Erik ten Hag vs Sancho | Sancho back in full training

Status
Not open for further replies.
How hard is it to say

“Sorry gaffer, I shouldn’t have made the post. I should have come to speak to you first because I wasn’t happy with you saying I wasn’t selected because of my training performance. What have you seen in training that you’d like me to do differently so I have more of a chance of being selected next time?”

How hard is it to say

“Sorry gaffer, I shouldn’t have made the post. I should have come to speak to you first because I wasn’t happy with you saying I wasn’t selected because of my training performance. What have you seen in training that you’d like me to do differently so I have more of a chance of being selected next time?”

Fair enough, likewise EtH could have said Sancho wasn't part of match day squad because of some minor knock.

I'm most angry at Sancho for him to now be forcing me to support Real Madrid in a Champions League final. I feel used and dirty and will only feel better if Sancho does some massive screw-ups in the game, leading to multiple goals.

Sorry Dortmund fans....I would have been on your side but that childish spoilt brat has pushed me into a corner!

Fair enough, likewise EtH could have said Sancho wasn't part of match day squad because of some minor knock.
But then he’d be lying and what stops Sancho posting:

“Please don't believe everything you read! I will not allow people saying things that is completely untrue.

"I’m not injured. I believe there are other reasons for this matter that I won't go into.

"I have been a scapegoat for a long time which isn't fair! All I want to do is play football with a smile on my face and contribute to my team.”

Unfortunately Sancho hasn’t got the humility and self awareness to see how he can benefit long term from an apology like I outlined above. He could apologise for the post, assert himself by telling the manager he wasn’t happy with how he was p spoken about publicly and also show he’s open to resolving the issue long term so that he plays more.

Sancho was crap for us since day one. A ridiculously over paid player and a ridiculous transfer fee.
I just hope Utd sell him this summer and get him off the books completely. Should never have bought him and Dortmund must think Uts are the gift that keeps giving, buy him, lend him back and still pay a substantial amount of his wages.
What a feck up.

“Please don't believe everything you read! I will not allow people saying things that is completely untrue.

"I’m not injured. I believe there are other reasons for this matter that I won't go into.

"I have been a scapegoat for a long time which isn't fair! All I want to do is play football with a smile on my face and contribute to my team.”

Unfortunately Sancho hasn’t got the humility and self awareness to see how he can benefit long term from an apology like I outlined above. He could apologise for the post, assert himself by telling the manager he wasn’t happy with how he was p spoken about publicly and also show he’s open to resolving the issue long term so that he plays more.

Sancho posted that because EtH said he picked squad based on training performance. Which isn't bad thing to say but If you expect different reaction from player then manager can also learn a thing or two about man management.

Manager lying? Do you think they swore to speak only truth? If EtH said it was minor knock, nothing of this sort would have happened.

As is, i don't care this happened. EtH did what he thought was the best move and Sancho did what he thought was best. No point being so blinded and take sides. Both of them should go for same reason.

There's a lot to question about ETH, but this isn't one of them. His man management with both Sancho and Rolando were spot on imo. They both deserved exactly what happened to them. ETH provided an off-ramp for Sancho to get back in the team, and he chose not to do it. ok then, bye.

Sancho posted that because EtH said he picked squad based on training performance. Which isn't bad thing to say but If you expect different reaction from player then manager can also learn a thing or two about man management.

Manager lying? Do you think they swore to speak only truth? If EtH said it was minor knock, nothing of this sort would have happened.

As is, i don't care this happened. EtH did what he thought was the best move and Sancho did what he thought was best. No point being so blinded and take sides. Both of them should go for same reason.
Ten Hag has done many things wrong. But this isn’t one of them.

As for the bold
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jurgen Klopp would of done exactly the same with Sancho. He's a busted flush anyway. ETH has won more with than him in the past two seasons.

Ten Hag has done many things wrong. But this isn’t one of them.

As for the bold
:lol: :lol: :lol:

He didn't do wrong, likewise as per Sancho he didn't. If you expect some different answers from Sancho, then you should also expect different answer from EtH. You guys are so blinded by EtH love, it's unreal.

Both of them are shit, should leave
Not really difficult to understand.

He didn't do wrong, likewise as per Sancho he didn't. If you expect some different answers from Sancho, then you should also expect different answer from EtH. You guys are so blinded by EtH love, it's unreal.

Both of them are shit, should leave
Not really difficult to understand.
I think there is a difference between what Ten Hag said and how Sancho reacted.

Sancho was unprofessional.

Any manger needs to be able to make these comments and maintain standards without that reaction. This isn’t about Ten Hag more culture in general. Sancho chose a stupid way to address a grievance and has shown immaturity and fixed mindset.

I think there is a difference between what Ten Hag said and how Sancho reacted.

Sancho was unprofessional.

Any manger needs to be able to make these comments and maintain standards without that reaction. This isn’t about Ten Hag more culture in general. Sancho chose a stupid way to address a grievance and has shown immaturity and fixed mindset.

What would have happened if EtH said minor knock was the reason?

What would have happened if EtH said minor knock was the reason?
See above.

So he would be lying, that's your reason?
No im saying there’s nothing to say Sancho wouldn’t also be weirdly offended and post just a slight variation.

It’s not like he doesn’t have previous for having these issues.

No im saying there’s nothing to say Sancho wouldn’t also be weirdly offended and post just a slight variation.

It’s not like he doesn’t have previous for having these issues.

Thats a stretch and completely out of character to act like a weirdo for saying player had a minor knock.

Thats a stretch and completely out of character to act like a weirdo for saying player had a minor knock.
I mean he acted like a weirdo over the training bit soo….

Im not going to excuse poor behaviour here. What if Sancho had done what I’d suggested then what?

I mean he acted like a weirdo over the training bit soo….

Im not going to excuse poor behaviour here. What if Sancho had done what I’d suggested then what?

Do you think minor injury and training not up to the mark are same?

Like I said, you guys act so weird to worship manager that you throw away all sense of logical thinking.

Do you think minor injury and training not up to the mark are same?

Like I said, you guys act so weird to worship manager that you throw away all sense of logical thinking.
Are you going to answer my question first and then I’ll happily answer yours? Or are you going to ignore my question.

I am far from a fan of Ten Hag’s after hearing his Overmars comments so I suggest you quickly adjust your view of my opinion if that is what you think is influencing it.

I can't believe some still defend Sancho in this when you literally have examples of his behavior through both Dortmund and England. :wenger:

Are you going to answer my question first and then I’ll happily answer yours? Or are you going to ignore my question.

I am far from a fan of Ten Hag’s after hearing his Overmars comments so I suggest you quickly adjust your view of my opinion if that is what you think is influencing it.

Your question? It doesn't make any sense, that question.

Regarding second part, yeah i believe that. "I'm not fan of EtH and want him gone but I will do all mental gymnastics to defend him with all possible senseless excuses".

I can't believe some still defend Sancho in this when you literally have examples of his behavior through both Dortmund and England. :wenger:

It's not defending Sancho, it's discussion on whether this all could have been avoided with better press handling skills.

It's not defending Sancho, it's discussion on whether this all could have been avoided with better press handling skills.
All of this could have been avoided if Sancho stopped acting the petulant child, issue an apology and vowed to be a better professional instead of crying murder all over his socials.

Or better yet he could have just done the bare minimum as a professional footballer at an elite club and turned up to training on time and trained to a standard expected for players at this level.

No, at least I can't think of a way to phrase that in a way so that Sancho saves his face in it (which he obviously wants). At least not in a way, that a bunch of fans won't misquote that and understand it differently than he intends.

Not sure he saves much face by being frozen out of the squad and leaving the club in ignominy.

Maybe he does in his own head, but it’s to the detriment of his career if he doesn’t sort out a transfer this summer.

If Sancho was playing anywhere even remotely close to the level he'd shown before he came to United he may have gotten away without apologizing. As it happened he was the shits so he wasn't worth the trouble once he started causing problems.

All of this could have been avoided if Sancho stopped acting the petulant child, issue an apology and vowed to be a better professional instead of crying murder all over his socials.

Or better yet he could have just done the bare minimum as a professional footballer at an elite club and turned up to training on time and trained to a standard expected for players at this level.

Or if EtH knew how to handle press. He didn't have to tell the truth, he can handle the situation more tactfully saying vague answers like minor knock.

Since few are struggling, I will make it clear. Sancho made mistake and acted like twat. Saying that EtH could have handled this better. It's not black or white.

We’ve seen managers cover-up with that line before, only to have the player say it’s not a fitness issue. Considering how Sancho’s behaved I wouldn’t put it past him. He’s not injured, he wants to play, why wouldn’t he come out and say something like that?

^^^
I’ll just say it’s a real shame he holds those views and it’s something I’m really struggling to accept or put to one side because of the history my close family and friends have with those kinds of matters, the impact they’ve had and the loss we’ve suffered as a result of those kinds of issues.

Trying to make sense of that emotion within the context of something you try to enjoy as a release isn’t easy so I’d appreciate not being pushed on this any further.

I appreciate that won’t be everyone’s view hence park the discussion, enjoy the win and let’s leave this thread for lighter discussion.
Your question? It doesn't make any sense, that question.

Regarding second part, yeah i believe that. "I'm not fan of EtH and want him gone but I will do all mental gymnastics to defend him with all possible senseless excuses".
Seeing as you’re struggling to understand my view and how it’s changed see above.

The question for you is had Sancho said:

Where would we be?

I don’t believe Ten Hag said anything any other manger wouldn’t also have said at some point or worst about players.

Look at Garnacho and his reaction.

Or if EtH knew how to handle press. He didn't have to tell the truth, he can handle the situation more tactfully saying vague answers like minor knock.

Since few are struggling, I will make it clear. Sancho made mistake and acted like twat. Saying that EtH could have handled this better. It's not black or white.
Granted Ten Hag could have been more discrete in his evaluation of the situation, but its not like he willingly made those statements unprovoked. He was constantly pestered by the press as to why Sancho didn't make the squad.

Seeing as you’re struggling to understand my view and how it’s changed see above.

The question for you is had Sancho said:

Where would we be?

I don’t believe Ten Hag said anything any other manger wouldn’t also have said at some point or worst about players.

Look at Garnacho and his reaction.

Ffs so dramatic, why will Sancho apologize if in his point of view he didn't make any mistake.

Since we are fan of hypothetical scenario that doesn't make sense, what if Sancho did what you said and EtH said "feck off and shove your apology where sun doesn't shine eh".

Granted Ten Hag could have been more discrete in his evaluation of the situation, but its not like he willingly made those statements unprovoked. He was constantly pestered by the press as to why Sancho didn't make the squad.

Press asked him once and he made that statement.

At least you agreed that things could have been handled better, that's all I'm saying. Not that Sancho isn't some idiot and right. Or it's all on EtH.

Ffs so dramatic, why will Sancho apologize if in his point of view he didn't make any mistake.

Since we are fan of hypothetical scenario that doesn't make sense, what if Sancho did what you said and EtH said "feck off and shove your apology where sun doesn't shine eh".
You haven’t read the apology properly then. If he doesn’t think his post isn’t ok then he’s a twat. Surely you see this isn’t a normal reaction to a minor comment?

You also won’t answer the question so I think we’ve taken this as far as we can until you’re ready to be open to the fact Sancho is responsible for his behaviour and that blaming everyone else or suggesting it’s Ten Hag’s fault he got that reaction just creates a completely unmanageable culture.

:lol:

If he doesn’t think calling his manager a liar on social media is wrong then he’s an idiot.

Him owning up to that, if only to get his United career back on track, makes way more sense than EtH going against his word when Sancho does what is asked of him.

The mental gymnastics some people engage in on Sancho’s behalf… astounding.

You haven’t read the apology properly then. If he doesn’t think his post isn’t ok then he’s a twat. Surely you see this isn’t a normal reaction to a minor comment?

You also won’t answer the question so I think we’ve taken this as far as we can until you’re ready to be open to the fact Sancho is responsible for his behaviour and that blaming everyone else or suggesting it’s Ten Hag’s fault he got that reaction just creates a completely unmanageable culture.

It's a minor comments to you, but for Sancho it's calling out his training performance in the press. Culture doesn't mean worshipping manager and going with 'my manager does no wrong".

It's simple that you are so close minded that you don't even entertain the idea that EtH could have said something else without giving soundbyte for press

Sure, he could have lied to us. And, to be fair, most of the time managers do tell fibs to ensure they don't unsettle their players. They'll tell us very different things to what they tell the players behind closed doors.

But, ETH has worked with Sancho for well over a year now. Sancho has had his chances. ETH gave him special treatment last year, sent him to the Netherlands to try and help him and whatever his issues were.

However, there comes a point were enough is enough. It seems like Sancho has let him down. Vidic came out lately and said Sancho was frequently late for training. I've no idea how bad the issues is, in my mind he probably stays up until about 5am playing FIFA, and comes in late to training, knackered (as I said, it is just a presumption, but I'd love to know exactly what the problem is with him).

Sancho has been poor for us. There have always been questions about his attitude, not just at Man Utd. He had a good semi final in the Champions League for Dortmund, but I don't think his entire time at Dortmund since returning has been a flying success? But, it was inevitable that as long as he didn't play rubbish in the semi final, the media was going to pick up on that fact, and push the narrative "Sancho is an excellent player, and the problem is Man Utd and ETH".

I'd love to think Sancho could come back to Man Utd, be amazing, help win us the league and be in with a shout of winning the Balon D'Or. In reality, that probably isn't going to happen. I think he'll continue to have issues with his attitude and work ethic, and just be a really poor influence on other players. I'd rather have a winger who has bang average quality, but an absolute 100% determination to work hard and fight for every challenge (even better if we have a quality player who can do that). Maybe Sancho is just better off at a club where the media attention is less, the expectations are not quite as high and he doesn't need to be the star player. Maybe that is the type of club he is just better suited at, and he'll play with a bit more freedom?

:lol:

If he doesn’t think calling his manager a liar on social media is wrong then he’s an idiot.

Him owning up to that, if only to get his United career back on track, makes way more sense than EtH going against his word when Sancho does what is asked of him.

The mental gymnastics some people engage in on Sancho’s behalf… astounding.

At least read the conversation from the start to understand the context of the posts instead of making yourself look silly with nonsense.

Of course it could have been. Some people are masters of treating people differently and keeping a group to the same standards, but it's not an easy thing to do. In the same vein could this not have been avoided if he just had some thicker skin about mild criticism? It's not like he's particularly shown anything to suggest he should be immune from this sort of criticism, so I don't think the onus falls solely on Ten Hag to handle the situation better.

Status
Not open for further replies.