F1 2023 Season

F_CMnPIXwAAttRj
I watch some of it, well skipped though it, what I saw was cringe.
I agree with Max it was a joke, they could not even get names right when announcing them.
I can see the trophy presentation being even worse
Vegas being Vegas.

Drive the car, stop moaning etc....oh yeah sorry it was Max that said it, in that case Super Max!

Anyway all I care about is will all the temporary construction be gone by the time I get to Vegas in 3 weeks?

It's been one of the most boring seasons on record, nothing is on the line, coming somewhere a bit whacky is just about the only interesting thing left before they finish up in a characterless desert.

That being said the track layout looks awful, the only interesting thing will be the Sphere.

Clutching the straws. As someone pointed out in another forum

Guess it’s more like someone called Johnny Pitlane shooting sixty people dead in Trafalgar Square 5 years ago, and then not using the phrase pit lane during a London GP which goes past the site.

Still a bit silly, but not as silly as the G&S comparison.

Fernando telling it it like it is :devil:

Zoome in Alonsos face:

GG4EIuT.jpg

yeah, i really feel for them, having to sit down in a car seat for an hour an a half, basically every other week. i do that amount of driving every day and i’ve often thought about what a hero i am.

I know people that work different hours every week. Middle of the night some week, middle of the morning the next, whatever the next. When they make mistakes peoples lives are at risk.

Jet lag sucks but to use it to shxt on other professions is truly detached from reality.

yeah, i really feel for them, having to sit down in a car seat for an hour an a half, basically every other week. i do that amount of driving every day and i’ve often thought about what a hero i am.
rimando telling it how it is

I know people that work different hours every week. Middle of the night some week, middle of the morning the next, whatever the next. When they make mistakes peoples lives are at risk.

Jet lag sucks but to use it to shxt on other professions is truly detached from reality.

He was joking.

Shame this is on at silly o clock in the morning, if the temperature is going to cause carnage. Will be more interesting than the usual procession.

What UK time is qualifying and practices so I can plan my prediction?

As an aside has anyone seen the documentary on Brawn on Disney Plus? Just taken out a subscription for a month to watch it

Shame this is on at silly o clock in the morning, if the temperature is going to cause carnage. Will be more interesting than the usual procession.

What UK time is qualifying and practices so I can plan my prediction?

As an aside has anyone seen the documentary on Brawn on Disney Plus? Just taken out a subscription for a month to watch it
8 am BST Qualifying
6 am BST Race

Really enjoying the Brawn documentary, it's really interesting seeing all the politics and how much trouble they were in that season

Also didn't realise how close FOTA teams came to breaking away from F1. Big teams too

They wouldn't have done the Chinese GP nowadays would have been deemed too wet...

There seem to be more crashes

The drivers look so vulnerable in the cars - no halo and the bodies of the cars seemed to break apart more easily

Up to Masa's accident, didn't it play a key part in bringing the Halo in?

So many tracks no longer on the calendar too. Several different winners too

Up to Masa's accident, didn't it play a key part in bringing the Halo in?

So many tracks no longer on the calendar too. Several different winners too
Its questionable whether a halo would have prevented the Massa incident since it was a lose flying part that hit him in the head - though of course there is a chance it would have deflected it.

I've always understood though it's the Bianchi accident that really forced its implementation.

Its questionable whether a halo would have prevented the Massa incident since it was a lose flying part that hit him in the head - though of course there is a chance it would have deflected it.

I've always understood though it's the Bianchi accident that really forced its implementation.

Ah that's interesting, I'm guessing it would have shielded him better/stopped before he was impacted if it was rigid enough to withstand it. The drivers look so exposed without it watching the old footage

On a separate note, I don't think Button would have won the title that year if points scoring was the same as today. Would be interesting to see

Edit - just looked it up and he would according to this

Ah that's interesting, I'm guessing it would have shielded him better/stopped before he was impacted if it was rigid enough to withstand it. The drivers look so exposed without it watching the old footage

On a separate note, I don't think Button would have won the title that year if points scoring was the same as today. Would be interesting to see

Edit - just looked it up and he would according to this

“oooh verstappen is the best ever” on 0 titles. pathetic.

From what I remember it was Henry Surtees death that got the halo train going and Bianchi's possibly gave the final push?