F1 2024 Season

I would say Mercedes have no chance of landing max but if they keep being in with a chance of winning and RedBull keep giving away their car advantage, who knows.

Elephant in the room, what has happened to RedBulls blistering pace?
And perhaps even more pressing: how many more times will Max be lapping Checo before they finally had enough of that.

Is Perez still out there driving or does he realise the race has finished. Such a useless driver. Now a embarrassment.

Get in Lewis! So happy for him - been too long since his last race win.

Cooldown room always seems awkward when he joins though.

I would say Mercedes have no chance of landing max but if they keep being in with a chance of winning and RedBull keep giving away their car advantage, who knows.

Elephant in the room, what has happened to RedBulls blistering pace?
My take, they changed the concept too much and teams actually caught them doing incremental evolution on their original concept. Combined with Newey not contributing any longer (might be the most important anyway)

Still I think Max will be winning every two races and the other winners will be spread out between Merc Mclaren and occasionally Ferrari so can't see anyone else taking the WDC.

My take, they changed the concept too much and teams actually caught them doing incremental evolution on their original concept. Combined with Newey not contributing any longer (might be the most important anyway)

Still I think Max will be winning every two races and the other winners will be spread out between Merc Mclaren and occasionally Ferrari so can't see anyone else taking the WDC.
It would require McLaren and Norris to be flawless between now and end of season and win 80% of the races. Won't happen. I agree Max will win the WDC.

That one was incredibly special, my word sometimes sport can just hit moments out of the park and that was one of them.

That one was incredibly special, my word sometimes sport can just hit moments out of the park and that was one of them.
Felt the emotion of that one, a truly special win, what a great drive.

Landos been crying I think. He's gutted about the tyre call.

It probably hurts Lando even more that it was his home race he had such a strong chance of winning

Landos been crying I think. He's gutted about the tyre call.
Must be hard on him. He should have won the last two races and stared to close the gap to max.

Terrible pitwall calls by mclaren today, not double stacking and not using new medium tyres.

Wonder what Lewis is thinking wrt joining Ferrari after today's win.
He will want to fire the strategist team at Ferrari. Another huge clanger again.

Poor Leclerc. If Ferrari can fix their high speed proposing, the finishing order for top eight will be so hard to call at each Grand Prix

even the most ardent of max fans would admit that, that drive from lewis was the best ever.

Some of the brits sure are an emotional bunch. The amount of tears being shed at the track and online today seems wouldn't have been out of place on Oprah back in the day. :lol:

Britain's Got Talent is great for that too I noticed.

Some of the brits sure are an emotional bunch. The amount of tears being shed at the track and online today seems wouldn't have been out of place on Oprah back in the day. :lol:

Context. He was one lap away from his 8th WDC and retirement from the sport in 2021.

It's taken 2 and a half years to just cross that line once again. Something alot of us thought wouldn't happen in a mercedes.

Whether he will ever win no8 remains to be seen (I doubt it). So like millions of others I will take today and the emotion of it all and enjoy it.

@Leg-End summed it up perfectly

Oh yeah. :lol:

Surely Max's camp must be pushing to have him replaced. Max can't use a wing man who is two laps down from him in a gp.

Was a bit of a strange decision to give Perez a contract extension.
I have to say that I was extremely impressed with Max driving today. And his post race interview was measured and informative.

Context. He was one lap away from his 8th WDC and retirement from the sport in 2021.

It's taken 2 and a half years to just cross that line once again. Something alot of us thought wouldn't happen in a mercedes.

Whether he will ever win no8 remains to be seen (I doubt it). So like millions of others I will take today and the emotion of it all and enjoy it.

@Leg-End summed it up perfectly

Oh I get the rationale for sure and of course it was a great drive but ...maybe I'm just dead inside.

I was not at all surprised Lewis Hamilton was overcome with emotion. For the most successful driver in F1 history to go 2 and a half years without a race win is bound to have been really difficult to deal with.

Nothing wrong with showing emotions. We tend to forget that these guys are human after all.

Must be hard on him. He should have won the last two races and stared to close the gap to max.

Terrible pitwall calls by mclaren today, not double stacking and not using new medium tyres.
It’s like they’re suffering from imposter syndrome in the garage, they have got the car and two quick drivers, they just need to sort out their strategy and pit calls.

Oh I get the rationale for sure and of course it was a great drive but ...maybe I'm just dead inside.
It's understandable it's not your driver. If it was max in a similar situation, I would be in your shoes probably and you in mine.

It's understandable it's not your driver. If it was max in a similar situation, I would be in your shoes probably and you in mine.
Fair enough. Though I've never been overcome with tears for anything sports so maybe I was raised part Vulcan or something. Either way I do think today was a great day for racing. Max can still only hope to approximate what Lewis has accomplished.

How do two posters in here manage to always show themselves to be absolute plums no matter what happens.

So happy for Lewis, such a time for a race win finally! Well done, he deserved it today, did very well.

Mclarens fecked up their race alone, Piastri decision was mind boggling, and Norris/Mclaren deciding to give Norris softs when they had new mediums was terrible. As someone said, Norris fecked up his pits where he lost 2,5 seconds too, he could potentially stay ahead of Max.

Ferrari are shite, Leclerc is in absolutely terrible form and only better than Perez in last few races, he is too slow and makes mistakes once again. Sainz the only one who deserves some respect and better car too, Mercedes are idiots if they don't try with him as there is no one better available anyway.

How do two posters in here manage to always show themselves to be absolute plums no matter what happens.

And yet here you are, the mod of this site who post here only to bitch about other people and do feck all contibution to the thread.

Leclerc was doing well until the premature pit stop.

He wasn't, he lost 6-7 seconds in the first lap when the rain started on softs before entering the pits. He is absolutely in terrible form.

Last edited:
Does Lewis not get on with Lando? The atmosphere in the cooldown room seemed a little frosty between them (no pun intended).