F1 2024 Season

Proper racing on a proper circuit. Despite the conditions it was still run at super high-speed with no big crashes or safety cars, unlike some of these strange street circuits with an SC or VSC every 10 laps or so. We need more of these safe circuits imo.

Fairytale race with great skill on show to race hard after that first rain shower. Very impressed with Lewis' pace at the end, he still has the top level performance. Hopefully he can carry it on for Ferrari.

Lando Nearly, he's getting sick of should've won this or that, he and the team really need to look back at the calls and car placement and fixate on what was needed and stick to it next time, go in with a basics plan, you double stack you put on the best tyre, work the inside line where Max is and not jeopardize your whole race at the start, no need for hasty moves on lap one with fast car. They're not a lower team to carry out hit and hope strategy now. It's strange how good they've got the car, how quick they do pitstops but hand it over too many times.

Fair fecks to Lewis pulling a win out all these years later, lando did bottle it though, the bad pitstop and poor tire choice, really though the tire's should be the pit walls choice, give the drivers less to do

Well done to Hamilton. It’s actually enjoyable to see him grind wins out instead of having the ridiculous car advantage he had for so long.

I can see him having a Valentino Rossi like end to his career so I hope that his fans appreciate days like today. I don’t believe there’s another title in there but he’ll do well to capitalise on these opportunities.

And yes you mfers, if I say the above, it was a pretty good drive. Thats like Schumacher in China 06.

I don't see how going back to less overtakes is supposed to be exciting - we were all complaining about that a couple seasons ago.

I.am not fan of overtaking just for the sake of it. I think without DRS we would probably have much less overtakes, but much more battles and running behind each other fighting for couple of laps, unlike with DRS where drivers let each other go in 90% overtakes without any defending.

I.am not fan of overtaking just for the sake of it. I think without DRS we would probably have much less overtakes, but much more battles and running behind each other fighting for couple of laps, unlike with DRS where drivers let each other go in 90% overtakes without any defending.
Artificial Deg on tyres is part of the issue. Pirelli can make tyres that can last the entire GP if needed like they do in motoGP. So drivers can go flat out all of the time, no tyre mgmt. Then we would need mandatory pitstops to run at least 2 of the 3 compounds. At places like Monaco run all three cause it's a crap circuit.

Alot of overtaking nowadays is because of tyres delta's, which doesnt show much skill.

Don't think it can be overstated just how big a win that was for Hamilton. He probably was getting to the stage of thinking he'd never win another race, if not there already and at a point when questions where beginning to be asked about his pace now in comparison to the young guns. Still remains to be seen if he could keep that up and maintain it over a season but that was a beautiful race and moment for him.

Artificial Deg on tyres is part of the issue. Pirelli can make tyres that can last the entire GP if needed like they do in motoGP. So drivers can go flat out all of the time, no tyre mgmt. Then we would need mandatory pitstops to run at least 2 of the 3 compounds. At places like Monaco run all three cause it's a crap circuit.

Alot of overtaking nowadays is because of tyres delta's, which doesnt show much skill.

You don’t watch enough MotoGP if you think they’re not managing the tyre. Part of the issue since leaving Bridgestone was that the tyres went off quicker and favoured lighter shorter riders over tall riders

Also Michelin provide the MotoGp tyre…

The issue is not having refueling. Always has been since they removed it. Offers so much variability in strategy.

You don’t watch enough MotoGP if you think they’re not managing the tyre. Part of the issue since leaving Bridgestone was that the tyres went off quicker and favoured lighter shorter riders over tall riders

Also Michelin provide the MotoGp tyre…

The issue is not having refueling. Always has been since they removed it. Offers so much variability in strategy.
I will defer to your MotoGP knowledge I as red in an article that they don't have to do any tyre mgmt and Michelin have produced tyres that they can go flat out on throughout the entire race.

It's just a teaser. The driving shots look incredible. Hope the story is compelling.

The modernization work on the Monza route is progressing.
The resurfacing of the first variant is underway.
The new surface appears to have a more accentuated elbow geometry at first sight.
450559177_972944847961106_4691780324601430709_n.jpg

There wouldn't be any battles. DRS enables battles. Without it people would just be 1 second ahead and the car behind would never get close enough to have a battle. Even with DRS drivers fail to get close enough to overtake for like 5 straight laps.

There wouldn't be any battles. DRS enables battles. Without it people would just be 1 second ahead and the car behind would never get close enough to have a battle. Even with DRS drivers fail to get close enough to overtake for like 5 straight laps.

They should fix the cars then, DRS isn’t the answer the passes become too easy a lot of the time

If you took DRS away now you would end up with drivers on the grid who have never known anything but DRS passing, they are all class obviously to be at that level but in a sport of fine margins I think we could have a situation where more mistakes happen, likely from the attacking car as the risks to overtake will be so much higher.

That's because of tyre management. They know they will be able to do it in couple of laps without risking anything and ruining their tires. There's been few seasons with DRS on with not quite big gap of overtakes in comparision with some seasons before without DRS.

People actually did overtake each other when they didn't have DRS.

That's because of tyre management. They know they will be able to do it in couple of laps without risking anything and ruining their tires. There's been few seasons with DRS on with not quite big gap of overtakes in comparision with some seasons before without DRS.

People actually did overtake each other when they didn't have DRS.

I also reckon there's some clever aerodynamics in play to push the dirty air to a point around 1.5 seconds out (i.e just outside of DRS). There were a couple of occasions in the last race where someone was a lot quicker than the car in-front, got to 1.1 to 1.5 seconds behind and couldn't get into the DRS zone for a few laps

That wouldn't suit them tactically as it's worse on tyres to do that than go into the next straight with DRS enabled.

Back to refuelling, neutralise the giant tyre wear problems and close following wrecking tyres, cars also can be smaller and lighter, therefore no need for DRS assisted passing.

Easy.

Nah, refuelling was dangerous and would still lead to passing happening in the pits due to strategy differences.

Enforce a minimum fuel level of 110% of what’s needed for a full race distance, make the tyres last a full race and limit aero so dirty air isn’t as much of an issue.

Let them drive the wheels off the things for the entire distance, not manage fuel or tyres.

Refuelling era was absolute pony most of the time, they just waited for the undercut or over cut, it wouldn’t improve anything bringing that back.

Let’s see what the 2026 cars bring and then worry about changes, it’s a bit of a shame just as the field levels at the front it all gets reset again, typical really. F1 hasn’t had 4 teams battling for wins for years, even with the WDC pretty much done, still should be some great races left this year.

Max Vision problem since Silverstone crash 2021
"Since my crash at Silverstone I have been suffering from vision problems, especially on undulating circuits or circuits with many billboards along the side of the track. [At the COTA GP in 2021], I was not only fighting Lewis, but also against blurry images," the Dutchman begins.

"It was like driving a speedboat at 200mph! I've never said this before, but it was so bad for a few laps that I seriously considered turning the car off. The only thing that helped was me concentrating on my breathing while Lewis was breathing down my neck. An important victory that I desperately needed in the battle for the championship," said Verstappen.

Max Vision problem since Silverstone crash 2021

Think that's a translation error. He was talking about his best-ever wins and he cited COTA in 2021 since he was pretty clearly still battling post-concussion syndromes.

Don't think it's an ongoing problem for him at this point.

Think that's a translation error. He was talking about his best-ever wins and he cited COTA in 2021 since he was pretty clearly still battling post-concussion syndromes.

Don't think it's an ongoing problem for him at this point.
What's the source, @Ahmer Baig? If it was in Dutch originally, I could check what he really said.

Ah, never mind. I see it's from The Red Bulletin, which appears to be a Red Bull magazine, so it's probably the original quote.

Either way, I would also assume it didn't last long afterwards.

fastest car at all tracks for three years = 20/20 vision

fastest car at only some tracks for one month = “woah, which corner is the real one!?”

Roberto Chinchero (italian journalist, Sky F1 italy opinioninst):

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...i-e-punta-su-aston-martin-o-mclaren/10633955/

- Newey has definitely abandoned the Ferrari option.

- Aston Martin is the reported by multiple sources to be Adrian's favorite destination.

- Ferrari is currently more worried about finding a replacement for Cardile in the day-by-day operations.

- McLaren had very private, very secret negotiations with Adrian Newey and the current stage of negotiations is unclear, could be the surprise outcome.

Roberto Chinchero (italian journalist, Sky F1 italy opinioninst):

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...i-e-punta-su-aston-martin-o-mclaren/10633955/

- Newey has definitely abandoned the Ferrari option.

- Aston Martin is the reported by multiple sources to be Adrian's favorite destination.

- Ferrari is currently more worried about finding a replacement for Cardile in the day-by-day operations.

- McLaren had very private, very secret negotiations with Adrian Newey and the current stage of negotiations is unclear, could be the surprise outcome.
Motorsport F1 reported the same sort of thing. Newey doesn't want to relocate to Italy.

They also reported that Ferrari have abandoned the SF-24 concept of this season. The next car 677 ala "project Hamilton" is going to use use a pull rod system at the front, copying the same concept as RedBull and McLaren. Shorter gearbox and redistribution of weight of the car for better balance.

The latest update to the SF-24 reintroduced proposing at high speed. Maybe they should take a leaf out of Mercedes book and introduce a third element to the nose of the car (alledged to be a heave damper and spring) which has fixed the proposing on the car.

James Allison quoted as '"how could we (Mercedes) have been so stupid", in reference to the fix.