F1 2024 Season

Does anyone watch the live F1 via the F1TV over a VPN? Sky have raised their prices again recently and my bill is stupid. All I use it for is F1.
Yeah I got a VPN and the F1 app. It's brilliant, it's actually revitalised the sport for me. I couldn't deal with the stupid three minute replay of the start at the exact same time every race regardless of what action we might be missing on track during it, and Crofty's commentating like he's talking to children drove me nuts.

F1 app is so much better, a big catalogue of old races all the way to the seventies as well is an added bonus

But he didnt really. He was well within his rights to focus on keeping the tyre on the rim and avoiding the full speed cars passing them both.

Norris got past 200m down the road and then his wild driving turned a slow puncture into a full blow out.
That's the way I saw it as well. Feels like Lando went into a bit of a rage and destroyed any chance of keeping his car alive.

Here is the interview transcript with Max btw which sounds pretty measured to me:

Max, I have to ask you first about moving in the braking zone and moving twice. Lando was complaining about it on the radio. So tell me, from your point of view, if you think you did or didn't.**

No, I mean, of course, from the outside, it's hard to see when I brake. I know, of course, that in the past, that has always been a bit of a complaint, but now I always move my wheel before I brake. And then, of course, you brake in a straight line trajectory or whatever. So that's always, you know, easy to say from the outside that I was moving on the braking, but I think the guy in the car knows best what he's doing.

**So even our ex Formula One driver, pundits think you moved under braking as well, even before the incident, then the incident happened, and you did get a penalty for causing that.**

So everyone can have their own opinion, but I'm the one driving, so I think I'm best in control. Let's say like that. And you know, everyone, like I said, they can have their own opinion, of course, from the outside, like I said, it's easy to judge and comment, but whatever it's it's what happens.

**So do you think it was a fair fight with Lando today?**

I mean, I felt like, you know, sometimes these dive bombs, you're so late on the brakes that, you know, one time went straight and one time I had to go around the the sausage, or whatever you call it, otherwise you would have touched as well. So I think it's also just the shape of the corner, which I say, provides these kind of issues sometimes. I mean, I've had it also the other way around. Is what it is. It's just never nice, of course, to come together.

**He said to me just now in the pen that if you apologise and admit what you were doing, he would gain some of the respect back that he feels he's lost for you during the race today. How would you react?**

It was just, I need to look back at why or how we touch. And, of course, we'll talk about it. It's just unfortunate that it happened, Max.

----

**Hey, Max, hard luck. Obviously, you never want to see races end like that. Just give me your view of that battle with Lando.**

Yeah, it's, of course, unfortunate stuff, stuff that you don't want to see happening. It's as simple as that. Of course I will look back at it because, I mean, of course, at the moment, it's easy to say stuff. I think it's better to look back at the footage of what exactly went wrong, because it was a bit of a, I would say, an awkward angle that we touched. Something that is very weird, and also for both of us to get a puncture with it. Yeah, really, really bad.

But we also did so many things wrong throughout the race that we put ourselves, you know, in a position like that. So those are also things that we have to look at to improve.

**I think both of you guys were saying throughout the race that you felt both of you were doing the right thing. I know you're good friends. Is the kind of thing you'll go away and talk about going forward?**

Yeah, of course, we'll talk about it at the moment. I think it's not the right point. It's better to let things cool off, I think ideally. But besides that, I'm more annoyed also, which is how the performance of the races and the mistakes that we made that normally we don't make.

All right, thanks Max

Yeah I got a VPN and the F1 app. It's brilliant, it's actually revitalised the sport for me. I couldn't deal with the stupid three minute replay of the start at the exact same time every race regardless of what action we might be missing on track during it, and Crofty's commentating like he's talking to children drove me nuts.

F1 app is so much better, a big catalogue of old races all the way to the seventies as well is an added bonus
who does the commentary for f1tv? i thought sky feed was the worldwide feed?

i presume you can watch the races live and full on demand catchup of the race?

im gonna have a serious look into it. screw sky prices.

I don't know who the lead commentator is but he doesn't explain what DRS means every race, never says "switcheroo", "lights out and away we go", or tries to makes rubbish jokes all race.

Coulthard is the co-commentator. You have the option to select the main feed commentary if you want but obviously you'd never do that.

The races on demand is brilliant as well. So if you have a busy Sunday you can just turn on the race whenever suits

Max has been given 2 penalty points on his super licence for causing the crash with norris.

Exact wording from stewards

"Car 1 [Verstappen] was approaching turn 3 with Car 4 [Norris] alongside on his left. Before turning in, the driver of Car 1 moved to the left, causing a collision with Car 4. The Stewards determine that the driver of Car 1 was predominantly at fault and therefore impose the above mentioned penalty in line with precedents."

I don't know why people call Max cnut because of his defending moves, if anything he defends brilliantly, it's the FIA that are inconsistent and not punish him or warn him enough because of that. All great drivers defended in similar manner, Sainz, Alonso, did it many times over these past two seasons and many applauded him for that. Many also criticised Leclerc and couple of others for not doing more of this.

Max has been given 2 penalty points on his super licence for causing the crash with norris.

Exact wording from stewards

"Car 1 [Verstappen] was approaching turn 3 with Car 4 [Norris] alongside on his left. Before turning in, the driver of Car 1 moved to the left, causing a collision with Car 4. The Stewards determine that the driver of Car 1 was predominantly at fault and therefore impose the above mentioned penalty in line with precedents."

Fair.

Alex Jaques.

Alex Jacques and Jolyon Parmer are the usual commentators, with Coulthard joining them at certain races

Yeah defend by hitting people, generational talent. It was shit then, it’s shit now, I’m glad the rest are finally catching on now it’s not a certain driver that won too much on the receiving end of it.

He’s called drivers ridiculous things on the radio, his main defence tends to be ignorance to his own mistakes and his own team back it, he’s genuinely got away with it for years.

What’s worse? He’s absolutely rapid, doesn’t need to be like it.

His defending is brilliant. Always been one of the things I appreciate most in drivers. Senna, Schumacher and Alonso the previous masters of the dark arts.

They need to punish the rash or unpredictable moves in the braking zone that create really dangerous situations. But the problem is the laws now over-police everything, and so are often not enforced, probably because stewards see moves that are now technically illegal but also examples of good racecraft. If Norris reacted to the subtle move towards him and avoided colliding rear tyres, there's no way Max ever gets penalised for it.
You need to take the rose tints off lad, you’ve always been biased in your post and yet again you post drivel time and time again.

Shocking levels of driving by Stappen - up there with his Saudi Arabia brake test on Hamilton which should also have been a DSQ. There's a leniency towards him there that I can't remember Schumacher or Senna being afforded With the stward.

And what did he get? 2 penalty points. He’s probably laughing about it on his sim racing stream as we speak.

Twice now I've seen people calling out anything remotely defending Max or at least trying to nuance the hate train as being biased - as if some of their comments are free of it.

Last edited:
And what did he get? 2 penalty points. He’s probably laughing about it on his sim racing stream as we speak.

bet he spends all his time on there crashing into teenagers and calling them the n-word.

Last edited:
Always the same mob on here going in two footed on anyone who doesn't think Max is the devil incarnated. Look at the outrage on here now. Max judged to be predominantly at fault by the stewards this time, fine, but when it's the other way around people on here will still blame him. Hamilton at Silverstone anyone? It's especially bad when there's a British driver involved. Any sort of normal discussion is impossible in such a case. Not a word about Norris' multiple divebombs today yet if it were Max that had done what he did people on here would be frothing at the mouth. The predominantly British press surrounding F1 are also far more inclined to stir up shite rather than provide a balanced view.

Truth is both drivers went over the edge today and both have received penalties. It remains to be seen if anything more will come of this for either driver. Max for blocking Norris after the crash, Norris for forcing Max off the track and/or continuing to drive a damaged car and spreading bits of said car around the track causing a VSC. For which Perez for example recently got a grid penalty for the next race. Personally I think it best if the FIA let it rest instead of pouring more oil on the fire.

Outrage :lol: Just calling him out for shit driving, driving he was penalised for by the way.

And just like Max fan Bingo, Silverstone gets a mention.

That “Just let me drive” is the most likeable thing I’ve ever heard from Russell.

Toto apparently started screaming right when Russel was breaking into a corner so no wonder he was pissed.

It was such a strange radio message though as surely he would've passed Lando and Max at that point, so he would've figured out he was in the lead anyway with just a few laps to go. I guess it's been a while since they were in a position to win a race so Toto probably blurted out "GEORGE YOU CAN WIN THIS!!!!" just from pure shock.

Outrage :lol: Just calling him out for shit driving, driving he was penalised for by the way.

And just like Max fan Bingo, Silverstone gets a mention.
Yeah don't mind calling any driver out but that's not what's happening here is it? It's toxic behaviour exactly like you're showing now spouting shite like "Max fan bingo" without engaging into any meaningful discussion. "Driving he was penalised for by the way", again, just a lazy comment. Norris was also penalised for what I called him out on :lol:

As soon as he's under pressure for a race win or more. Out comes the dirty cheating Verstappen of 2021. Moving under braking, then moving into Norris and causing the crash.

He has so much talent,no need to be so dirty.

Then with a puncture he tries to drive Norris off the track. Dirty fecker. Leopard never changes it spots does it?

Agree with all of this. Everyone in the media saying that he’s “matured” as a driver, but all he’s done is wipe out the silly crashes he used to have. His wheel to wheel defending is as clumsy/dirty as always, as soon as he comes under any real pressure.

Again, as usual, he expects anyone attacking him to leap out of his way in breaking zones, ruining their move and/or compromising their exit of a corner. Or they collide when they don’t yield & the outcome is a lottery.

It’s a shame it’s part of his racing DNA, as he’s got more than enough talent to win close races & championships without doing so.

His attempt to block Lando after the puncture was pretty mental though.

Funny to hear Max on the radio complaining when he's Mr Divebomb.

Yeah don't mind calling any driver out but that's not what's happening here is it? It's toxic behaviour exactly like you're showing now spouting shite like "Max fan bingo" without engaging into any meaningful discussion. "Driving he was penalised for by the way", again, just a lazy comment. Norris was also penalised for what I called him out on :lol:

At any point have I defended Lando? He’s not innocent in this race either and believe it or not just because he’s British I don’t particularly follow him, or Russell by the way. It’s not just a nationality thing, so you can park that.

None of what I have “spouted” is lazy or toxic, it’s fact. You literally mentioned Silverstone, Hamilton isn’t even involved in this yet it’s mentioned, it’s not a comparable move yet it’s mentioned. You know you can just admit Max was wrong here or does pointing that out just make it a “lazy comment”.

Verstappen has always been a reckless, dangerous cnut. Now his car isn’t a billion times better than everyone else’s and he has to compete a little, we see the leopard never changed his spots.

Max was a very naughty boy yesterday. He moved several times off his line whilst breaking against Norris and he also took Norris out to when they came together. He was feeling the pressure yesterday after the final pit stop and do the first time in a long time made some rather big errors. That’s still doesn’t mean he isn’t one of the greatest drivers to drive F1 car, but he still is only human.

Nah, my posts just contrast nicely with the furious hysteria we always see from the usual group whenever he does anything sub-perfect.

Max and Lando are my two favourite drivers, along with Alonso. Lando will be the next driver who wins the WDC and I'll be delighted whenever that happens. So there's no tint when I say that Max was technically at fault, but Lando drove pretty ragged and desperately in the two races this weekend and should have done better. Picked a smarter way to get past than the half a dozen dive bombs he tried over the weekend into the same corner.

Andrea Stella: "The entire population in the world would know who is responsible except for a group of people but the problem behind it is that if you don't address these things honestly they will come back. They have come back today because they were not addressed properly...

(Talking about 2021 Max v Lewis)

It’s a well known fact when Stappen under pressure he sticks his shoulders out and panicks a little. Since he won his first unofficial world title which will always have a * next to it Red bull have a lot of influence in the back ground. Giving Stappen 2 penalty points for a clear breach of weaver birding yet no disqualification of points whereas Lando walks away with nothing once again highlights that there’s still a problem behind the scene.

like I said though it’s not if but when Lando & Stappen fall out. Stappen not called Billy no mates for nothing. He‘l friend anyone when winning but when under the cosh he’d have his own mother over.

Agreed Lando got what it takes to be world champion and arguably the most liked driver on the grid. Reading passed post you do seem to have a liking for the bad boys :lol: So liking Lando bit of a surprise.

Anyway main event next week. In my dreams the result will be Hamilton/Lando/Russell :cool:

No he was not. He was penalized for track limits.

No he was not. He was penalized for track limits.
Exactly, after the black and white flag he dived down the inside again, missed the corner and overtook Max outside the track thus getting the penalty for track limits. Didn't get a further penalty because he was told to give the position back. Would probably have got another penalty for forcing Max off the track had he been able to continue.

Exactly, after the black and white flag he dived down the inside again, missed the corner and overtook Max outside the track thus getting the penalty for track limits. Didn't get a further penalty because he was told to give the position back. Would probably have got another penalty for forcing Max off the track had he been able to continue.
So he was not penalized for "dive bombing" or whatever you said? Norris made very poor overtaking moves yesterday, don't know why you need to invent alternate realities to support that point.

At any point have I defended Lando? He’s not innocent in this race either and believe it or not just because he’s British I don’t particularly follow him, or Russell by the way. It’s not just a nationality thing, so you can park that.

None of what I have “spouted” is lazy or toxic, it’s fact. You literally mentioned Silverstone, Hamilton isn’t even involved in this yet it’s mentioned, it’s not a comparable move yet it’s mentioned. You know you can just admit Max was wrong here or does pointing that out just make it a “lazy comment”.
It's not just a nationality thing but of course this does matter a lot on here. I'm literally getting replies on here going "You're Dutch eh?" just because I'm defending Max, or at least not blaming him for anything and everything like most on here. As if its not the same the other way around. I mentioned Silverstone because it's an obvious example of this. I have already posted that I'm fine with the penalty for Max, though I think it could easily be judged as a racing incident as these types of moves happen all the time, all drivers do it and it's hardly the moving under braking that we saw years ago when it was still allowed. Just take a look at this clip from last year when Max was in Norris' position and Max overtook Sainz. Sainz does exactly the same thing Max did, it's just Max dodged him and then overtook him.

So he was not penalized for "dive bombing" or whatever you said? Norris made very poor overtaking moves yesterday, don't know why you need to invent alternate realities to support that point.
Alternate reality eh? Had he not been divebombing he wouldn't have had the penalty for track limits, that's very real. He divebombs, goes off track as a result, gets a penalty for exceeding track limits.

This video shows the incident starting from 4:47, and directly after that it shows another dive by Lando where he barely manages to keep it on track and forces Max off. Somehow the British commentator manages to make it seem like Max was in the wrong there as well, you'd never have guessed :lol:

Last edited:
Lando forced Max off the track only 1 week ago in Spain at the start. In a more dangerous situation. But it didnt matter because it was hard racing and Max avoided contact.

And the video of Sainz doing the same thing last year shows how easy it should have been for Lando to avoid contact, switchback and get an easy overtake done, but for some reason he completely botched it.
What's your point? Norris was wrong and should have been penalized last week too.

verstappen expects gaps to be left and drivers to go out of their way to accommodate him and his race when he overtakes, and he expects the same when he’s defending. he’s like the kid with the ball at school, and he’s the only one allowed to take the penalties or score any goals. if anyone else does, he takes his ball and leaves.

he’s a phenomenal driver but he’s a massive twat. defending him or his actions doesn’t help him. he would massively benefit from leaving red bull, but i’m not sure his ego will ever let him admit he did something wrong. so going to a team with racing standards might be off the cards.

verstappen expects gaps to be left and drivers to go out of their way to accommodate him and his race when he overtakes, and he expects the same when he’s defending. he’s like the kid with the ball at school, and he’s the only one allowed to take the penalties or score any goals. if anyone else does, he takes his ball and leaves.

he’s a phenomenal driver but he’s a massive twat. defending him or his actions doesn’t help him. he would massively benefit from leaving red bull, but i’m not sure his ego will ever let him admit he did something wrong. so going to a team with racing standards might be off the cards.

Raised by Jos and Horner, married to the old racist cnut's daughter, he didn't stand a chance of avoiding being a thundercnut. If he did leave Red Bull, you might find that like Vettel he becomes a bit of a legend. I won't hold my breath though.

I think it was a combination of him being a bit childish, but also of him not dealing with his anger about the last pit stop because he also made several other errors we haven’t seen him make for quite a while now.