F1 2024 Season

Saturday
The weather for the F1 Grand Prix qualifying at Silverstone on Saturday is expected to be partly cloudy with a lower chance of rain, around 24%, The temperature will be around 17°metric.

Sunday
There is a chance of rain, with forecasts indicating a possibility of showers around race time1. The weather could be quite changeable, with both rain and sunny spells expected.

What great timings from McLarens and Hulk.

Lower drag working for McLaren and Haas

Packing my bag for tomorrow at the track. I've either nailed it or I've gone super over the top cautious.

Yeah I have to agree, even though I wasn't around when Senna was racing, I read a lot about him after watching his documentary, and even wrote an essay for my SATs on Senna. I don't see any difference between the somewhat prat-ish demeanour Max shows at times vs how Senna behaved when things weren't going his way and even Schumi was like that sometimes. I'd say even Lewis and Alonso had that side to them sometimes and so did Prost. I think this kind of thing is par for the course when you're a competitive racing driver, I don't hold anything against Max (or anyone else on the paddock including Lando) for doing stuff like this, I personally enjoy it. Senna and Prost blatantly took each other out of races to win championships on two occasions, this was Max's fault last weekend but it was nowhere near as bad as those Senna-Prost incidents.

At the end of the day, Schumi, Lewis, Seb and Max should and will join those all time greats with no asterisks to their names - I don't personally see the point in trying to have a GOAT debate around the likes of Senna, Fangio, Sir Jackie etc. along with these newer drivers like we do with other sports, because F1 has evolved so much. All were great drivers who mastered their craft during their eras.

Also on this particular incident with Max, Peter Windsor (who's not a Max fan or anything) makes a great point about how the racing line in this specific corner in Austria, can tend to push you a bit wide. I'd chalk this down to a bit of racing even though it is still Max's fault, rather than some kind of pattern with Max - It'd be the same if any other driver did this, as I think Sainz did to Max last year?

I realise this reply is a bit late but I don't see seb in the same light as Schumacher and Lewis personally. He's probably the level below all time greats.

We had an insane downpour (for England anyway) in the early hours of this morning in Northampton. Hopefully it didn’t go anywhere near Silverstone for the poor buggers camping.

Screenshot-20240706-094705.png

We had an insane downpour (for England anyway) in the early hours of this morning in Northampton. Hopefully it didn’t go anywhere near Silverstone for the poor buggers camping.
From another forum

"Heavy rain overnight too from the posts in the camping pages."