F1 2024 Season

Landos been crying I think. He's gutted about the tyre call.

It probably hurts Lando even more that it was his home race he had such a strong chance of winning

Landos been crying I think. He's gutted about the tyre call.
Must be hard on him. He should have won the last two races and stared to close the gap to max.

Terrible pitwall calls by mclaren today, not double stacking and not using new medium tyres.

Wonder what Lewis is thinking wrt joining Ferrari after today's win.
He will want to fire the strategist team at Ferrari. Another huge clanger again.

Poor Leclerc. If Ferrari can fix their high speed proposing, the finishing order for top eight will be so hard to call at each Grand Prix

even the most ardent of max fans would admit that, that drive from lewis was the best ever.

Some of the brits sure are an emotional bunch. The amount of tears being shed at the track and online today seems wouldn't have been out of place on Oprah back in the day. :lol:

Britain's Got Talent is great for that too I noticed.

Some of the brits sure are an emotional bunch. The amount of tears being shed at the track and online today seems wouldn't have been out of place on Oprah back in the day. :lol:

Context. He was one lap away from his 8th WDC and retirement from the sport in 2021.

It's taken 2 and a half years to just cross that line once again. Something alot of us thought wouldn't happen in a mercedes.

Whether he will ever win no8 remains to be seen (I doubt it). So like millions of others I will take today and the emotion of it all and enjoy it.

@Leg-End summed it up perfectly

That one was incredibly special, my word sometimes sport can just hit moments out of the park and that was one of them.

Oh yeah. :lol:

Surely Max's camp must be pushing to have him replaced. Max can't use a wing man who is two laps down from him in a gp.

Was a bit of a strange decision to give Perez a contract extension.
I have to say that I was extremely impressed with Max driving today. And his post race interview was measured and informative.

Context. He was one lap away from his 8th WDC and retirement from the sport in 2021.

It's taken 2 and a half years to just cross that line once again. Something alot of us thought wouldn't happen in a mercedes.

Whether he will ever win no8 remains to be seen (I doubt it). So like millions of others I will take today and the emotion of it all and enjoy it.

@Leg-End summed it up perfectly

That one was incredibly special, my word sometimes sport can just hit moments out of the park and that was one of them.
Oh I get the rationale for sure and of course it was a great drive but ...maybe I'm just dead inside.

I was not at all surprised Lewis Hamilton was overcome with emotion. For the most successful driver in F1 history to go 2 and a half years without a race win is bound to have been really difficult to deal with.

Nothing wrong with showing emotions. We tend to forget that these guys are human after all.

Must be hard on him. He should have won the last two races and stared to close the gap to max.

Terrible pitwall calls by mclaren today, not double stacking and not using new medium tyres.
It’s like they’re suffering from imposter syndrome in the garage, they have got the car and two quick drivers, they just need to sort out their strategy and pit calls.

Oh I get the rationale for sure and of course it was a great drive but ...maybe I'm just dead inside.
It's understandable it's not your driver. If it was max in a similar situation, I would be in your shoes probably and you in mine.

It's understandable it's not your driver. If it was max in a similar situation, I would be in your shoes probably and you in mine.
Fair enough. Though I've never been overcome with tears for anything sports so maybe I was raised part Vulcan or something. Either way I do think today was a great day for racing. Max can still only hope to approximate what Lewis has accomplished.

How do two posters in here manage to always show themselves to be absolute plums no matter what happens.

So happy for Lewis, such a time for a race win finally! Well done, he deserved it today, did very well.

Mclarens fecked up their race alone, Piastri decision was mind boggling, and Norris/Mclaren deciding to give Norris softs when they had new mediums was terrible. As someone said, Norris fecked up his pits where he lost 2,5 seconds too, he could potentially stay ahead of Max.

Ferrari are shite, Leclerc is in absolutely terrible form and only better than Perez in last few races, he is too slow and makes mistakes once again. Sainz the only one who deserves some respect and better car too, Mercedes are idiots if they don't try with him as there is no one better available anyway.

How do two posters in here manage to always show themselves to be absolute plums no matter what happens.

And yet here you are, the mod of this site who post here only to bitch about other people and do feck all contibution to the thread.

Leclerc was doing well until the premature pit stop.

He wasn't, he lost 6-7 seconds in the first lap when the rain started on softs before entering the pits. He is absolutely in terrible form.

Last edited:
Does Lewis not get on with Lando? The atmosphere in the cooldown room seemed a little frosty between them (no pun intended).

You gotta say Komatsu has done a great job with Haas this year, helped by some stellar driving from Hülkenberg. They could be 6th in the constructors before long. It's fun to see them among the top 7-8 teams without needing a bunch of DNFs from the favorites.

Who cares about practice bro

They were faster in the race as well. Max benefitted from two stops to get back into contention, when he was on the same tyres he was going backwards. Pretty much everything went his way today strategy wise. On pace alone he would not have won.

And not sure I'd you are aware but the damage from qualifying was fixed. Even from pole today I don't think max would have won.

McLaren tried their hardest to give him the win mind.

Does Lewis not get on with Lando? The atmosphere in the cooldown room seemed a little frosty between them (no pun intended).

I think he was just gutted about the decision to go to softs. If he had gone for hards he likely would have won. He also fecked up his pitstop by stopping in the wrong place.

Just caught up on the race there. I'm a Max fan but that was a brilliant race. Cars at the front are a lot closer now, so if they can just get rid of DRS we'll be back to near peak F1

Just caught up on the race there. I'm a Max fan but that was a brilliant race. Cars at the front are a lot closer now, so if they can just get rid of DRS we'll be back to near peak F1

I don't mind DRS, without it the races would finish in the same order every week and it'd just be a grid ordered by engine power. I just want them to get rid of the bullshit where you overtake someone with DRS and immediately have DRS again for the next time despite no cars being in front of you.

DRS is fake racing. Any racing without it is natural and real and was the case for decades before it came in.

I downloaded a VPN and F1TV app so I don't have to listen to Croft and his Switcheroos anymore and now that the front of the grid is tight again, if they can get rid of the fake overtakes F1 will be fully back to its best

Just heard Hamilton's interview. When did he develop this bizarre American accent he's got now?

Removing DRS and have mandatory 3 pitstops so they can fully use their tires without any management would be great. Without DRS in many situations drivers/teams would keep their place rather than spend their tires for one better position.

Wasn't able to watch the race (or the qualy) unfortunately but judging by the replies in here I should watch it back

It certainly was. Got emotional seeing Lewis and Bono on the podium together.

It’s like they’re suffering from imposter syndrome in the garage, they have got the car and two quick drivers, they just need to sort out their strategy and pit calls.

Their relative recent inexperience at the front showed I feel not being able to make the right calls under pressure. Much harder to do when you are not Mercedes/Red Bull who are used to it over the past decade or so.

The not double stacking was stupid and could have been done easily.

That being said I can remember more McClaren wrong calls on strategy and being out thought by another team since 2000ish onwards than I can them getting it right. Even a few of Hamiltons wins in 2008 felt like he won in spite of some daft calls.

Wasn't able to watch the race (or the qualy) unfortunately but judging by the replies in here I should watch it back
Yes you should. The less you know the better. But if you have been reading the replies then that is a forlorn venture.

Removing DRS and have mandatory 3 pitstops so they can fully use their tires without any management would be great. Without DRS in many situations drivers/teams would keep their place rather than spend their tires for one better position.

I don't see how going back to less overtakes is supposed to be exciting - we were all complaining about that a couple seasons ago.