F1 2023 Season

Unless they force Max on old tyres I don't see the Abu Dhabi comparisons?

(Also let this decide the championship. It's great to see that after 18 months of fecking about, talking out of their arse and being arrogant shitpringles, FIA haven't changed at all).

Feck it, just throw Russell, Leclerc and everyone else back in and let’s restart it.

Everyone making these decisions need to stop being such cowards and just let races finish under a safety car. So what if it's not a grandstand finish, it's the correct way it should go

You can’t reset the positions and pretend the crashes never happened. What kind of shit is this.

everyone that was fine with 2021 asked for this.

I suppose by the rules:

If they crossed S1, they do this final lap under safety car in current positions.

If they did not cross S1, then they revert to original positions and then do the lap. But presumably those who didn’t make it back to pits on own accord can’t rejoin.

If race times out then original positions from before restart including those who crashed would be the final position?

So, basically; Alpine lose out on points because of an accident that didn’t officially happen.

Clowns.

It’s not even about finishing under safety car.

You don’t need a red flag to remove gravel. You don’t need a red flag to remove bits of a front wing.

The safety car is literally designed to enable tracks to be cleared of debris safely.

None of this needed a red flag
Don't know what you got from what I said there but for once I agree with you

I suppose by the rules:

If they crossed S1, they do this final lap under safety car in current positions.

If they did not cross S1, then they revert to original positions and then do the lap. But presumably those who didn’t make it back to pits on own accord can’t rejoin.

If race times out then original positions from before restart including those who crashed would be the final position?
This reminds me of the great times when racers used to run back to the pit to get the T car ahead of their teammates before restarts. Glad we finally have defined working routines for this sort of thing. That used to be a circus.

There will be appeals after the race and they will bring back the results from the lap 56. Pretty sure.

I suppose by the rules:

So looks like the middle option?

Im so confused. I fell alseep with like 15 laps to go, what's going on :lol:

Why even bother restarting it, just confirm the order pre restart

Not doubting they’ve gone by the rules, but that rule is shocking.

The crashes happened, the crashed cars are out, but those effected still on track get to keep their place. Makes zero sense logically.

First intelligent thing Ted has said in a while