F1 2023 Season

Yeah, that was nothing.

Slow driving under SC was very suspsicious though, not a lot has been said about that incident, we almost had multiple crashes.

At the time I said it was on the edge but fair and I still think that but I can see where Max is coming from. Max was ahead at the apex and Lewis didn't leave him enough room to stay on the track properly. Max had to go over the kerbs to avoid contact because he didn't want another Silverstone. Lewis himself has forced the FIA to clarify these situations and Max has gotten penalties for similar "offences" in the past. Back then it was often Lewis pulling out to avoid the collision, knowing he had the faster car. Now the tables have turned and the FIA has to be consistent. Either allow overtaking like this or don't.

At the time I said it was on the edge but fair and I still think that but I can see where Max is coming from. Max was ahead at the apex and Lewis didn't leave him enough room to stay on the track properly. Max had to go over the kerbs to avoid contact because he didn't want another Silverstone. Lewis himself has forced the FIA to clarify these situations and Max has gotten penalties for similar "offences" in the past. Back then it was often Lewis pulling out to avoid the collision, knowing he had the faster car. Now the tables have turned and the FIA has to be consistent. Either allow overtaking like this or don't.
Max often did not get penalties for these types of incidents.

Absolutely nothing in that Lap 1 overtake, surprised it’s even talked about

Just got round to watching the race. Utter farce yet again from FIA. This stupid desire not to have races finish under a saftey car causes carnage, again. They are never gonna learn are they? Abu Dhabi 2021 should be all the lessons they needed.

Really disappointing how poor ferrari are. Mercedes are suprising, especially since they are gonna to bin off parts of their car in a few races time.

Max breezing past hamilton with DRS and then pulling out a 2 second gap in four corners was pretty mental. Its going to be interesting to qatch RB have to try to artifically "slow" their cars down, because if they dont they know the rules will be changed to technically slow them down for next season.

Just got round to watching the race. Utter farce yet again from FIA. This stupid desire not to have races finish under a saftey car causes carnage, again. They are never gonna learn are they? Abu Dhabi 2021 should be all the lessons they needed.

Really disappointing how poor ferrari are. Mercedes are suprising, especially since they are gonna to bin off parts of their car in a few races time.

Max breezing past hamilton with DRS and then pulling out a 2 second gap in four corners was pretty mental. Its going to be interesting to qatch RB have to try to artifically "slow" their cars down, because if they dont they know the rules will be changed to technically slow them down for next season.

Surely you can just either let the other teams copy them or perhaps if the DRS is too effective just make the DRS zones much shorter or something. It's already an artificial feature of the racing really so why not just tweak it?

Legged it back to airport to make their flights id guess. It was a long race.
Looked like Red Bull and Aston Martin were there to congratulate their drivers. And it was Mercedes' first podium of the season so it's not like they had nothing to celebrate. Maybe I'm reading into it too much but I find it a very strange situation.

Ted Kravitz mentioned that FIA want RedBulls no1 superfan (no not @hobbers or @laughterassasin), michael masi back in F1 to help out the current race director.

How out of touch are they (FIA) as an organisation?

I would of like them to see them finish under green. There was no point for the final restart if they weren't going to race.

Ted Kravitz mentioned that FIA want RedBulls no1 superfan (no not @hobbers or @laughterassasin), michael masi back in F1 to help out the current race director.

How out of touch are they (FIA) as an organisation?

Ted Kravitz needs to shut the feck up. Literally on the broadcast flaming Masi hatred and Crofty is left there trying to remind the clown that Masi is an actual person and the bullshit he’s had to put up with from rabid Hamilton fans is an absolute disgrace. Masi is currently working for V8 Supercars and doing a great job. He is entitled to be at the track and in the paddock as much as anybody. He’d certainly have done a far better job than the clown yesterday did.

Perhaps commentators should focus more on what they are paid to do than airing their personal grievances with particular individuals.

Ted Kravitz needs to shut the feck up. Literally on the broadcast flaming Masi hatred and Crofty is left there trying to remind the clown that Masi is an actual person and the bullshit he’s had to put up with from rabid Hamilton fans is an absolute disgrace. Masi is currently working for V8 Supercars and doing a great job. He is entitled to be at the track and in the paddock as much as anybody. He’d certainly have done a far better job than the clown yesterday did.

Perhaps commentators should focus more on what they are paid to do than airing their personal grievances with particular individuals.
Dont care what masi does as long as he doesnt return to F1.

A rare Masi defence! I agree though the abuse does need to stop…..but the guy has no right to be back in F1.

Meh for some stating the truth is abuse these days. Masi should feck off to wherever he doesn't hear it if he can't handle it, and so should anyone else calling for others to shut up about it. Having responsibility means that your actions have consequences. Anyone who takes a role in the public eye with that much responsibility will need to accept that their actions will be discussed in perpetuity (In fairness I didn't hear him complaining, then again this post is the extent of time of day I have for him).

Prediction League - Standings after Round 3
image.png

Meh for some stating the truth is abuse these days. Masi should feck off to wherever he doesn't hear it if he can't handle it, and so should anyone else calling for others to shut up about it. Having responsibility means that your actions have consequences. Anyone who takes a role in the public eye with that much responsibility will need to accept that their actions will be discussed in perpetuity (In fairness I didn't hear him complaining, then again this post is the extent of time of day I have for him).

You cool with people sending people death threats? Weird take but ok.

how about just getting rid of DRS fullstop

Would be nice. Reduce the aero and move back to mechanical grip and it wont be needed anymore. The 'racing' produced by it isn't really racing at all, its like a cheat button on a video game, which feels like the target audience for F1 at the moment.

Lewis had nothing to do with Crashgate if anything they would disqualify Renault from the race giving Hamilton 6 more points

Its nothing against hamilton, more than max mosley and bernie knew crashgate was done deliberately during the 08 season before hamilton was crowned as champion.

To avoid a scandel and protect the sport they decided not to do anything. Sound familar?

"...At the time, Massa led calls for the FIA to cancel the result of the Singapore GP, but the governing body’s statutes made that impossible as the classification from each season is set in stone under the International Sporting Code once the FIA Awards ceremony is complete.

Furthermore, the FIA’s investigation into the events of Singapore did not uncover any evidence that suggested Alonso and the wider Renault team knew of the crash plan or assisted in its execution, so the governing body felt it would have been unfair to change the result.

However, Massa thinks there are grounds to review things once again in the wake of recent comments from Ecclestone suggesting that he and the FIA were aware of the rules breach before the end of the 2008 season – within the time when action could have been taken to alter the result.

In an interview with the F1-Insider website last month, Ecclestone said he and then FIA president Max Mosley knew of the situation “during the 2008 season”.

He added: “We decided not to do anything for now. We wanted to protect the sport and save it from a huge scandal. That's why I used angelic tongues to persuade my former driver Nelson Piquet to keep calm for the time being.

“Back then, there was a rule that a world championship classification after the FIA awards ceremony at the end of the year was untouchable. So Hamilton was presented with the trophy and everything was fine.

“We had enough information in time to investigate the matter. According to the statutes, we should have cancelled the race in Singapore under these conditions.

“That means it would never have happened for the championship standings. And then Felipe Massa would have become world champion and not Lewis Hamilton...”

Basically according to another team, RedBull turned the engines down by 10 bhp for australia GP.