F1 2024 Season

Lando had a penalty Max should’ve let him past.
It’s a good point. No way Lando was going to sail off 5 seconds up the road, especially considering DRS would have kept Max close. It’s the same hot headedness we saw when he last had competition. He consistently makes rash and dubious decisions when he’s being challenged.

Max was totally at fault there, it's embarassing that anyone is questioning Norris there. Also Lando was right about the incidents before, he shouldn't be allowed to move there when breaking, he did it couple of times.

Lando is an idiot for giving the position back first time because Max's defending was nothing better after that first overtake either.

Shame about Lando's race.
No he wasn't. There were one or two incidents where he might have had a point but Lando was in the wrong himself several times. Max dodged his torpedo move once and got forced off by another torpedo move after that. Norris probably would have got another penalty for that had he not been out of the race moments later. The crash itself looks like a racing incident having rewatched it several times now, though I can see why Max deserves a penalty for his hot headed behaviour afterwards by blocking Norris.

McLaren team boss is livid and making his feelings clear. Max’s moves were never handled properly in the past. Until something is done - it will happen again.

This is part of the problem with RBR drivers, it’s the equivalent of bad parenting, there’s no accountability there so they carry on wing little shits, it was the same with Vettel but he changed when he moved to Ferrari.

They're professional adults. I can't imagine a worse employer than one that tries to parent you.

Max was totally at fault there, it's embarassing that anyone is questioning Norris there. Also Lando was right about the incidents before, he shouldn't be allowed to move there when breaking, he did it couple of times.

Lando is an idiot for giving the position back first time because Max's defending was nothing better after that first overtake either.

Shame about Lando's race.
Both at fault if you are being honest

C'mon now- every team does this.
Nope it's my theory behind every no1 RBR being a bellend, you can expect them to stick up for their driver in front of the media but someone needs to give him a talking to behind closed doors but it will never happen when you have got Horner and Helmut in your corner.

McLaren team boss is livid and making his feelings clear. Max’s moves were never handled properly in the past. Until something is done - it will happen again.
Yeah totally agree with said comments, how/why does Stappen always come out on top with the officials though? :mad:

Norris to @SkySportF1 "Will the friendship between me and Max end? 1 don't know, it will depend on him and how he explains the race: if he claims he's in the right it will be over, if he admits he did something stupid then I'll understand."

Didnt expect Lando to be so melodramatic either, but he was already on the comms during the race as well. Hope this is just emotions talking bc if that's a reason to end a friendship :confused:

It's pretty easy to stop, as it's just moving under braking and turning into other cars but they've not stepped on it hard enough (or at all really). The blocking and moving into Norris afterwards is new for him but I suspect there will be a pretty harsh penalty for that as it's dangerous and not linked to racing.

The blocking and moving into Norris afterwards is new for him but I suspect there will be a pretty harsh penalty for that as it's dangerous and not linked to racing.

There wont be, because he had a puncture.

No he wasn't. There were one or two incidents where he might have had a point but Lando was in the wrong himself several times. Max dodged his torpedo move once and got forced off by another torpedo move after that. Norris probably would have got another penalty for that had he not been out of the race moments later. The crash itself looks like a racing incident having rewatched it several times now, though I can see why Max deserves a penalty for his hot headed behaviour afterwards by blocking Norris.
This is a totally unbiased take, oh yes, no bias here at all, none whatsoever.

It's pretty easy to stop, as it's just moving under braking and turning into other cars but they've not stepped on it hard enough (or at all really). The blocking and moving into Norris afterwards is new for him but I suspect there will be a pretty harsh penalty for that as it's dangerous and not linked to racing.
The blocking and driving in the middle of the track with the blown tire seemed really dangerous and needs looking at

Does anyone watch the live F1 via the F1TV over a VPN? Sky have raised their prices again recently and my bill is stupid. All I use it for is F1.
Yeah I got a VPN and the F1 app. It's brilliant, it's actually revitalised the sport for me. I couldn't deal with the stupid three minute replay of the start at the exact same time every race regardless of what action we might be missing on track during it, and Crofty's commentating like he's talking to children drove me nuts.

F1 app is so much better, a big catalogue of old races all the way to the seventies as well is an added bonus

But he didnt really. He was well within his rights to focus on keeping the tyre on the rim and avoiding the full speed cars passing them both.

Norris got past 200m down the road and then his wild driving turned a slow puncture into a full blow out.
That's the way I saw it as well. Feels like Lando went into a bit of a rage and destroyed any chance of keeping his car alive.

Here is the interview transcript with Max btw which sounds pretty measured to me:

Max, I have to ask you first about moving in the braking zone and moving twice. Lando was complaining about it on the radio. So tell me, from your point of view, if you think you did or didn't.**

No, I mean, of course, from the outside, it's hard to see when I brake. I know, of course, that in the past, that has always been a bit of a complaint, but now I always move my wheel before I brake. And then, of course, you brake in a straight line trajectory or whatever. So that's always, you know, easy to say from the outside that I was moving on the braking, but I think the guy in the car knows best what he's doing.

**So even our ex Formula One driver, pundits think you moved under braking as well, even before the incident, then the incident happened, and you did get a penalty for causing that.**

So everyone can have their own opinion, but I'm the one driving, so I think I'm best in control. Let's say like that. And you know, everyone, like I said, they can have their own opinion, of course, from the outside, like I said, it's easy to judge and comment, but whatever it's it's what happens.

**So do you think it was a fair fight with Lando today?**

I mean, I felt like, you know, sometimes these dive bombs, you're so late on the brakes that, you know, one time went straight and one time I had to go around the the sausage, or whatever you call it, otherwise you would have touched as well. So I think it's also just the shape of the corner, which I say, provides these kind of issues sometimes. I mean, I've had it also the other way around. Is what it is. It's just never nice, of course, to come together.

**He said to me just now in the pen that if you apologise and admit what you were doing, he would gain some of the respect back that he feels he's lost for you during the race today. How would you react?**

It was just, I need to look back at why or how we touch. And, of course, we'll talk about it. It's just unfortunate that it happened, Max.

----

**Hey, Max, hard luck. Obviously, you never want to see races end like that. Just give me your view of that battle with Lando.**

Yeah, it's, of course, unfortunate stuff, stuff that you don't want to see happening. It's as simple as that. Of course I will look back at it because, I mean, of course, at the moment, it's easy to say stuff. I think it's better to look back at the footage of what exactly went wrong, because it was a bit of a, I would say, an awkward angle that we touched. Something that is very weird, and also for both of us to get a puncture with it. Yeah, really, really bad.

But we also did so many things wrong throughout the race that we put ourselves, you know, in a position like that. So those are also things that we have to look at to improve.

**I think both of you guys were saying throughout the race that you felt both of you were doing the right thing. I know you're good friends. Is the kind of thing you'll go away and talk about going forward?**

Yeah, of course, we'll talk about it at the moment. I think it's not the right point. It's better to let things cool off, I think ideally. But besides that, I'm more annoyed also, which is how the performance of the races and the mistakes that we made that normally we don't make.

All right, thanks Max

Yeah I got a VPN and the F1 app. It's brilliant, it's actually revitalised the sport for me. I couldn't deal with the stupid three minute replay of the start at the exact same time every race regardless of what action we might be missing on track during it, and Crofty's commentating like he's talking to children drove me nuts.

F1 app is so much better, a big catalogue of old races all the way to the seventies as well is an added bonus
who does the commentary for f1tv? i thought sky feed was the worldwide feed?

i presume you can watch the races live and full on demand catchup of the race?

im gonna have a serious look into it. screw sky prices.

I don't know who the lead commentator is but he doesn't explain what DRS means every race, never says "switcheroo", "lights out and away we go", or tries to makes rubbish jokes all race.

Coulthard is the co-commentator. You have the option to select the main feed commentary if you want but obviously you'd never do that.

The races on demand is brilliant as well. So if you have a busy Sunday you can just turn on the race whenever suits

Max has been given 2 penalty points on his super licence for causing the crash with norris.

Exact wording from stewards

"Car 1 [Verstappen] was approaching turn 3 with Car 4 [Norris] alongside on his left. Before turning in, the driver of Car 1 moved to the left, causing a collision with Car 4. The Stewards determine that the driver of Car 1 was predominantly at fault and therefore impose the above mentioned penalty in line with precedents."

I don't know why people call Max cnut because of his defending moves, if anything he defends brilliantly, it's the FIA that are inconsistent and not punish him or warn him enough because of that. All great drivers defended in similar manner, Sainz, Alonso, did it many times over these past two seasons and many applauded him for that. Many also criticised Leclerc and couple of others for not doing more of this.

Max has been given 2 penalty points on his super licence for causing the crash with norris.

Exact wording from stewards

"Car 1 [Verstappen] was approaching turn 3 with Car 4 [Norris] alongside on his left. Before turning in, the driver of Car 1 moved to the left, causing a collision with Car 4. The Stewards determine that the driver of Car 1 was predominantly at fault and therefore impose the above mentioned penalty in line with precedents."

Fair.

Alex Jaques.

Alex Jacques and Jolyon Parmer are the usual commentators, with Coulthard joining them at certain races

Yeah defend by hitting people, generational talent. It was shit then, it’s shit now, I’m glad the rest are finally catching on now it’s not a certain driver that won too much on the receiving end of it.

He’s called drivers ridiculous things on the radio, his main defence tends to be ignorance to his own mistakes and his own team back it, he’s genuinely got away with it for years.

What’s worse? He’s absolutely rapid, doesn’t need to be like it.