Erik ten Hag vs Sancho | Sancho back in full training

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's great that the club resolved the issue like a proper top club. The hag, fans, and club were behaving like it was high school.

Pragmatism all around. The club knows we paid too much. His value has dropped. His wages are silly. Hopefully, he's grown up and will have a point to prove. I'm not sure what Ten Hag said but Sancho's argument is believed to have been "beans, beans, beans,.....

Amad should just go then. He's not going to get enough opportunities with Antony, Sancho and Garnacho who can all play RW and are on a shit load of cash. Plus I don't think ETH likes him that much. Shame because I do.
If he's good enough then he'll play. If the others are not performing and still starting over him then ETH, being on the short leash he is on, will be sacked and he gets a chance under a new manager.

It's great that the club resolved the issue like a proper top club. The hag, fans, and club were behaving like it was high school.

Whereas the player responsible was the very picture of maturity and professionalism?

He's probably back in training as per contract, if he refuses I'm sure it's gross misconduct and liable for sack etc etc... so imo hes training for his wages?
I still think there looking to sell him , can they bury the hatchet the two of them and move on? They could I suppose but If so that should have been sorted months ago... I'd rather he went anyway..
He absolutely does not need to train with the first team for him to get his wages. He did not train with the first team for months last season.

He let the club down last year, regardless of your stance on who was right between them. Refusing to apologise and basically going on strike until he got his move. We need to get rid of these characters.Clearly not a buyer there and a loan makes no sense now. Can anyone genuinely see this working out this season?

Maybe that manager power is slightly going from Hag. Whilst Glazers have Hag a free rein, we now have a board who decide who and who does not leave.

Hmm I don't love this. It makes me feel like no one was willing to pay up and we couldn't have such a hug paid player in the sidelines. I hope I'm wrong and he did apologise and that they buried the hatchet. Still think the most likely scenario is that he's sold or loaned again. I don't expect great things from him regardless.

Hope this is primarily for strengthening our position in the transfer market, and not truly a path to a starting spot for Sancho.

1. He is not good enough to be a long term starting winger. He may have a lot of potential, but is one of those players whose mentality will never let them reach it. 9 invisible games before a 10th one where he looks sublime is why we failed with Pogba.
2. Being better than Antony is the lowest possible bar, and not what our standards should be. Antony himself should be shipped out. I'd rather we tried Amad to see if there's a top player there.
3. His very presence on the pitch undermines an already undermined manager. Sets a terrible example for how to behave when faced with criticism, given how he has still not apologized for his unprofessionalism. Why should younger players coming through accept criticism when the alternative is a loan to CL clubs whose PR team works for you before being integrated back next season for the very manager, club, teammates, and fans you publicly disrespected?
4. His wages are too bloated to not cause discontent in the squad. Sends the wrong message for what we wish to reward going forward.
5. Weakens our bargaining position with disrespectful/want-away players going forward, starting with Sancho himself.

A leopard never changes its spots. Sancho had plenty of second chances, he does not deserve any more at United. Hope the whole stadium boos him every time he plays for us this season.

Right course of action. Hopefully the manager knows better than singling players out after losses, moving forward

Right course of action. Hopefully the manager knows better than singling players out after losses, moving forward

Ten Hag didn't single him out after a loss. He was asked after a loss why Sancho hadn't been picked, and he said because others had trained better.

We later learned that what actually happened, was that during training Sancho had been asked multiple times to press properly and had refused to even attempt to do so. Eventually he was told he could either press properly or he was welcome to leave the pitch, to which he opted to walk off.

This is the same guy we saw half arsing sit ups last summer when he knew the cameras were on him, letting us only imagine the standard of his training when he's not being filmed. The same guy who has arrived late for training multiple times, at multiple clubs, because he likes staying up late playing computer games. A guy who the manager had used his personal connections to send over to Holland during the previous season, sacrificing him from the squad at a crucial time in the campaign, so he could get his head right.

This is the guy you are opting to back over the manager of the football club. These are the standards some of you want to encourage.

Ffs

He needs to be moved on. Shit attitude for a shit player.

He won’t be playing and will soon be throwing a strop again.

If ETH can forgive and maybe even forget, then fans should do the same. And at least Sancho is better than Pellistri.

Good to hear, but Sancho has really let down the club and the fanbase. Time to work hard and put in some effort.

Why all the hate? He didn't shit on club like Diva no7, he isn't sick bastard like Greenwood, he didn't said anything against club or teammates, he didn't refuse to play. He felt insulted (right or wrong) because manager said what he said and fought back.

Quality wise; he is a good player. So, what is the problem exactly?

It’s never Sanches fault.

It’s the bad captain (Bruno), bad fullbacks (Wan-bissaka, Telles), bad managers (Ole, Eth), bad positions (LW, RW, CF), bad club (United)

Still…Welcome back Sancho. Best of luck in all the games you play for the club

I see 1594 minutes for Sancho for club last season, 3 goals & 2 assists. Garanacho has 3033 minutes for club with 10 goals and 4 assists. This seems better for the latter to me.

What stats show Sancho is better?

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/346300/Show/Jadon-Sancho

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/437022/Show/Alejandro-Garnacho

I meant while Sancho was actually playing here and if you double Sanchos minutes it’s really close and everyone loves Garnacho

I can see Sancho and Rashford having good seasons now.

Status
Not open for further replies.