Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
This was one of Ten Hag's better games as manager. So many positives to take from it even though we didn't win.

We look to be going in the right direction. Patience.
You either have not been a United fan for very long or are totally being sarcastic? What position is Dalot playing again? Cause quite frankly there were at least 10 - 15 times the ball should have been played to the outside and he was in the middle. ETH has no clue how to win in this league.

Very dramatic. Luckily I'll judge his lack of attacking play over the course of his tenure and not a good 45 minutes against Palace (in which we didn't score). 7 points from 5 played is awful.
No ones denying the point tally isn't good enough, but to think we only had some reasonable attacks in the first half is stone cold bollocks. Perhaps becuase we were strangling Palace for 45mins and weren't as dominating in the second you think this. But we had chances in the second half too, Bruno is fecking terrible for us right now, the way he missed a gaping net the way he did.

With reports during the international break that Wilcox and Ashworth weren't happy with the game model, wonder if that is the reason we are now seening a shift towards a more possession based style.

This was one of Ten Hag's better games as manager. So many positives to take from it even though we didn't win.

We look to be going in the right direction. Patience.

One of his better games as manager and yet one of the main talking points is still how terrible his game management was and how bafflingly poor his subs were. Says it all.

I was watching the game and in the second half I really felt that I wasn't that bothered about the outcome anymore. Yeah it would be great for us to win but 5 games into the season we are pretty much an irrelevant team now. We won't be in a relegation battle & we won't be anywhere near the top 4-5. Cup games might be the only ones to enjoy

Missed the first half but apparently we played well. His in-game management is still a big issue. Last 30 minutes were not great - we showed zero urgency and could've easily conceded.

The approach in the last half an hour was sad really. Just showed we’re not going for anything? You wouldn’t see other top teams in the league settling like that, it’s a shame.

No ones denying the point tally isn't good enough, but to think we only had some reasonable attacks in the first half is stone cold bollocks. Perhaps becuase we were strangling Palace for 45mins and weren't as dominating in the second you think this. But we had chances in the second half too, Bruno is fecking terrible for us right now, the way he missed a gaping net the way he did.

Yes, Bruno is fecking awful. Who's fault was it that he stayed on? Showing he's capable of putting a good 45 minutes together against Palace really isn't good enough. Yes, we were unlucky not to be winning, but he's the manager, and his 2nd half management was poor.

First 45 were fantastic and we were extremely unlucky not to be beyond the horizon, but that last 30 mins was soul destroying. No bravery to try and win it

Sums it up.

Those last 30 minutes were infuriating to watch. Felt like everyone was happy with a draw.

I was watching the game and in the second half I really felt that I wasn't that bothered about the outcome anymore. Yeah it would be great for us to win but 5 games into the season we are pretty much an irrelevant team now. We won't be in a relegation battle & we won't be anywhere near the top 4-5. Cup games might be the only ones to enjoy
The last 15 minutes made me realize that teams no longer fear us, and Palace had the belief that they could go on and win it.

More of the same really. Inconsistent, can't score.

We look better defensively and we had a decent first half and limited Palace to only one chance. But we cant put together a decent 90 minute performance, we can't put away chances when we're on top.

But it's yet more points dropped. We should be seeing results and consistency and we aren't. How long is this going to continue.

One of his better games as manager and yet one of the main talking points is still how terrible his game management was and how bafflingly poor his subs were. Says it all.
One of his better games and just as unlucky to not lose to Palace. Says it all as well. After tomorrow we prob will be closer to bottom than top of table already. Says it all

Yeah, just have to take from it that the players who were good today (Zirkzee, Garnacho, Diallo) will turn into top players one day and that we will look towards the profile of Eriksen in future signings and move on the likes of Fernandes. Even if we had a side ready to be challenging the top positions we’d probably be undone by City anyway. Need to sort out the direct of travel for 2-3 years time when City might tail off and an arrival opens up.

It's a cultural problem at the club and the fanbase is the root cause of it.

Despite being a huge, rich club - our potential is severely capped because of the clubs own fanbase.

Ask yourself this, if we landed on a Roberto Di Matteo who fluked himself a CL title or a league title like Ranieri, how far would the club have to sink before we would sack that person? Relegation?
It has to be fans over the last decade who have never seen a SAF managed game. If defies logic. 0-0 to a team that has what, nothing. I guess they have also never heard the "hair dryer" term either. This game was an pure embarrassment as was our illustrious captain Bruno. Lazy player, lazy team. They are not moving forward.

Yes, Bruno is fecking awful. Who's fault was it that he stayed on? Showing he's capable of putting a good 45 minutes together against Palace really isn't good enough. Yes, we were unlucky not to be winning, but he's the manager, and his 2nd half management was poor.
One sub wasn't good. Then the doube sub after was the right move. He was criticised heavily for his lineup before a ball was kicked and not one person who called him names or was certain it was going to fail has said "fair play he was right for that lineup".

And we were more than just "good" in that 45. Palace don't really get dominated at Selhurst like that unless it's City. We dipped in the second half and yes Zirkzee was the wrong sub. But it's just terribly underplaying our improvement as a team to claim all we showed today was a "good 45".

The approach in the last half an hour was sad really. Just showed we’re not going for anything? You wouldn’t see other top teams in the league settling like that, it’s a shame.

Definitely think a different manager will be able to get alot more out of this squad.

so far results suggest the same pattern as last season. Trounced comfortably by the 1 top team we have played, also lost to a tactically organised and well drilled side in Brighton, won against relegation certainties Southampton and edged a mid table team in Fulham. Dropped points at Palace.

A season just like last is coming in the league whether anyone wants to admit it or not. Theres some new players but everything else points to same old shit

One sub wasn't good. Then the doube sub after was the right move. He was criticised heavily for his lineup before a ball was kicked and not one person who called him names or was certain it was going to fail has said "fair play he was right for that lineup".

And we were more than just "good" in that 45. Palace don't really get dominated at Selhurst like that unless it's City. We dipped in the second half and yes Zirkzee was the wrong sub. But it's just terribly underplaying our improvement as a team to claim all we showed today was a "good 45".
7 points in 5 games is not improvement!

Palace have stunk this season, you’ve talked them up before the match, but you’re talking about the team of last season, they’re a totally different beast at the moment.

Exactly. Playing better is great, but to not win that game is also a real disappointment

It's a matter of opinion. I disagree his game management was poor. We dominated for large periods away to Palace which is not an easy ground for anyone. His subs were pretty straightforward. They didn't work out but you could see the intent.

We did well today, we were unlucky not to have the 3 points, that is clear. It is clear we were better than Palace.

Sometimes I question if you lot know anything at all about football outside of video games, YouTube, and the shite you read on social media that you all lap up as gospel.

I’d rather a 0-0 where we play like that vs. scraping some dog shit 1-0 where we play poorly. At least we’re moving in the right direction and not letting undeserved results paper over the cracks.

Sure, but that's an issue of poor finishing, we were set up well and it led to us deserving to win comfortably.

“Deserving to win” counts for nothing in this league. You’re also ignoring the fact that Palace could have easily scored a couple in the second half.

We will finish anywhere from 8th to 12th if he stays but this isn't really news.

I feel genuinely sorry for anyone that doesn't realise that this season is a write off until we have a decent manager.

We produced some good play against winless Crystal Palace for 45 minutes so that will keep his supporters purring for another few weeks when we get beat by Spurs and Villa.

I’m still hoping the Porto game will be his last. We win against Twente. No idea how the Spurs game will go. Don’t see us winning at either Villa or Porto.

“Deserving to win” counts for nothing in this league. You’re also ignoring the fact that Palace could have easily scored a couple in the second half.
.it's interesting people just ignore that. They had by far the biggest chance

That first half is actually how I would have liked to see us play more in his time here, except for the lack of goals obviously. There's good technical ability in the side, but my god are the forwards inept sometimes. Second half seemed like we completely ran out of ideas.

It's not looking good for him. The whole thing with Rashford seems very strange to me, considering he had his best game in years recently (albeit against lowly Barnsley).

Each to their own, but yeah for me, it was just a good 45 minutes against a pretty lacklustre Palace side. I've seen some improvements this season but nowhere near enough. Feels like we're just gonna keep repeating how unlucky we were, all while not picking up anywhere near enough points. If he proves me wrong, awesome. But I don't see it.