Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
It is now, but there were a lot of rumours that Ashworth wasn't happy with how much influence Howe and his nephew (I mistakenly thought he was his brother in my previous post) had while he was there. The fact that Mitchell has gone in and instantly seems to have had similar problems just lends more weight to those rumours.
to be fair...howe had a lot of power at Bournemouth which i'm sure he wanted the same at newcastle..Manager should be the one picking the players for transfer anyway if that was the argument over power control

Fergie had the power at United as well.

Playing Eriksen for his third game in a row? Don't tell me he's going to play against Spurs too. Would be absolutely idiotic to run him into the ground.

Playing Eriksen for his third game in a row? Don't tell me he's going to play against Spurs too. Would be absolutely idiotic to run him into the ground.
This is one of my biggest gripes with ETH(besides him having clear favorites). He is running him into the ground. Eriksen barelly has the legs to play a fill 90 minute game, let alone 3 on the trot.

Great to see Ten Hag picking players on form. A run of games for Eriksen will do him good, particularly when he's playing so well and has had a very stop-start year.

Moans about injuries, picks his strongest XI game after game even against vastly inferior opponents in a desperate attempt to score credit for cup runs.

INEOS should make it clear that the expectation is we should be able to get through Europa League group games and games against lower league opposition in domestic cups without fielding our best XI

Moans about injuries, picks his strongest XI game after game even against vastly inferior opponents in a desperate attempt to score credit for cup runs.

INEOS should make it clear that the expectation is we should be able to get through Europa League group games and games against lower league opposition in domestic cups without fielding our best XI
Ah yes, let's get INEOS involved in team selection.

I don’t think it’s something to complain about. In the new formula we could secure playoffs spot in 4, maybe 5 games and could then rest players later on (not that I’m confident of him doing that when the time comes, just saying at this stage it makes sense to go for a win).

Look like a football team this season, not a particularly great one, but a team with a logical shape and style instead of the incredible shambles that was last season. Still plenty of issues, but they are normal team issues and not amateur hour stuff.

Look like a football team this season, not a particularly great one, but a team with a logical shape and style instead of the incredible shambles that was last season. Still plenty of issues, but they are normal team issues and not amateur hour stuff.

Crazy to think how low the bar has sunk, that we're talking about looking like something resembling a basic team in the managers third season, as if it's some kind of achievement after spending around £400m across two summers.

Crazy to think how low the bar has sunk, that we're talking about looking like something resembling a basic team in the managers third season, as if it's some kind of achievement after spending around £400m across two summers.

Of course, but I had so little faith after last season that Ten Hag could even pass that incredibly low bar.

What would be an achievement for you?

Yeah we are better than I expected us to be this season.

The sooner we pull the trigger the better.

Radcliffe couldn't possibly be watching this and thinking we're going to turn it around under this manager. If he still is, we're in deeper shit than ever imaginable. That's not even considering our previous fixtures this season so far. I'm honestly still in disbelief that they kept him on.

How on earth can anyone watch his football and think yeah, with a bit of time this will get us back to where we want to be

His refusal to see crap performances from Bruno is going get him sacked. Along with his weird substitutions. I can’t understand how someone in his position can be so fecking blind/clueless when dealing with poor performers

He obviously saw the writing on the wall when INEOS spoke to Tuchel. Followed by replacing his backroom staff. He knows he's gone and it shows.