Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
What a stupid situation we are in now. Well done everyone who pressured the club to keep him on. This was clearly coming from a mile away.

I simply cannot understand his insistent to play Rashford when he doesn't contribute to any threat. It seems he will protect Rashford at all cost hoping he will somehow repay his faith then he will say I told you so. We know Casemiro is done at this level, Liverpool has a game plan where there are multiple players surrounding Casemiro knowing that they can easily pressure and nick it. Again our manager defended Casemiro in his post match interview. 2 goals assisted from the left shows how bad Dalot is playing on the left yet Erik has no choice since his preferred LB is out. How about the keeper that you buy? How many save did he make? Could we even make it more interesting to lost in the last 10 mins? For god sake, do you know other formation to nullify Liverpool's attack? I think if Ole is still the manager, I am sure we would have more shots at goal.

I expected him to be gone after the FA Cup final because the football before that was truly abhorrent, and after today I’m now adamant that he should go.

How is it a fat Aussie at Spurs, a kid at Brighton and a similarly bald Dutch man at Liverpool able to get their styles of play coming through in no time, yet ETH is still struggling in his third season with hundreds of millions spent.

He is a Liverpool fan who is choosing to play a long game of WUMing on Redcafe. @Danny_ used to post openly as a LFC fan and then when Moyes took over decided to start pretending to be a United fan, with his only posts being in LVG/Moyes/Mourinho/Ole and now Ten Hag threads, telling everyone to be patient and not be knee-jerk etc. It's quite bizarre behavior and the sad part is he must be in his 30s by now considering how long he has been registered here.
This is absolutely insane behaviour… but part of me respects the commitment to the cause.

The fact that a Liverpool fan spends his days as a sleeper agent on a United forum whose sole aim seems to be keeping ETH in his job should really raise some questions about how good of a Manager he is.

I expected him to be gone after the FA Cup final because the football before that was truly abhorrent, and after today I’m now adamant that he should go.

How is it a fat Aussie at Spurs, a kid at Brighton and a similarly bald Dutch man at Liverpool able to get their styles of play coming through in no time, yet ETH is still struggling in his third season with hundreds of millions spent.
Yup. EtH is quite frankly a fraud. He’s way too fecking stubborn and should have been sacked ages ago. A fecking 90 year old would do a better job managing us.

Interesting, so its not the coaching but the players? From Todays lineup, only Dalot, Rashford and Bruno were players he either didn't buy or promote (Mainoo). The bench had only Maguire that he wasnt involved in bringing in.

So whos fault is it that we don't have a squad good enough for top 6?
You have to remember the new long term contracts given out to Bruno and Rashford in his time here, it was his decision to build his team around them and make them undroppable rather than phase them out.

Do you think the Klopp name-drop just happened by accident?

Non-argument. Change is always made for the sake of change. Very much doubt anyone here has the qualifications or proximity necessary to provide substantial insight into “good replacements” we could have lined up. It’s a bad faith argument often used to frame the idea that Ten Hag would be hard to replace - that notion cannot be substantiated based on performances and results he has presided over.

We are football fans, however, and we can see managers with less resources playing decent football. We can see managers instilling styles in smaller time windows. We can see managers making smaller clubs resilient and at times competitive.

The whole “Any suggestions for a new manager then? A real name” routine is very disingenuous and see-through. The next steps in the conversation usually translate to some version of the people that want to stick with this guy trying to poke holes at whatever suggestions and “2 trophying” people to death.

Ten Hag wouldn’t be hard to replace, I’m sorry.

The bit in bold is an entirely false statement. Change can, and should, happen with a view to improve the situation, rather than just rolling the dice. In order for it to do that, you need to have a good idea as to why it would improve the situation.

Asking for suggestions or a real name isn't disingenuous, that's an ironically disingenuous attempt to avoid actually expanding on the "sack him" opinion. I've said myself that there are multiple managers I'd happily replace ETH with, but that none are available.

If your final statement is correct, then it wouldn't be hard for you to name an available replacement, and why they'd be better. Make a good case and I'll jump on board.

What a stupid situation we are in now. Well done everyone who pressured the club to keep him on. This was clearly coming from a mile away.
And because Ineos will be too embarrassed to admit their mistake we will probably sack him too late to save the season.

Since February 24, 2024. Game against Fulham which we lost 2-1.

We have played 16 games in the league.

We have accumulated 16 points in that time period.

13 points in 13 games to the end of last season.
3 points in 3 games this new season.

Absolutely carbon copy of results :lol:.

ETH needs help, how and from who I don't know. But Ineos should either help him or relieve him of his duties. It's damaging.

Even, today's game, you would tell psychologically we are done. The damage is deep.

Since the 7-0 in Anfield ( 5th March 2023 ), we've won only 48% of our league games. Got only 54% points.

13 games from the day 7-0 to end of the season. We had 26 points.
38 games of last season 60 points.

3 games this season 3 points

• So, in 54 games, since Carabao Cup Final, we have accumulated 89 points. For comparison. City had 91 points last season in 38 games. Arsenal had 89 points in 38 games.

So even if we played 54 games, we wouldn't have won the league last season against a 38 game City team. In short, we need One Full season and half of it, (18 games) to equal City numbers. Biggest indictment to ETH.

Sadly this has gone on in 3 distinct seasons. After 2 distinct transfer windows, after spending over €420m in those 2 windows.

Just to be honest, like a genuine man or human being. The 7-0 game effects have been psychologically massive. We have never recovered from it honestly. Probably the manager should have left after that. Now you understand why other top clubs after such a result fire their coach. Recovering from such a result is never easy.

We have just prolonged the inevitable since that day, sadly.

Last edited:
Look at his body language in that post match press conference. He knows he’s out of his depth.

Being criticised is one thing. Being asked disrespectful questions is different. You know that reporter was only out for reaction.

Have they ever asked that kind of question to Arteta? Just example. Or Klopp in his first 3-4 years? No. There is difference how they are towards us compared to others.

Would they have asked same question to other managers when they lose games?
Why would they be asking those questions to Klopp when he was easily finishing in top 4, getting to a EL/CL final and winning CL in his third full season?

Unbelievable that people have really convinced themselves that Klopp struggled and needed years to get them going. He was great from the start. He hammered City and Chelsea weeks from joining, got to EL final with a garbage team, got them back to CL in his first full season and onto CL final in second.

EtH isn’t comparable to Klopp or Arteta.

Last edited:
This is absolutely insane behaviour… but part of me respects the commitment to the cause.

The fact that a Liverpool fan spends his days as a sleeper agent on a United forum whose sole aim seems to be keeping ETH in his job should really raise some questions about how good of a Manager he is.
It’s incredibly fecking pathetic. The guy is a grown fecking man who has spent over 20 years on the main football forum for his team’s bitterest rivals and isn’t even making any productive posts. This forum is probably the best because it tolerates opposition fans and is better off with them, but people like him don’t make any positive contributions to this site.

ETH needs help, how and from who I don't know. But Ineos should either help him or relieve him of his duties. It's damaging.

Even, today's game, you would tell psychologically we are done. The damage is deep.

Since the 7-0 in Anfield, we've won only 48% of our league games. Got only 54% points.

So, in 54 games, since Carabao Cup Final, we have accumulated 89 points. For comparison. City had 91 points last season in 38 games. Arsenal had 89 points in 38 games.

So even if we played 54 games, we wouldn't have won the league last season against a 38 game City team. In short, we need One Full season and half of it, (18 games) to equal City numbers. Biggest indictment to ETH.

Sadly this has gone on in 3 distinct seasons. After 2 distinct transfer windows, after spending over €420m in those 2 windows.

Just to be honest, like a genuine man or human being. The 7-0 game effects have been psychologically massive. We have never recovered from it honestly. Probably the manager should have left after that. Now you understand why other top clubs after such a result fire their coach. Recovering from such a result is never easy.

16 points in 16 games. That’s a horrendous record. That’s what you would expect from a team trying to avoid being relegated.

Deciding to do something different because what you’ve been doing for a while isn’t working is not “change for the sake of change”. If Ineos replaced Ten Hag with Ruud it’d be because they think he might do better. Some would disagree with that choice of course, but the only way to find out would be to do it.

No one knows if any replacement will be “good”. So it simply comes down to whether they want to continue with the same or try something new, whatever that new is.

It most definitely is "change for the sake of change" if you can't articulate a reason beyond "might do better".

You can absolutely have some idea if a replacement will be good, by looking at previous experience and achievements. There are managers out there who I think would be an improvement, but none that I know of that are available.

Since the 7-0 in Anfield ( 5th March 2023 ), we've won only 48% of our league games. Got only 54% points.

• So, in 54 games, since Carabao Cup Final, we have accumulated 89 points. For comparison. City had 91 points last season in 38 games. Arsenal had 89 points in 38 games.

Good post.

This is particularly an apt point.

Having a rough weekend at work not knowing that I was saved the mess this clown has concocted.

Even the not so bright amongst us can clearly see he is out of his depth. What an abomination of managerial competence.
We have once again signed poorly and have bought shite

The bit in bold is an entirely false statement. Change can, and should, happen with a view to improve the situation

I mean, that is understood - and I'd expect most people don't need that sort of disclaimer when in conversation. A change is needed because the current isn't working and hasn't worked and you believe the change will be conducive of betterment

If your final statement is correct, then it wouldn't be hard for you to name an available replacement, and why they'd be better. Make a good case and I'll jump on board.

I did this with you last season. I'm not doing it again - go read those posts if you want, all still apply. Important note - I do not care for you to jump on board (you interjected in a conversation I was engaging in with someone else)

Why isn't there a discussion thread for his replacement, slim pickings... other than Tuchel who else is available?

OK fair enough. I can't find any direct quotes from Frenkie himself, just reports from sources and one quote from his dad about the weather. It doesn't really matter anyways.

There's clips on Youtube on the official Dutch National team channel too from press conferences where he said something along the lines of "I'm already with the biggest club in the world, I feel happy, I don't see myself leaving there". He was always pretty vocal about how much he wants to be at Barcelona. Obviously it is what you expect a player under contract to say but I think he is genuine or else he would have left already. That money that they owe him isn't the issue because he would easily win a lawsuit every day of the week. I just see him as a person who is in a toxic relationship but is so in love he gaslights himself into thinking he should stay :lol:.

There had been many ongoing feuds in the previous thread with pro and anti Ten Hag posters carrying on established threads between themselves.

This is a thread about Ten Hag, not a thread about the fanbase or your personal bickering ground. At the risk of receiving warnings and being threadbanned, leave the pettiness of last season in the now defunct thread. If you really wish to snipe at one another, use PMs.

Thanks - and let's have some real conversations! :)
Hi guys,
Ya let's just stick to the subject of this tread, Ten Hag.
I think his position is now on its last legs if things don't get better, maybe the new backroom appointments need to bed in...Apart from that though there are obvious questions on decisions on player roles, having too much faith in some players, overall player quality(would any of these players get on a Man city or RM team), team prep before a match (very lacklustre today) and buying average or past prime/fitness players. I think these are key questions on Ten Hags future and Uniteds

Except the 7-0 wasn't anything new. Our hammerings really started under Ole and got worse from there with Ralf and EtH. The players have slowly been replaced over the years but I do think a new manager is really going to have to repair that fragility because you get a feeling that if we concede a goal to a rival then it could turn into 3 or 4 quite quickly. It just seems to be a cycle at this point. When Liverpool got the third the most surprising thing was that they didn't go on to get another goal.

It was a big, call taking off Casemiro at half time and while it was the right one his gamble didn’t pay off and icame across as quite desperate.

I can see it cause a rift in the dressing room (especially going off Bruno’s post match comments)

It’s all well and good hauling off someone having such a terrible game but Casemiro is clearly a big influence in that dressing room and we need to be able to rely on him this season.
What did Bruno say?

I mean, that is understood - and I'd expect most people don't need that sort of disclaimer when in conversation. A change is needed because the current isn't working and hasn't worked and you believe the change will be conducive of betterment

I did this with you last season. I'm not doing it again. Important note - I do not care for you to jump on board

Sure, but if you can't articulate why you believe the change will be conducive of betterment, then you aren't thinking rationally, it's just a reflex reaction.

This conversation again seems to amount to this; "Sack the manager", "Cool, then what?", followed by excuses, ranting, or deflection.

Short of a miraculous turn around, I expect this to be Ten Hag's final season here, and really it's likely to be deserved as we haven't progressed anywhere near enough. And I'd rather us do it that way and plan for the succession rather than throwing Ruud under the bus before he's even had a chance to get his feet under the table as a coach.

Not even focusing on Colyer's positioning - why is Dalot 10-15 yards ahead of his attacker (it is his attacker that scored btw)? Like, have we ever reaped enough benefits from this set-up to justify it?

f91b433dc6e5c47806227e23358e008218112757.jpg

I mean, here's Slot explicitly saying this is something they exploited:

Mate they were shouting Oles as they attempted to walk it In the net for the 5th time.

We were cometley and utterly outclassed and embarrassed.
I'm highlighting the Brighton game where that poster mentioned we got destroyed which wasn't the case.

I don't blame you for getting them mixed up considering we gifted a couple of goals against Liverpool as well.

Last edited:
Not even focusing on Colyer's positioning - why is Dalot 10-15 yards ahead of his attacker (it is his attacker that scored btw)? Like, have we ever reaped enough benefits from this set-up to justify it?

f91b433dc6e5c47806227e23358e008218112757.jpg

I mean, here's Slot explicitly saying this is something they exploited:

someone explain to me why Collyer is so far up the pitch...look at the middle right there, they have 5 guys in the middle where we have zero including salah who scores because Dalot is just watching and not recovering already

It's just really poor tactical shape

Sure, but if you can't articulate why you believe the change will be conducive of betterment, then you aren't thinking rationally, it's just a reflex reaction.

This conversation again seems to amount to this; "Sack the manager", "Cool, then what?", followed by excuses, ranting, or deflection.

Short of a miraculous turn around, I expect this to be Ten Hag's final season here, and really it's likely to be deserved as we haven't progressed anywhere near enough. And I'd rather us do it that way and plan for the succession rather than throwing Ruud under the bus before he's even had a chance to get his feet under the table as a coach.
So we should waste yet another season because fans on redcafe cannot name a successor? I am sure Ashworth is reading this and will pick the name with the highest vote when that poll is finally set up again.

Who needs experts! Might as well save money on all those scouts as well, right?

We also have Europe starting next month and those away games wouldn’t be difficult for us generally but with ETH we are playing like a mid table team so every away game is hard and he is got Porto away a month from now. If the sack hasn’t happened by then I can see that game being the nail in the coffin.
Yeah, I omitted EFL Cup and Europa games, but they will make situation more complex for sure. Can't see any chance us getting points from Porto (A) but I think we all can also see doing something stupid against Barnsley in EFL cup

Last edited:

And again - we're football fans - by far and large most of us don't have the proximity to the game to be doing faux DoF routines on Redcafe to satisfy people with an arbitrary bar (one that keeps getting moved) regarding who's sufficiently qualified to replace someone that has us being this poor. We know he's poor, we know that comparatively to managers with less resources he's not lighting up the world on fire. We know that he's had ample time. It's over.

Trying to frame things as if unless you go through minutiae you're not justified in- yeah I'm not doing that. We can see managers with less resources playing decent football. We can see managers instilling styles in smaller time windows. We can see managers making smaller clubs resilient and at times competitive. Myself specifically, I've had this conversation with you before about managers I like and why - at this point, I'm even of a mind that you'd be hard pressed to not find a current prem manager that wouldn't be an improvement on this. It is what it is.

Yeah, I omitted EFL Cup and Europa games, but they will make situation more complex for sure. Can't see any chance us getting points from Porto (A) but I think we all can also see doing something stupid against Burnley in EFL cup
Barnsley. And yea if we fail to win that game I don't see how the new leadership team can justify keeping him. I mean our u-21s won against them, there is no reality where losing to them should be acceptable.

So we should waste yet another season because fans on redcafe cannot name a successor? I am sure Ashworth is reading this and will pick the name with the highest vote when that poll is finally set up again.

Of course the likes of Ashworth aren't reading the hysteria on here.

I'm not asking much, just for some thoughts beyond "sack ETH". What are yours? Say we sack him tomorrow, what should we do then to prevent the season being wasted?

It's a comical, bad faith position. It's best to just ignore.

Good post. Psychologically the 7-0 finished this lot off for good. We were the favourites going into that game, 10 points clear of Liverpool in the league and had recently beaten Barcelona over 2 legs in Europe.

I can't think of a more damaging result in the history of this club. Went from a club on the up to mid table/verging on regelation form over night.

Most managers in the PL would get us playing better football than him (it’s not exactly a difficult job) and that too without the avalanche of excuses this guy puts forward.

And again - we're football fans - by far and large most of us don't have the proximity to the game to be doing faux DoF routines on Redcafe to satisfy people with an arbitrary bar (one that keeps getting moved) regarding who's sufficiently qualified to replace someone that has us being this poor. We know he's poor, we know that comparatively to managers with less resources he's not lighting up the world on fire. We know that he's had ample time. It's over.

Trying to frame things as if unless you go through minutiae you're not justified in- yeah I'm not doing that. We can see managers with less resources playing decent football. We can see managers instilling styles in smaller time windows. We can see managers making smaller clubs resilient and at times competitive. Myself specifically, I've had this conversation with you before about managers I like and why - at this point, I'm even of a mind that you'd be hard pressed to not find a current prem manager that wouldn't be an improvement on this. It is what it is.

Who should replace him isn't minutiae, it's a necessary part of sacking him.

Last season I remember everyone was keen on De Zerbi, were you among them? The calls for him then dried up as his team utterly collapsed and ended the season with a defensive record that made ours look decent in comparison. It's really a great example of why these decisions need some real thought, as throwing any old manager at the job could end up making things worse.

crazy looking at the fixtures and realising we were the only prem team not to score this weekend. tough opposition, sure. but at some point the lack of entertainment value will start affecting the club

Utd match going fans are probably the mot patient supporter base of any of the big clubs in World football , but you can sense that even that patient is starting to wear very thin now..

Embarrassing defeat after defeat to your biggest rivals would wear the patience of even the most loyal supporters , it just can't go on. And the honeymoon is over for INEOS too. This is now happening under their watch.

Of course the likes of Ashworth aren't reading the hysteria on here.

I'm not asking much, just for some thoughts beyond "sack ETH". What are yours? Say we sack him tomorrow, what should we do then to prevent the season being wasted?
Let Ruud run the team until the end of the season and stop the cycle of insane decisions with idiotic excuses such as "I am more successful than anybody except Pep because I won two stupid cups, nevermind finishing 8th"

If you want an example of idiotic decisions, if as a manager you don't have anybody better than Casemiro in defensive midfield, if half of your team is new signings who have not started a game with you before, and the other half are not in form yet, or the likes of Rashford - DONOT fecking try to go toe-to-toe against high-flying Liverpool. Park the fecking bus like you've done before and get 3 points

Sure, he would have gotten huge criticism parking the bus at Old Trafford, but he could have explained it by saying he doesn't even have Ugarte yet and the rest are not ready. Better than this goddamned humiliation and then mumblinh about how he is great because he won couple cups

Last edited: