Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
If our club bosses don't care about our future then i'm out too.

No big club would accept such a start to the new season after such a terrible last season.

Everyone laughs about us.....rightly so.

The 2 full seasons we had under Ole = +59 GD
The 2 full seasons we had under Mou = +65 GD
The 2 full seasons we had under LVG = +39 GD
Total GD in our 3rd season after 2 full seasons under ETH = +11 GD.

That's all I am going to say
OK, wow

Defending himself in an unsubtle and not very appealing manner, coming across as an insecure twat.

Trying to convince journos he's grand by listing his (two) trophies.

Sort of thing you'd expect from someone who's close to getting sacked, really (very similar to his dealings with journos towards the end of last season).

100%

The 2 full seasons we had under Ole = +59 GD
The 2 full seasons we had under Mou = +65 GD
The 2 full seasons we had under LVG = +39 GD
Total GD in our 3rd season after 2 full seasons under ETH = +11 GD.

That's all I am going to say
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. ETH’s GD at Ajax was one of the qualities I was hoping he would bring with him. That’s been an epic failure.

How long after they say this do they officially sack him? A month to two?

It depends on our results in upcoming fixtures. If we drop points to any minnows after already losing 2 out of 3, then things will move quickly.

I hope that your interpretations are correct.

I can see him staying and being supported if the results aren’t great but the underlying numbers are good and suggest that we are going somewhere, but they’ll sack him if we are once again lucking our way even to 8th, like last season, where our xPts was somewhere around 45 if I’m not mistaken.

Eh. We are stuck with him for a long, long time, for some reason he has managed to cast a spell on everyone associated with the club including all decision makers. While other clubs aim to deliver better football and win games, our primary goal seems to be to ensure Erik ten Hag has everything he needs to compensate for his lack of skills.

Eh. We are stuck with him for a long, long time, for some reason he has managed to cast a spell on everyone associated with the club including all decision makers. While other clubs aim to deliver better football and win games, our primary goal seems to be to ensure Erik ten Hag has everything he needs to compensate for his lack of skills.
Important to note those quotes were made before the game against Liverpool.

Those quotes are from before the Liverpool game no?

So basically journos have gone to ask if ETH still has the boards backing and they've been referred back to those quotes.

Getting a vote of confidence this quickly means he'll be sacked even faster. You dont get more than one of those.
+1

Don’t get overly hysterical

Those quotes are from before the Liverpool game no?

So basically journos have gone to ask if ETH still has the boards backing and they've been referred back to those quotes.

Getting a vote of confidence this quickly means he'll be sacked even faster. You dont get more than one of those.
Funniest CEO in the league if he said it after the game and that interview

It’s crazy how disingenuous these journalists are. They KNEW these quotes were before the Liverpool game. They KNEW they would get a reaction for the fans if they did not clarify the timelines of those quotes.

Looks like Omar and Dan were not fully in favor. Good to read. Hoping the start to the season has the writing on the wall.

For Ten Hag this summer was almost perfect for him, the lack of CEO and director of football in place i feel afforded him the chance to continue. I don't think he will be that lucky this season, not with results like yesterday.

There’s no need for a vote of confidence unless things are getting real bad. It’s always been foreshadowing of a sacking, unless there’s a serious turn-around, which surely won’t happen. Not unless Ugarte is a Uruguayan Roy Keane regen.

Dreaded vote of confidence :

The “vote of confidence” that an under-pressure manager gets from his chairman has become such a harbinger of doom (they tend to get sacked soon afterwards) that is has evolved to become the “dreaded vote of confidence”.

This is what it is. He also said that him and Ashworth weren't there when ETH's contract was extended. ETH is on a tight rope now.

Athletic journos left it in saved drafts
They were saving the quotes for an article they've done and credit to Adam Crafton, he was the first I seen to point out that the quotes came from before the Liverpool game while the likes of Chris Wheeler are on twitter trying to put them as fresh quotes post Liverpool defeat.

Vote of confidence is like being put on a PIP in any form of work. They make it seem like you have a chance but it’s a formality what will happen.

There’s no need for a vote of confidence unless things are getting real bad. It’s always been foreshadowing of a sacking, unless there’s a serious turn-around, which surely won’t happen. Not unless Ugarte is a Uruguayan Roy Keane regen.
The pressure isn't stopping, more people are starting to question him openly. Starting to feel like Biden's final weeks.

McT would have done better than Casemiro but we still would have lost, it's true. LIverpool are a much better side. Getting Ugarte is the long term smart move so lets judge in the long term.

I don't like Mazrouri at all because of his bigoted stance on LGBT but he seems a decent enough player, as does De Ligt. Zirkzee seems like a clumsy ox but early days let's give him a chance.

I'm not commenting on their quality or lackthereof. I'm asking who do you think identified them as targets to sign this summer if Ten Hag wasn't still steering the recruitment ship?

McTominay is a very average central midfielder and personally I don't think we lost because Casemiro had a stinker. Sure it contributed to it but it was more that we're just a team with shite predictable tactics. We don't know how to attack, we can't score, we leave midfielders isolated, we can't control possession or games and we still can't defend worth a feck despite investing the best part of £200m into signing Dutch/Ajax players for Ten Hag.

I don't like Mazrouri at all because of his bigoted stance on LGBT

I can't say I'm familiar with the situation but yeah if true. It's not the type of person I want United to be signing.