Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
No they weren't, not even close.
I think you’ll find your opinion is an unpopular one. They had the lions share of the chances in the second half, and Onana had to save us more than once, same as Henderson for Palace in the first half.

Tactically good game. Restricted them to little or no chances. Subs lost momentum, but I’d put that more on the players than the manager. No idea what the complaints about the manager are about. He can’t do the on the pitch finishing?

You'd have to give him praise for most if the match, the subs didn't work out but he had to try them.

He's still thin ice though. One de ligt does not make a summer

Sure, good first half. But that's not really good enough, is it.
Yeah we didn't really create anything in the second half either. I think we were terrible, not attacking on balance whatsoever. Got dominated by them again.

We desperately need more players like Eriksen, because Bruno is so spammy and wasteful with the ball. The game plan and how we were playing died when the first two subs happened.

This group of players has a lot of potential.
Never going to see that potential fulfilled under Eth.

How can you look at how Bruno and Zirkzee are playing, and make the decision to keep the former in and sub the latter out?

I suspect he'd already made his mind up on the subs he'll be making way before the game, judging by how he left Rashford on the bench. Zirkzee is the easy choice to take out so Rashford can come in.

We’d have been 3/4 up if our players took the chances that merited our great first half. Bad subs or not it’s not on him today.
You cannot ignore bad subs especially when we were not leading and had to chase the game. We had poor finishing but we still had plenty of time to continue to attack to win, which his subs ensured was not going to happen. This one is squarely on him.

For the first time in ages, I actually enjoyed watching United play today. Very unlucky not to come away with the 3 points. Much better !
Hope you enjoyed that last 15 minutes. After a good performance we never gave up and tried to force the issue, using the quality we have on our bench to overcome the opposition. Thank god we didn’t just fade, sub our most influential player, leave on the only weaklinks and accept a draw.

His refusal to drop Bruno is beyond comprehension. It’s so obvious when Bruno is having a stinker of a day (which is most days) and he refuses to take him off.

This thread is so tedious, we were miles better than Palace and should have won by several goals.

Still fuming over his substitution in 2nd half. Taking off Zirkzee and then Eriksen basically destroyed any form of attack we had

We’d have been 3/4 up if our players took the chances that merited our great first half. Bad subs or not it’s not on him today.

Absolving the manager of any responsibility despite his terrible subs, just because the players also missed chances, is stupid.

It is possible for both the players and the manager to share blame for their failings. It’s not an either/or situation.

How can you look at how Bruno and Zirkzee are playing, and make the decision to keep the former in and sub the latter out?

I suspect he'd already made his mind up on the subs he'll be making way before the game, judging by how he left Rashford on the bench. Zirkzee is the easy choice to take out so Rashford can come in.
This actually did piss me off. It seems he was prepared to play Hojlund later and it was an interim move but still didn't like hooking Zirkzee. I want to see Zirkzee and Hojlund together.

Poor game management today. Cost us 3 points. For all the possession and chances, it was just possession with a few chances - Palace created the best chances. Forget League 1 Barnsley, we are not a good attacking side under ETH. Typical performance under him from season 1. He’s shite.

We are woeful at finishing chances. Gameplay looked better compared to last season but it kind of feels like same old same old. Can’t see tangible progress game after game

Subs were awful and none of them made any impact. His impact on the game made us worse. He's holding this team back. We over complicate things in final third. So many flicks until we lose the ball, as if that's what is drilled in training.

Convinced his subs are predetermined before the match and never has any impact on how the team are playing or what the opposition are doing. They're just dreadful, like him.

Also the fact we never replaced Eriksen and what he did for us in ETH's first season, and in the first half today.

Bruno can't do it. Casemiro and Ugarte cant do it. Mainoo can't do it.

Totally agree mate. He is the only midfielder we have who can control the midfield and dictate play. Need to find his replacement like yesterday.

We’re not the complete shit show of last season but I’m not confident we will be in top half of table or have a points total in double digits by the next international break.

I really don’t see what he brings to the table that any successor wouldn’t, players should have a killed the game off but also felt like ETH didnt cover himself in glory in second half and failed to impact game positively in any way.

Yep. Bruno has been poor this season so far. A few glimpses of his true abilities but by and large he has been subpar. Even then keeping him on would have been fine if Rashford had come on for Amad. This guy has no sense of how to change a game positively.

Very torn.

It looks like our best transfer window in a long time, but the manager has no new ideas and stifles everything good that goes on. Poor decisions in game and a lack of any semblance of attacking patterns.

I would love to see this group under a genuine coach with a clear vision.

I do have a bit of sympathy for Ten Hag. Once you take off Eriksen the midfield lacks real creativity, we don’t have another player like him. We maybe should’ve stuck with Zirkzee, who I thinks offers much more than Hojlund, but I think once you make that sub we will pretty much always regress.

There was better control for much of the game than there has been for most of the last 18 months, albeit Palace still had 3 very big chances, but it's his 3rd year and we have 7 points from 5 games and it's difficult to see how we will ever be a team that scores enough goals and is stable defensively under him.