Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
We are 2-0 down to Liverpool at home with 1 shot on target. This is a Liverpool team with a new manager & no signings and I am being told United have played well & people are emotional
There’s no changing minds. They will die on this hill.

If Liverpool were overruning us in midfield are destroying us with constant cuts through our structure you'd have half a pint.
But Casemiro being lighter than a feather for goal 2, after he played an absolute hospital pass without bothering to take a touch for goal 1 is just amateur.

You can call me a wum if you like, but I think it's worth looking structurally at what we were doing today - aggressiveness and quick passing is what we want to show but it's clearly not suited to Casemiro who is long past his best. We've actually dispossessed and intercepted them a lot through the play before the first goal, and we were able to hunt in their third a lot more too.

We aren't perfect, we did get exposed at times. That's why we bought Ugarte but blaming the manager when we are so obviously playing differently to last season is lazy. It just sounds like an angry mob mentality.
Major "everyone is stupid except me" vibes.

Agree with this. The mistakes are happening because of our setup. Players seem to isolated, there's too much space between the lines causing us to attempt these long passes that end up getting intercepted. And it's a clear tactical issue.

It's exactly what Southgate did when he played a pivot of Rice and Mainoo against Spain's midfield.

Mainoo looked like he belonged in the reserves in that game and it wasn't reflective of him but the manager.

Keeping Ten Hag was an awful decision

There is absolutely no chance in hell we’d be playing like this if Tuchel was on the sidelines.

The team just isn’t coached right.

I don't get why Diallo doesn't start. He's the better footballer out of Garnacho and Rashford. Then you consider the fact that he's the only natural rw whose name is not Antony in the side, Ten Hag should've dropped one of Garnacho or Rashford.
Agree, in a game like this we need control something none of the current attackers give us or Bruno.

His replacement was just signed on Friday but wasn't registered. Would you like 20 year old Toby Collyer's debut to be against Liverpool? Or perhaps we can play the ghost of Eriksen there
He should have reacted to how poor Casemiro has been playing, I know the rest of the team haven’t covered themselves in glory but the game is too fast for Casemiro and Ten Hag should have recognised that and made a change

We have given him everything and supported in every possible way, new players, new recruitment team, new medical staff.

What more changes does he want at the club before we can play anything resembling good football, new janitoral staff??

The players have lost faith in him. You can't tell me that it wont give everyone a lift if he was sacked tonight and we use the international break to make the necessary changes to the coaching staff and a new manager put in. It can't go on any longer, you can blame injuries and all sorts, but ultimately there are teams much further down with way less to work with who look better coached and managed than Utd.

You cant blame injuries at all. Get used to playing without Shaw, he’s a permacrock. You cant justify being shite week in week out because you are missing a left back who is always injured and will play a couple of games and get injured again. We know this.

You cant say we’ll be better when Hojlund returns because we were shite all season last year with him available, and the players around him in our dysfunctional attack will still be around him in the same dysfunctional attack.

You cant blame ‘individual errors’ because we do it every week. Its the coaching. Two Casemiro errors today. Maguire error against Brighton as well as all the players rushing the ball to leave 3 Brighton men unmarked, onside at the back post for Brightons winner.

Its the coaching.

How often are we going to use this excuse though? The constant isn't just that Ten Hag plays him, it's also that Ten Hag sets up our team to get dominated nearly every game, leaves massive gaps in our midfield, we have no recognisable patterns of play, we can't score, shit players have been brought in under his request because he saw their face once in the past, tried to copy the 2 AM formation that Pep and Klopp were trialing and fecked that up too, his subs are always late and wrong, he seems incapable of recognising what our problems are and he's in his third season. Third season! At what point does any of this become his responsibility?!

Every game a player will make an error, it can happen to any team. The difference with us is that it's so noticeable because we are always flying by the seat of our pants and struggling to compete with anyone.

The only thing Ten Hag does well is say "heh" and market himself, do interviews and write posts where he manages to get people to sympathise with him and believe that next week will be different. I'm tired of believing any of it. If it's emotional to look at the last 25 months of the same problems and say "that'll do, Pidge. That'll do" then fair enough, but I think he's had more than enough time to prove himself and failed.
You thought we were being "dominated" before 1-0?

How the feck he selected Casemiro for such high tempo game!! What a confidence.

We have given him everything and supported in every possible way, new players, new recruitment team, new medical staff.

What more changes does he want at the club before we can play anything resembling good football, new janitoral staff??
Needs de jong

We just have no style of play and have to always adjust our play based on the opposition.

Today we have decided to just go fast and direct to bypass their press without realising how bad we are when we get caught out of position when our moves breakdown. Bruno has been playing more as a second striker than a midfielder

So far this season we have tried to play compact and tough to open up, and today we go totally the other way. Lucky it's 0-2 tbh, they have been poor with their final pass, could have been much worse

blaming the manager when we are so obviously playing differently to last season is lazy. It just sounds like an angry mob mentality.

We’re just as shit this season as we were last season. Hence we’re on course for 2 defeats in our opening 3 games. Nothings changed.

Liverpool moving on from Klopp pretty efficiently - no real major signings too

When we were saying this guy needed to go - people would come here and question "who you're bringing in?!!" as if he's an elite manager at the top of the game and irreplaceable or something

crazy

Gets a handful more games then needs to go on if things don’t improve
It’s the same issues as last year

Were we peppering their goal and running through their midfield before we got pegged back? We were just as shite as them. That is not some badge of honour to wear.

Posts here are so emotional. Casemiro throwing the half for us isn't really something the manager can control.
Casemiro having a bad half is why we’re 2-0 down, Casemiro having a bad half isn’t why we’ve created 1 chance

Erik is a bang average manager and a bad fit for us. Has been clear from the start.
But our squadbuilding is so bad it has biblical proportions. We get 3-4 players in every year but i cant remember the last time i didn`t feel like we still are 5-6 players away from competing. At least. You could barely pick out 5 players from this squad that feels good enough for our ambitions

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Let's act surprised with how we are playing. I said it 10 months ago.

In 18 months, it's either Bruno or ETH will not be here by January 2025. And it will come to pass.
This transition football, gaping midfield, playing 2 midfielders is UNSUSTAINABLE.
We need either of the one to leave. ETH has been unable to shift our structure and playing style. Thus he will leave.
We will get another coach, if the new guy tries to play same way, with Bruno as main man, the result will be the same.

I said it, we can change every single player, sign 50 Yoro but playing with only 2 midfielders is suicidal in current top football.

We are just going round and round in circles.

Yesterday I asked, how comes other teams score against us easily yet we don't score against them.

ETH has never scored against Liverpool in Anfield.
Ole didn't score a goal against Liverpool in Anfield.

Last United goal against Liverpool at Anfield in the league happened in 2018. Pogba and Mourinho last game for United.

A
gain I will say, the damage that Ole did with creating this transition football with Bruno as our focal point, made us lose of traction in football landscape. Many won't agree but results and performances will back me up.

I have written extensively about this. We will go round and round but we will not achieve anything with this ball over the top football.

Let's wait and see
:lol:

even if ETH gets sacked and RVN takes over, what makes everyone think it will be different. He’s still be coaching with him while we’ve been poor.

You took all of my points and then made something up to argue against rather than something I actually wrote? And we're 2-0 down so what's the 1-0 part about?

And, again, that first half isn't in isolation. It's a pattern we've had consistently for two full seasons, and it's still here in Ten Hag's third!

Whats the bet he mentions he lost his game changer McTominay post match?

If Liverpool were overruning us in midfield are destroying us with constant cuts through our structure you'd have half a point.
But Casemiro being lighter than a feather for goal 2, after he played an absolute hospital pass without bothering to take a touch for goal 1 is just amateur.

You can call me a wum if you like, but I think it's worth looking structurally at what we were doing today - aggressiveness and quick passing is what we want to show but it's clearly not suited to Casemiro who is long past his best. We've actually dispossessed and intercepted them a lot through the play before the first goal, and we were able to hunt in their third a lot more too.

We aren't perfect, we did get exposed at times. That's why we bought Ugarte but blaming the manager when we are so obviously playing differently to last season is lazy. It just sounds like an angry mob mentality.

We were passing it around at the back or desperately hoping they make a mistake and we can counter them. They had a goal only just ruled out for offside, 2 goals in the first half at old Trafford and began really turning the screw in midfield after the first 20 minutes.

It isn't lazy, there might be a mob of people because so many believe he isn't good enough based on the last 18 months. But it's not lazy, I imagine most of us have watched every game in that time to come to that conclusion.

When we were saying this guy needed to go - people would come here and question "who you're bringing in?!!" as if he's an elite manager at the top of the game and irreplaceable or something

crazy
It’s genuinely mental. :lol:

The excuse to keep him wasn’t ever “he’s creating something special tactically”, or were there any underlying stats to suggest things were boiling underneath — it was always “yes ten Hag is shit, but what if the manager we replace him with is shit too?!”

crazy
Spot on.

You took all of my points and then made something up to argue against rather than something I actually wrote? And we're 2-0 down so what's the 1-0 part about?

And, again, that first half isn't in isolation. It's a pattern we've had consistently for two full seasons, and it's still here in Ten Hag's third!
Well I read the first couple of sentences and wanted to clarify your issue.

You said "The constant isn't just that Ten Hag plays him, it's also that Ten Hag sets up our team to get dominated nearly every game"

So I wanted to clarify whether you thought we were dominated today before 1-0. That's all.

even if ETH gets sacked and RVN takes over, what makes everyone think it will be different. He’s still be coaching with him while we’ve been poor.
The implication would be that van Nistelrooy would be an interim and there would be no expectations on him to do anything much more significant than steady the ship.