F1 2023 Season

Farce continues with Sainz penalty.

Maybe they are going back a lap?

5 second pen for a lap that didn’t officially happen.

Ted was spot on

Completely deserved pen for Sainz. Terrible mistake at the end of a decent race for him.

They won’t actually restart. They’ll drive round in safety car cross the line and be done.
Yes, but on what basis do they do that now and didn't do it last restart? What's the difference? Race was stopped under red on both occasions...

(It was a rhetorical question. FIA is once again pulling the rules on beads from their arse).

This whole thing makes no sense whatsoever.

If Sainz gets a penalty, then the grid order should remain the same surely at the time of the red flag (not saying that's how it should end, saying that penalty is a joke). It just doesn't make sense how any of this is working.

With everything that is happening, should honestly just restart with 2 racing laps remaining again

Yes, but on what basis do they do that now and didn't do it last restart? What's the difference? Race was stopped under red on both occasions...

(It was a rhetorical question. FIA is once again pulling the rules on beads from their arse).
Preaching to the choir mate. I don’t think there’s anyone, no matter who you support, in this thread who thinks the FIA have any idea what they’re doing.

On a side note I was going to fudge some decent points on predictor with Max, Alonso, Stroll and Ocon all in exact places. And 8/10 top 10 right. But alas… now I’m totally fecked.

Who’s gonna do a Magnussen a la the last SC restart when he nearly wiped out numerous cars, especially knowing that if you’re within 5s to Sainz you’re scoring points.

Hulkenberg podium denial is the story of his career, close but no cigar.

On a side note I was going to fudge some decent points on predictor with Max, Alonso, Stroll and Ocon all in exact places. And 7/10 top 10 right. But alas… now I’m totally fecked.
My predictions are all fcked.

Preaching to the choir mate. I don’t think there’s anyone, no matter who you support, in this thread who thinks the FIA have any idea what they’re doing.
I just want everyone to understand that it has been like this for the past ~4 years and nearly every decision is akin to WWE. And the WDC won under WWE conditions will never be the same.

Sainz should let everyone past if overtaking isn’t allowed just to give them another headache.

I just want everyone to understand that it has been like this for the past ~4 years and nearly every decision is akin to WWE. And the WDC won under WWE conditions will never be the same.

aye. the large penised among us saw this as the main issue with 2021. it was always bigger than max v lewis, it was about meddling in a “sport” to derive outcomes. you accepted it then, you’re part of this now.

Will this be investigated.

FssT15zXgAIxwM1.jpg

It’s probably just the angle, sensors would make that an auto pen if it was the case I think

Well they both will obviously, as will all drivers presumably. But Max’s words, and Alonsos and Sainzs, wont be smoothed over by a PR team. They are going to eviscerate the race director over this.

Alonso got massively lucky, so he’d do well to show some humility.

I have been watching some eSports lately (CS). I think it’s a better spectator sport than Formula1 now. It’s a shame.
I have always loved F1. Been watching since i was 8-9 years old. But the last 2-3 seasons with all these red flags has just made me not care as much.