedBull didn't bother giving Perez the car updates this weekend. Only max has them. No point wasting them on Perez.

So would you, if you were driving a Ferrari that porposes at high speed.

The new floor was supposed to fix that. Will be interested to know if was porposing related or the snap of oversteer issue at high speed has resurfaced with the new floor.

Same problems don't happen to Sainz at the moment who is having much better last 5 or 6 races.

Same problems don't happen to Sainz at the moment who is having much better last 5 or 6 races.
That's a valid point. Could be Leclerc is overdriving the car trying to find the limit or it's not suited to his driving style.

That's a valid point. Could be Leclerc is overdriving the car trying to find the limit or it's not suited to his driving style.

It could be well not suited to his driving style, but as his fan, he is very slow for months now. Looks disinterested.