F1 2024 Season

Piastri and Max have enough time to try again for pole. When the session restarts. Now I want rain. Want Norris on pole.

Should be a cracking race, not watch it, Iam going to Fairford Air Show
Just looked that up. All sold out. Would have been a nice day out.

Max isn't happy is he in that interview. RedBull bring all the upgrades and they can't bring back the advantage of the early part of the season.

Also tomorrow is another example why Perez needs to be fired. Max is in a pincer movement against the McLaren's they can undercut or overcut him and split strategies. He needs a wingman to help him when it's getting this close up front.

Unfortunately his wing man is clipping is own wings on a regular basis.

Last edited:

Max isn't happy is he in that interview. RedBull bring all the upgrades and they can't bring back the advantage of the early part of the season.

Also tomorrow is another example why Perez needs to be fired. Max is in a pincer movement against the McLaren's they can understand or overcut him and split strategies. He needs a wingman to help him when it's getting this close up front.

Yeah, it's actually one of few races he actually needs his teammate and he is nowhere to be find and Mclaren could be getting much closer in constructor championship too, no way Red Bull will wait for more mistakes, I think this is the final nail in the coffin.

Perez didn't look in the best physical shape in a post quali interview. Wonder if he's let himself go a bit and lost some sharpness that's caused him to slip further away.

Last edited:
There's a get out clause in Perez contract for poor performance, surely he can't be far from triggering this.

Also tomorrow is another example why Perez needs to be fired. Max is in a pincer movement against the McLaren's they can undercut or overcut him and split strategies. He needs a wingman to help him when it's getting this close up front.

Yeah it’s a good day out.
Max was not happy, he never is when behind , McLaren have caught up and gone ahead of RB.
RB will lose the constructors with Perez, not sure we will see him after the summer break, he looks broken

Danny is getting his red bull drive back it seems.

Marko doesn’t want him in RB and Horner loves him. Marko has no say over the Redbull team.
The-Race website think Lawson would get the drive especially as he was within the required pace window to max during promotional day filming in last year's car.

Danny Ric should be let go by RB and F1 in general. Make way for new younger talent.

https://www.the-race.com/formula-1/red-bull-2025-f1-line-up-perez-tsunoda-lawson-ricciardo-latest/

But they're both shite. Ricciardo is a much better choice, and he's actually earned it by winning.

Tsunoda's head-to-head record against Ricciardo isn't particularly close (2x the points,, has outqualified Ricciardo 3x etc). The only teammate who has performed better than Tsunoda in the RB is Lawson in the short stint last year.

But they're both shite. Ricciardo is a much better choice, and he's actually earned it by winning.

There is no argument that makes Tsunoda shite without making Ricciardo look even worse. He is getting beaten by his teammate for 4 years now, how on earth that makes Tsunoda shite and Ricciardo good?

Also Lawson was really impressive when he got the chance, there is a strong possibility he is quicker than both Ricciardo and Tsunoda, plus he is younger and worth the risk.

Still think it's mental that Sainz is available for next year and Horner won't give him Perez's seat. Shouldn't matter if him and max don't get on. It's about having the quickest drivers available in your team.

He may not beat Max over the course of a season, but he will get a massive amount of points as well as some wins and some PP on occasions. Basically do everything that Perez can't. Apart from bringing in £50mil of sponsorship a year (the only thing that keeps Perez in his seat).

Obviously if RB thinks Lawson is good enough then I'm all for young drivers getting their chances.

There is no argument that makes Tsunoda shite without making Ricciardo look even worse. He is getting beaten by his teammate for 4 years now, how on earth that makes Tsunoda shite and Ricciardo good?

Also Lawson was really impressive when he got the chance, there is a strong possibility he is quicker than both Ricciardo and Tsunoda, plus he is younger and worth the risk.

Aye but Ricciardo is a winner. Tsunoda is a whiner.

Aye but Ricciardo is a winner. Tsunoda is a whiner.

Neither of them is going to win them races, they don't need Grand prix winner from 5-8 years ago, they need consistent performers and good qualifiers who will win them points more often than not.

Still think it's mental that Sainz is available for next year and Horner won't give him Perez's seat. Shouldn't matter if him and max don't get on. It's about having the quickest drivers available in your team.

He may not beat Max over the course of a season, but he will get a massive amount of points as well as some wins and some PP on occasions. Basically do everything that Perez can't. Apart from bringing in £50mil of sponsorship a year (the only thing that keeps Perez in his seat).

Obviously if RB thinks Lawson is good enough then I'm all for young drivers getting their chances.
Sianz would end up taking points away from Max, If it's the odd race it doesn't matter but I reckon he would go all out in the same way Rosberg did and that won't go down well with Max or the team.

Bottas would be the ideal wingman, he knows the score and he will turn up most race to help you out.

I just don't get DannyRic, he's a nice guy and whatnot but I don't think he deserves a no1 seat in F1, might he a good no2 option for RBR but there are better options within the wider team.

It's harsh to say this but he had his shot, he failed and it's time to move on, just feels like a lot of these drivers are just there for the sake of it now.

Sianz would end up taking points away from Max, If it's the odd race it doesn't matter but I reckon he would go all out in the same way Rosberg did and that won't go down well with Max or the team.

Bottas would be the ideal wingman, he knows the score and he will turn up most race to help you out.

I just don't get DannyRic, he's a nice guy and whatnot but I don't think he deserves a no1 seat in F1, might he a good no2 option for RBR but there are better options within the wider team.

It's harsh to say this but he had his shot, he failed and it's time to move on, just feels like a lot of these drivers are just there for the sake of it now.
I agree with you. Bottas, Danny Ric, Zhou, Sergeant, Perez should all be shown the F1 door. Personally I'd add Ocon, Tsundoa, Stroll to that list.

There's alot of talent in F2 now and in last few years who can't get a look in at F1level. Either it's pay drivers taking slots. Or drivers with huge sponsorship or drivers who the engine manufacturer wants.

I agree with you. Bottas, Danny Ric, Zhou, Sergeant, Perez should all be shown the F1 door. Personally I'd add Ocon, Tsundoa, Stroll to that list.

There's alot of talent in F2 now and in last few years who can't get a look in at F1level. Either it's pay drivers taking slots. Or drivers with huge sponsorship or drivers who the engine manufacturer wants.
Yes. I would like to see Bortoleto in F1. Talented and entertaining.

Danny Ric hasn't done enough in the RB lite to deserve the RB drive, but CH seems to love him so who knows

Yuki seems too much of a loose cannon, can see him taking Max out and that won't be accepted

Think they should put Lawson in it, he can't be worse than Perez currently is the big question is do you then sign up Sainz for next year, as what if Lawson does brilliantly in it?

As an aside good for Ralph Schumacher to be able to feel he can be open about his new relationship, shame more sports people can't while actively participating

Last edited:
Why on earth did RB give Perez that new contract? His form was already iffy at the start of this season/back end of last season, just last year Max was able to carry RB to the title on his own, this year we actually have competition and its not a foregone conclusion

Wonder if they have to pay him compensation like with football managers or can just bin him

Why on earth did RB give Perez that new contract? His form was already iffy at the start of this season/back end of last season, just last year Max was able to carry RB to the title on his own, this year we actually have competition and its not a foregone conclusion

Wonder if they have to pay him compensation like with football managers or can just bin him

Isn't it rumoured that the new contract has the clause about being X points within Max by the summer break? Maybe it's the new contract that's allowing them to consider getting rid of him for no compensation versus having to pay out on the old contract?

Because he brings in £50million of sponsorship to RedBull every year.

He's also responsible for over 60% of Red Bull merchandising sales globally.

In comparison Sainz brings in £2mil of a sponsorship a year.