F1 2023 Season

10-place penalty confirmed for Sainz
We knew it was coming, but the FIA have now made it official that Carlos Sainz will get a 10-place grid penalty for Sunday's race.
That's because he's fitted a third energy store of the season, exceeding the permitted two.

This is hilarious. They're doing everything they can to make it as bad as 2005 and we're still only on practice sessions. Vegas is turning into a big nail in the coffin for F1.

I'm looking forward to Martin Brundle's gridwalk on Saturday/Sunday :lol:

Fred not having the interviewers and Toto's attempts to still provide positive PR coverage for Vegas. Ridiculous questioning so fair on him.

Fair fecks. Is this day and age it's out of the norm to not blow smoke where it has been asked to be blown

They have raised minimum pressures overnight which will probably reduce grip. The length of DRS zone has been increased by 50m overnight as well.

Stroll given five-place grid penalty
Not great news for Lance Stroll ahead of qualifying...
The Aston Martin driver has been given a five-place grid penalty for the race after overtaking Carlos Sainz under double waved yellow flags during final practice

Ocon overtook Verstappen after they both started their laps. Vertappen then overtook him back into T1. Both laps ruined.

I just realized i fecked up BIG time, instead of Leclrec, I had put Sainz on pole. WTF.:lol::lol:

I didn't see the entire lap, but what Max did in that first corner was clear racing and closing the line - hence not fair thing to do in qualifying.

Finally a chance for Leclerc to win a race?