Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
The thing is, no matter what game I watch on a weekend, be that in Serie A, the Championship, wherever, we consistently play the worst football.

I won't labour on our obvious midfield issue, but when it comes to the final third, we are terrible on the ball and rarely repeat any form of attacking pattern or sustained pressure. It's pure, rushed, individualism, and this has been the case for over a year now.

Our wins are decided on a flip of a coin, and our losses are often humiliating. That's our current reality.

Surely the coaching staff can see this if all of us can? Given the season we just had, In addition ours like to play high risk/low reward passes in our own half

The lack of tactical brain in CM is horrific.

The question can never just be sack him, it has to include a name who will replace him?

Ruud is not ready for to be the next manager.

Did anyone really expect United to be drastically different after 2-3 games.

We were better in EtH's first season than we were in the Ole/Ragnick season, is what I meant. I've already said that we were really poor last season but I think we've been better this season, so far. If you think he's screwed up his chance 3 games into the season then fair enough, I'm content to give him more of a chance but not for too much longer.
Yes, he’s screwed up his chance 2 years in and monumental amounts of money spent.

The question can never just be sack him, it has to include a name who will replace him?

Stop with the only 3 games rubbish!
It’s 3 games into the 3rd season!

You're welcome to have that opinion, I just have a different opinion! As I said, if we haven't improved by Christmas I'll have no complaints if he's sacked.

Of course but I don’t see how it is silly to sack him after three games but not silly to give him until Christmas. I cannot understand the cliche of wait until Christmas, piss a season away just hoping for the best. It’s that type of indecision that just wastes everyone’s time.

Even if he is the right man for the job, which is apretty ridiculous idea at this stage, giving him until Christmas is essentially pointless. He either needs another year or more or he has to be sacked.

"Wait and see where we are at the end of the season". I almost want us to do that and then throw that quote back in his bald, stupid face when we finish somewhere between 7th and 14th.

Get the feck out of the club and take Casemiro, Antony and Onana with you.

I wanted him sacked early in the summer, but the club made their choice.

But it's far too early to sack him now after just 3 games. But the pressure is on. Things need to improve rapidly and dramatically. Otherwise he'll be gone in October.

Have we done a 4? I think it’s just the FA cup vs Liverpool, right?

We have:

Nov 22 | League Cup: vs Aston Villa - 4-2
Mar 23 | Europa: vs Betis - 4-1
May 23 | League: vs Chelsea - 4-1
Jan 24 | FA Cup: vs Newport County (lol) - 4-2
Feb 24 | League: vs Wolves - 4-3
Mar 24 | FA Cup: vs Liverpool - 4-3
April 24 | League: vs Sheffield United - 4-2

You sack him, use Ruud as an interim and make a hire. I don't think you still recognize how bad this is. We aren't functional and its not the players. He's the roadblock and since last season he's always been the roadblock.

Players will always make errors. Liverpool made errors.. it’s the managers job to ensure we aren’t exposed.

This isn’t the Dutch league. Rangnick found that out straight away.

At Real Madrid he would had been sacked long time ago.

I was pretty surprised he kept his job after having a shit season in the league and being an embarrassment, yet again, in the UCL. I know United doesn't have very high standards for this things to begin with but I would be fuming if I was a fan of the club for the lack of accountabilty.

It's very early in the season and the management wants to back him up but given the past season he was always going to be in a lot of pressure whenever the team goes into a string of bad results. That's not a very good enviorment to build a new project so that was another reason to get a replacement. As an outsider I find it very amusing the way your club is being run out and very curious if he's going to survive this season.

This is the bit you don't get - United fans above any other stakeholder at the club, wanted to keep him. The support for him after the FA cup final was overwhelming.

Even someone like me, who's been critical of him for a while have had to put my hands up and say, if that's what the fans want - the club has to do it.

It's almost like the inverse of the Greenwood situation in a way - the clubs board/executive decision makers wanted to keep him. But the fanbase absolutely, wanted nothing to do with him. And the fanbase was absolutely in the right on that occasion. Same with the Super League.

He's the manager I dislike the most post SAF.

I actually liked LVG and Mourinho (before he went full sabotage). Ole is a legend and our team scored loads under him at points. Enough time has passed where I feel nothing for Moyes, don't even feel like he was our manager.

This guy ETH, I can't stand him. Dogshit football and not a fan of him as a person either. How we've given him free reign to turn us in to Ajax United is beyond me. He's made us a shit version of Ajax and United.

Last 15 games:

last15games.png

No other clubs would allow this.

I legitimately can't get over this. feck me

I'd even welcome Lv..nah, can't even type it. LVG still the worst for me but ETH is closing in on Moyes fast for that second place.

Carragher's a fecking idiot.
He's like a kid at Christmas because despite every humiliation this club has suffered over the last 2 years with this manager in charge, you still have fans, ex-players and prominent figures at the top of the club who continue to support him. We'd be just the same if the same were going on at Liverpool.

Fair enough. It was as much as kneejerk then as it is now in my view. One result shouldn't define keeping/sacking. My position at the end of last season was he was hamstrung by a lot of off field issues and that his first season here was good and so was in support of keeping him.

Now though, it can't continue like last season and he has no where to hide. Sure, there are individual mistakes that are leading to goals this season but he also shares the blame. It's all a big clusterfeck and as the head coach it's his responsibility to dig this team out of it.
It's not the one result though, its the same problems with regards to control and playing without a midfield for over a year. Looking at Liverpool under Slot its clear what their team and identify is. Didn't get the midfielder he wanted, so instead he has Gravenberch looking like a baller.

Automatically we would look much better with a new manager.

Of course but I don’t see how it is silly to sack him after three games but not silly to give him until Christmas. I cannot understand the cliche of wait until Christmas, piss a season away just hoping for the best. It’s that type of indecision that just wastes everyone’s time.

Even if he is the right man for the job, which is apretty ridiculous idea at this stage, giving him until Christmas is essentially pointless. He either needs another year or more or he has to be sacked.
We play Southampton, Crystal Palace, Spurs and Aston Villa before the next international break. If there is more than 1 loss in there, I think he's gone. That would already be like 4 or 5 losses in 8 games. I don't think the best in class leadership team will find that acceptable anymore.

He will get until Christmas of course and then get sacked, because we will be lumbering somewhere around midtable and fighting with Fulham and Palace for the 10th spot. It is a matter of time and in a period of embarrassing results, the trigger will be pulled.

Plenty folk on here wanted him to stay after the final.
Too many of our supporters are prisoners of the moment. If we beat Southampton in two weeks the poll will be back to 50/50.

He should have been sacked after the 4-0 defeat to Palace last season. That was the worst I've ever seen us.

Yes, he’s screwed up his chance 2 years in and monumental amounts of money spent.
I thought we were talking about how he was backed in the summer by the new higher ups? I don't really want to get into the discussion of how well he was backed and who actually spent that money under the previous regime.

We play Southampton, Crystal Palace, Spurs and Aston Villa before the next international break. If there is more than 1 loss in there, I think he's gone. That would already be like 4 or 5 losses in 8 games. I don't think the best in class leadership team will find that acceptable anymore.

Spurs and Villa are probably better teams at present. And Palace under their new manager have been decent.

You sack him, use Ruud as an interim and make a hire. I don't think you still recognize how bad this is. We aren't functional and its not the players. He's the roadblock and since last season he's always been the roadblock.

But INEOS toured Europe looking for a new manager 2 months ago...who is now available that wasn't before?

I think if INEOS found someone they liked then EtH wouldn't be here now...I can't get onboard with throwing the season's plans out the window after 3 games.

I just don't see where we are going with ETH...no style, no consistent game plan, no continuity.

Shit in the midfield, wingers largely shit, strikers can't score, defence shaky, shit goalkeeper.

Mount - shit
Onana - shit
Anthony - shit

Almost 200m on these shit cnuts...yes he's won us 2 cups, but right now it's 50/50 as to whether he stays on for another 4-5 games.

Well I was told that last season was because of the injury "crisis".

The fact that so many fans of other clubs want him to stay should spell it out for us, United fans.

Rather every other fanbase wants him to stay.