F1 2023 Season

Assuming that's after the light have gone out.

They're just gonna release a statement that the white line is meant for the center of the tire and everyone else has been doing it wrong for the past 73 years.

I mean he is definitely too far forward. But 5s penalty and he would end up where? Like 5-7th? There’s no way they’ll do it. Because it’s Max.

F1 is hilarious, any criticism and they pretend it didn’t happen.

Audio faded down as soon as the drivers start talking about the red flags in the cool down room.

F1 is hilarious, any criticism and they pretend it didn’t happen.

Football is worse. The FA give out bans for criticising decisions. Although I take your point onboard for the commentators, you can tell they don’t want to say anything negative.

I have been watching some eSports lately (CS). I think it’s a better spectator sport than Formula1 now. It’s a shame.
I have always loved F1. Been watching since i was 8-9 years old. But the last 2-3 seasons with all these red flags has just made me not care as much.
Yeah I'm feeling the same. After 30 years of watching it, I'm losing interest.
This is the second race in a row I've turned it off halfway through after 30 years of never doing that.
The childlike commentary from Croft really gets to me as well

Just imagine in last red flag restart, LH had overtaken Max and then stewards decided to give back the positions.

Is there a reason they don’t do rolling starts after a red flag, similar to what we get after a SC?

Is there a reason they don’t do rolling starts after a red flag, similar to what we get after a SC?
Historically rolling starts have always been looked upon as inferior. (Indy 500 and a lot of other great races have no problem doing it though).

I have been watching some eSports lately (CS). I think it’s a better spectator sport than Formula1 now. It’s a shame.
I have always loved F1. Been watching since i was 8-9 years old. But the last 2-3 seasons with all these red flags has just made me not care as much.

If you like racing the gt3 series are starting now and all are free on YouTube. Decent racing and the cars look great as its all audi, porcshe, merc, ferrari, mclaren etc. Some races happening this weekend.

So according to the paid mouthpieces Verstappen's tire didn't have any part of the contact patch infront of the white line. Hence it's fair.

As I said, they've all been doing it wrong for 73 years!

(Fecking clowns. The lot of them).

So according to the paid mouthpieces Verstappen's tire didn't have any part of the contact patch infront of the white line. Hence it's fair.

It was just on F1 live. It wasn't to far and also Mercedes didn't bother to do anything over it which means they also think it's not something to complain over.

Its been that way. Its about the part of the tires that are in contact with the surface

I actually didn't have a problem with how they handled the whole restart situation at the end there, unlike several people on here clearly, by the sounds of what everyone was saying on sky, experts and team personnel, it was the right way according to the rules to restart and finish the race.

Having a red flag so close to the end, I can understand people having an issue with it alright, but I don't really. After the shit show at the end of 2021 I think going with a red flag so close to the end of a race is a good call. It avoids all the crap that happened at the end that race in Abu Dhabi happening in the future, plus it gives the fans who have paid alot of money to go to these races the finish to the race that they deserve......well until sainz fecked it up by causing mayhem and forcing another red flag :lol:

Its been that way. Its about the part of the tires that are in contact with the surface
Ah I forgot about the RB tire where the part that touches the tarmac isn't the middle.

FssZgtYXgAA7k5V

Seems like Lewis' criticism of the tyre warmer ban has been vindicated then with both Max and 'Nando criticising the FIA for having the teams restart on cold tyres.

Wow didn't see the race as it was so early, but my superbru points were shocking!

Hopefully the same for everyone else not that I'm competitive :lol:

Looks like the race was potentially very interesting! Of course that happens when most of us can't see it live, will want to watch it, hopefully in full, later. Anyone know if it'll be added to now TV on demand?

The problem with red flag restarts is following the safety car round at a crawl on brand new tyres. Clearly can't be done like that any more because it just means a grid full of cars with no grip. At least with a formation lap they get a bit more space to put some heat in.

Quite right.

Dear John Elkann, Give Ferrari to Allegri ‘til the end of the season (and Binotto to Juve for the laugh).

I mean, that restart was potentially good thing for Hamilton, but Max did well at the start(his positioning helped there too). Two of the best drivers of the day(Sainz and Gasly), made a complete mess after the second restart and only have themselves to blame tbf.

Red flags for those incidents were ridiculous though, especially the first one. How difficult is to clean the surface while the cars go around 40-50mphs every few minutes? It's hardly the toughest job in the world. Pulling the red flag because of safety only to restart the race later from standing start - which itself is probably the most dangerous part of F1 anyway.

Why weren't Alpines moved back to fourth and fifth if Alonso stayed third? Which position was Alonso before the red flag/after the Alpines incident?

They couldn't make a standing start for the second one because there is always one lap before the start without racing , and that always counts as part of the overall race lap count and they were already at lap 58. So it wouldn't be possible.

So is every incident/retirement going to be a red flag now? Talk about completely ruining the sport If that's the case

Mental race. Max got the deserved win.

Feel for Gasly even though I don't actually like him that much. He had a mega race and got screwed by a red flag that never should have happened.

Assuming that's after the light have gone out.

It wasn't after lights out. However Toto and Sam Collins have both confirmed Max was within limits and did nothing wrong.

Essentially he just used every possible mm of his grid box. So just very good positioning in the end.

Also as we know the sensor didn't go off either.

I mean he is definitely too far forward. But 5s penalty and he would end up where? Like 5-7th? There’s no way they’ll do it. Because it’s Max.

You are actually incorrect. Toto even confirmed it. Try not spread false info so much.