Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

NLunited

I‘m not sure what to make of these developments. Hake seems tough and Ruud is no cupcake either (stubborn Dutch bastard too).

Maybe it‘s been decided more discipline is needed in training.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
That will have some of our lot running for cover
Or players just respond back through their social media and PR team. Then they're just sitting on the bench with their outrageous wages, or forcing a loan. Waiting for the manager to get sacked, and voila.. a new clean slate with the new manager.

Rinse and repeat.

FortunaUtd

I can understand some scepticism after the season we just had, but the amount of posters that seem to be absolutely sure that nothing will improve next season is baffling. No mid-season takeover, young players improving and adding players to the squad should help, and the odds that we'll have a season-long injury crisis are low. If we don't see any improvement, or not enough, then ten Hag should go - that goes without saying. I believe that, given the right signings and departures, we should be at a much healthier place than last season and we should see the results of that on the pitch. ten Hag is a good coach, last season was a statistical anomaly in his career so far. I'm content with giving him a chance to rectify last season.
It is very generous of you to allow for 'some scepticism' coming off the worst PL season in our history. Indeed it is quite possible that something will improve next season - circumstances like injuries will likely be better -, but we will not need some improvement, but some massive improvement from the shitshow we've been seeing last season in order to even reach the bare minimum (top 4) that our club should be reaching. And there, the reasonable amount of scepticism regarding Ten Hag's ability to deliver is quite substantial.

Kirk lazarus

I'm sure ruud will have a bigger remit than that
Why ? I mean he might , but it looks straightforward that a striker coach with that remit is not having his contract renewed , so there's a vacancy for that post , unless you think the other guy is going to be the striker coach ?

Rockets Redglare

Why ? I mean he might , but it looks straightforward that a striker coach with that remit is not having his contract renewed , so there's a vacancy for that post , unless you think the other guy is going to be the striker coach ?
Ruud isn’t going to give up the chance to manage Burnley to be a striker coach.

Gfooty

Actually, joke or not, i agree with @Unam333 . I am all for yelling in general to make a point but screaming at someone (and throwing insults at him) is a no go. If i was that player, no way i would let them (managers) do that shit. Guy is an idiot.

Imagine your boss at work doing that to you. Would you be ok with it? Football is not an army, ffs.
These clowns make millions and get away with doing the utter bare minimum or even less. A screaming or two is justified

(Obv referring to the Sancho's of the world here)

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Because he managed PSV for a season and won a cup. He's obviously not joining us to be limited to mentoring strikers.

Kirk lazarus

Ruud isn’t going to give up the chance to manage Burnley to be a striker coach.
I doubt there is a massive difference , between giving up the opportunity to manage Burnley to be a coach underling or an assistant coach underling .

You're saying he wouldn't do that ? I don't think you know . Not everyone is the same. McKenna walked away from it ( Ralf rated him apparently ) to go and manage in league 1 . Yet ruud is turning down a higher job position to come here in a much lower role .

I suppose the next thing that will gain traction once repeated enough will be , ten hag is keeping the seat warm for him .

I mean I love a conspiracy as much as the next guy , but sometimes the answer is in front of you .

lex talionis

Oh great, more Dutch coaches...
I would have Ruud over any other striker coach in the world. Maybe there's a brilliant one out there we've never heard of, but Ruud is no pussywillow when it comes to getting the job done...whatever the job is. Splitting logs in Scandinavia, wrestle alligators in Louisiana, or bringing down the Taliban once and for all, unleash the Dutchman.

And if he's the immediate stand in manager in the event ETH has to be sacked, why not?

Remember the geese

I was dead serious. We're in the year 2024 now. You can't do that, ever. Hopefully you don't have a boss who humiliates you in front of your co-workers and in front of the cameras.
You can. The trick is to know when to do it and when not to. Being nicey nice gets you nowhere. You think that Pep and Klopp are all smiles when things aren't working?

Remember the geese

Actually, joke or not, i agree with @Unam333 . I am all for yelling in general to make a point but screaming at someone (and throwing insults at him) is a no go. If i was that player, no way i would let them (managers) do that shit. Guy is an idiot.

Imagine your boss at work doing that to you. Would you be ok with it? Football is not an army, ffs.
This is competetive sport. It isn't a normal industry. Sure, things are a bit different now in 2024, but there's still a place for tough love. The top managers know how to make their players tick. That isn't always 'an arm round the shoulder'.

Vidooq

We do have some snowflakes in our team, so seeing how everything comes ahead between new assistant coaches and some of the players will be interesting.

welshwingwizard

I doubt there is a massive difference , between giving up the opportunity to manage Burnley to be a coach underling or an assistant coach underling .

You're saying he wouldn't do that ? I don't think you know . Not everyone is the same. McKenna walked away from it ( Ralf rated him apparently ) to go and manage in league 1 . Yet ruud is turning down a higher job position to come here in a much lower role .

I suppose the next thing that will gain traction once repeated enough will be , ten hag is keeping the seat warm for him .

I mean I love a conspiracy as much as the next guy , but sometimes the answer is in front of you .
I think he's saying Ruud would only come for a larger coaching role. Not that there is some long term conspiracy for him to get the job as soon as ten hag inevitably screws up.

And I agree. Not only because if would be a huge drop from managing PSV to being just a striker coach. But also I don't think be has ever been a striker coach. He seems to have coached youth teams. INEOS talked about getting the best in for all roles. Why don't we get the best striker coach who has actually been a striker coach. Just because he was a world class striker doesn't mean he would be a world striker class coach.

NLunited

It's time someone stood up for the Dutch, they've been harshly treated.

It's like the Dutch would say "Mijn billen bevatten pindakaas."
Never heard a Dutch person say that, but I‘m adding it to my vocabulary for sure. It might come in handy.

SecondFig

I‘m not sure what to make of these developments. Hake seems tough and Ruud is no cupcake either (stubborn Dutch bastard too).

Maybe it‘s been decided more discipline is needed in training.
So we're going from Bad Cop/Bad Cop in ETH and Van der Gaag, to Bad Cop/Bad Cop/Bad Cop/Bad Cop... Well that'll help detoxify the dressing room

SecondFig

That's the spirit. Creating a scenario in your head to get annoyed about.
:lol: I'm not annoyed - just curious what the thinking is, and it was a chance to make a bad joke.

I'm delighted Ruud is coming in - but honestly, just because I liked him as a player. Don't know enough about his coaching to know if he'll improve things. The other guy I know even less about, other than he can do a decent hairdryer...

Judas

Open to offers
:lol: I'm not annoyed - just curious what the thinking is, and it was a chance to make a bad joke.

I'm delighted Ruud is coming in - but honestly, just because I liked him as a player. Don't know enough about his coaching to know if he'll improve things. The other guy I know even less about, other than he can do a decent hairdryer...
That's the spirit!

croadyman

You can. The trick is to know when to do it and when not to. Being nicey nice gets you nowhere. You think that Pep and Klopp are all smiles when things aren't working?
Yeah much as I hate to give them credit they know how to motivate without coming across too critical

Red Comet

Hate that Hake guy already. Such an a-hole coach, humiliating that guy in front of the camera. Dude was crying as well. You can't treat people like that, ever.

Edit:
Saw other videos and this guy was constantly swearing and screaming his head off. A real leader (and in this case a coach) doesn't need to scream to make his point.
Man Utd fans: The likes of Sancho, Rashford, JLingz are too soft, lack discipline, doesn't stand up to be counted when the going gets tough etc. Ole is too soft on them that's why he failed.

Also Man Utd fans: Hake is such as asshole.